Discuss

Discuss

Using it right now. Usually end up coming back to it. My biggest complaint are the constant issues with the installer often times it fails and it takes me a few re-installs to get it working. It's a great distro though if you want want to use a rolling distro but don't want to be bothered with constantly fixing shit.

It has never successfully installed on my computers.

Why bother? Just use Anarchy Linux if you want Arch with an installer. Antergos puts its shitty branding everywhere and the repoistory they have is bloat

It's perfect for me. Runs eorlds better than Ubuntu, and lighter than fedora while working better with Wayland and gnome

You using the minimal release or something?

what are the disk size requirements

About three fiddy.

Arch for retards.

/thread

3.5 really?
Manjaro is like 30 lol

ironic considering arch is void for retards

It's easy to install and really fast.

Sadly it has the same short comings as Arch: breaking configurations every know and then, installing anything that is not on the repos or the AUR is harder than it should.

running it with deepin desktop = heaven

only issue iss cli yaourt onllly way to install software

not the fucking gui

woosh

It's hardly a 'wooosh' if your 'joke' was nonsensical to begin with.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSH

Anarchy Linux does not have gnuradio in its repository, it is a must have app for anyone in to SDR radio and/or hamradio

also gqrx and its dependencies too

Manjaro requires 30GB? What the fuck is it installing?

anime girl image packs

Antergos has a live boot from which I can set up my internet connection with a few easy clicks.
It wins by default because I still have no idea where to enter username/password via CLI.

works on my machine.

CIA

What de is this?

not git.

>fuckhuge clock
boy i wonder

Are you actually retarded?
There are graphical pacman frontends with aur support

love it. use it on both, desktop and thinkpad. pretty comfy, fast, low on ressources and stable.

Actually, it's Arch for people with better things to do other than trying to be a L337 H4x0r neckbeard with a false sense of superiority.

it's arch for people who don't have all day to spend installing and editing config files.

The base install is basically a graphical arch installer with an antergos logo when it's finished
it's great for non-autist that still want to feel to like the cool kids

It is not just an Arch installer it is an Arch *Based* Distribution, and if you think it is just an Arch installer, you are either completely illiterate or just stupid as fuck

It uses a few packages from their own repos but most is from the actual arch repo. If after a base install you remove the packages from the antergos repo you have arch with an antergos logo.
>no u

>Obviously doesn't know anything about kernel modifications

That simple, but gee, i wonder why it doesn't break as often as base Arch does, even if you don't use its repo...could it be that it maybe modified to do so? Who knows, we here don't give a shit about kernel modifications and/or software, we just like to press "pacman -syu" every day

And i am guessing Mint is just Ubuntu, and Ubuntu is just Debian, and Debian is just... funny how Linux *users* get to say stupid shit. I mean i understand they can, because they never touched upon the guts of it, they just think that installing Arch is this great feat of intellect.

>If i upgrade using "apt upgrade" it is *basically* just Debian
>if i upgrade using "pacman -syu" it is *basically* just Arch
>if i use "emerge" it is *basically* just Gentoo

Literally repeating what i said here

Funny, ive head that comment already on leddit

>Antergos
>using a different kernel from Arch
Try again. It's literally just Arch and the only thing from the Antergos repos is some art and icon packs and such. 99% of it is Arch.

Antergos is a pile of shit that ties down and locks all the other desktop environments into behind their netinstall botnet. Their only live bootable media you can actually try out to play around with is GNOME. Manjaro at least has good courtesy to not tie and weigh down every other flavor and desktop environment into a netinstall botnet and you can actually try out any of their community editions which are the other desktop environments you can actually play around with and try those out better help and determine which to install and stick with. Thank God the only netinstall botnet Manjaro offers is Architect but that's it. Antergos a shit

>netinstall botnet
The amount of retardation I see on Sup Forums every day increases.

ok Sherlock tell me why in the fuck would I ever need or want to use a network based installer as opposed to a regular install media that isn't reliant on being connected to a network just to install your God damn penguin OS

>he doesn't know about the CPU architecture modifications