/slav/ic language family

Here you can talk about languages and cultures from slavic speaking countries.
*DIsclaimer*
Daily reminder Slavs is a linguistic group, not ethnic wy głupie chuje.

Other urls found in this thread:

theverge.com/2016/9/7/12840374/norilsk-red-river-russia-chemical-leak-mine-waste
ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-riefensbeek-kreis-clausthal-zellerfeld1.mp3
ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-bortfeld-bei-braunschweig-1936-19374.mp3
ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-gross-brunsrode1.mp3
old.nuk.uni-lj.si/bs.html
hsb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hłowna_strona
youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5MuSHtgS0
interserb.de/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Russia, explain
theverge.com/2016/9/7/12840374/norilsk-red-river-russia-chemical-leak-mine-waste

first for linguistics

bulgarians are turks edition

Czechs are gays edition

do u lik
polen
??

Russkí dólžen byť na látinice, diskáss.

>namefag

Na świecie są 3kk polaków, mieszkających w Rosji edition

I każdy z nich musi się wrocić k polskiemu narodu

Nadzieję się że napisałem jak trzeba

Nahuj pošjol

do polskiego narodu
Mam nadzieję, że

*Nachuj påšol

polen
y u no lik me

i liek you but don't tel anyon

Укaцiўcя

dzien dobry

There is another thread

>ch

Can you make it a bit blurrier, the text is still readable

dzień dobry
i chuj :D

Dear Slavs,
why all the sibilants, affricates and clusters thereof?
t. Germanic language family

Becauce why not, Niemiec

Kuga s mә glih kәr reku, ti kurba mәjhna? Jest tә puvem, de sәm zvežban holcar pa de sәm biu že doskat zravәn, k sej kramper pubirou; saj 300 gajb ga mam že nabranga. Drva znam cepәt z eno roko, traktor uhkә pa u miže furam. Tuko tem žvajznu, de teu du Buhina pa nazaj udnesvә, vrjem mә. K to pišem, že brusәm skiro pa vežem štrәk. Mrtu s ti, toja držina, usә toj prjatlә, pa še ceu toj rod za sto generacij nazaj. Ščijem pu grobovәh tojga roda, ungavәm tә use babe u držin pa use drva tәm ud bajte udnesu. Suvata nәjt u cvet pride pa mlek nәj set skisa. Ti nis nәč u primerjau z mano. Upam, de vәm vәs pәrdelk preč pride, pa usa žvina crkne. Dep te kura bәcniva pa pәs puscau. Vem ke žviš pa vem, ke mate kluče ud bajte skrite. Merkej se, k bom zj hmau pršu. Frderbou tem preh, kokr uhkә Očenәš zmolәš.

>0
explain yourself

better?

t. absolute madman

So what was the point of the image with the lines and the arrows, anyway?

Kurwa jak że mi źle bez kobiety

Chcę pierdolić się z dziewczyną

Nawet wziąć ślub jeśli ona będzie zajebistą

Nawet jeśli ona nie będzie polką

Rozumecie jak wszystko jest źle?

Uwielbiam jak piszesz

Miałem szanse kiedy pracowałem ale oni wypierdolili mi z tą pracy

Kurwa ja pierdolę

Robię to chujowo ale usłychałem pierwsze polskie słowo kiedy już miałem 23 lata

I see, it's Upper Caledonian again
What do you have to say about the greatest Germanic language, Eastphalian?

dobrze ci idzie Włodek, przynajmniej mam ubaw

The Old Russian accentuation. Every syllable has to belong to one of the three different categories: "self-stressed plus", "right-stressed plus" or "minus". The stress always falls on the first plus syllable in a word or on the syllable after it (depending on if it's "self-stressed" or "right-stressed"). If all the syllables in a word are marked as "minus" the stress falls on the first syllable. Prepositions, particles and conjunctions are considered a part of the word after them so they can be stressed too.

French is better kurwa

not Germanic though

>Upper Caledonian
lmao

I don't know anything about Eastphalian but (Austro)Bavarian is literally GOAT.

тaм oбcтaнoвкa нaпpяжённaя

>(Austro)Bavarian is literally GOAT.
Meh
Eastphalian is virtually extinct. Listen to this if you want to get a picture:
ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-riefensbeek-kreis-clausthal-zellerfeld1.mp3

ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-bortfeld-bei-braunschweig-1936-19374.mp3

ernstwilhelm.files.wordpress.com/2009/10/mundartprobe-ostfaelisch-gross-brunsrode1.mp3

We have most loan words from Bavarian and it sounds the best to me desu

>We have most loan words from Bavarian
How comes? And what do you like about it?

Because we were in contact with them since the ninth century, of course.

I dunno, sounds cool. Not as effeminate as some of the northern dialects.

OFFICIAL Sup Forums SLAVIC LANGUAGES RANKING

God Tier
>Czech

Literally just russian tier
>everything else

Nice, thanks. What sounds effeminate about northern dialects?

>nike logo above letters
no thanks, average word in polish is 7 letters long, therefore we are God's chosen people, who speak his tounge

>pic
I read it at the third attempt, what is wrong with me?

>/slav/ic la
dont copy my /hell/enic

Okay, maybe it's not so much about northern dialects as much as it is about the standard German we were taught in school and the fact that the Bavarians speak more in dialects and less in standard German. The Rs in standard German especially make it sound a bit faggy to me.

I see. The uvular R spread from France across Europe 300 years ago or so. Natively, all varieties of German had the apical R, which now only the extreme northern and far southern dialects have.

>The Rs in standard German especially make it sound a bit faggy to me.

This. I never know how to explain it because everyone just loves the "German soubds like cancer" meme and goes apeshit if you ty to bring up the fact that it wounds turbohomo, but i fully agree with you.

Why do you have to bully with fake maps?

How is this fake?

Where's Pregl then?

Wasn't he Austrian? Why would anyone name his kid Fritz, wtf?

Because Austrians are a bunch of cunts and are the same as the rapefugees that are rapingt hem now and soon they will start having names like mohammed, muhamed, muhammad, etc.

I listened to your recordings now and that actually sounds great.
The dialect near the Netherlands sound quite alright to me as well but the southern ones are the best in my opinion. From what I hear, you seem to have a problem similar to ours but much more prominent, where a centralised koine has formed and people are increasingly using that instead of dialects. Still, I can't really talk about the situation of German dialects but I can say that our dialects are living and don't seem to be in danger, at least I don't think so. I mean, there are something like two children of Bosnians or Serbs or whatever in my village and they both speak in our dialect so that says enough when even they speak the dialect.

>rivers of blood
Russia confirmed for literal Hell on earth

Thanks. It is the language of my ancestors, so it means a lot to me. I wish I could learn and try to revive it. Eastphalian is a Low German dialect, which means it is a North Sea Germanic language and thus closer to modern-day English than to other German dialects.
>The dialect near the Netherlands
Do you know which one specifically? Could be Low German or could be a Franconian variety.
>you seem to have a problem similar to ours but much more prominent, where a centralised koine has formed
That is true, but it goes even further. Standard German is not based on the dialect of one particular region like British English is, it was artificially created as a common ground for the High German dialects - basically the language area between Cologne, Katowice, Bern and Vienna. Local varieties have been driven into extinction over the past 200 years up until today, and only very few young people learn their grandparents' language anymore. They only get taught Standard German in schools. All the variation that stays is in the different Rs, voicing and devoicing and some colloquial terms. Low German got it especially bad because it was mutually unintellegible with High German.
I'm really happy that your dialects are still alive and well.

Our standard language was created the same way but it's nobody's mother tongue. You either grow up speaking a dialect or a more "watered-down" urban speech, but those are influenced by the regional dialects as well.

I don't know which dialects I'm thinking of precisely but I think it's Low German - it's the ones that sound almost Dutch.

>I don't know which dialects I'm thinking of precisely but I think it's Low German - it's the ones that sound almost Dutch.
I see, it guess you're talking about Low Franconian then. They're quite alright

cyka bumpat

i have a question for non-Croat/Serb/Bosniak slavs

Below is croatian text from early 12th century, from Baška tablet (Baščanska ploča, one of first monuments written in croatian) adjusted to modern alphabet. Seeing how differences between slavic languages 900 years ago probably werent as big as today, my question is how much can other slavs understand it?

"az v ime Otca i Sina i Svetago Duha az opat Držiha pisah se o ledine juže da Zvnimir kral hrvatski v dni svoje v Svetuju Luciju. I svedomi župan Desimira Krbavě, Mratin v Licě, Pribnebža sposl Vinodolě, Ěkov v Otocě. Da iže to poreče klni i Bog i bï apostola i gevanjelisti i Svetaě Luciě amen. Da iže sdě živet moli za ne Boga. Az opat Dobrovit zdah crěkv siju i svoeju bratiju s devetiju v dni kneza Kosmta obladajućago v su krainu i běše v ti dni Mikula v Otočci s Svetuju Luciju v edino."

Strč prst skrz krk.
Rozprostovlasatela sa dcéra kráľa Nabuchodonozora, alebo nerozprostovlasatela sa dcéra kráľa Nabuchodonozora?

A čo máš proti nám :( ?

I understood that the king was giving some land and that it was combined with the land the priest lived in. Also, anyone who's against that would be cursed by God.

Here's something for you; pic is the Freising Manuscript, the first known text in Slovene from the 10th century

Tbh modern Serbocroatian is more intelligible to me, through I get the general religious content.

braise Bedlura and wel be fin
e

problem is i cant even get what are the words. If i saw it written in contemporary alphabet maybe i'd be able to understand some of it

did you know slovak is most similair foreign language to (serbo-)croatian? Not even a lot of slovenian dialects are that close to croatian. Thing with slovenian is that it has like 15 dialects and some are easier to understand than others, and I'd say slovak is somewhere in between those, easier to understand than some while harder than others

Well I understand Serbocroatian helluva better than Slovene.

old.nuk.uni-lj.si/bs.html

>like 15 dialects
kek, linguists say between 7 and possibly over 50, depending on how you count them

seeing how you are literally in the center of slavdom, can you post list of slavic languages by mutual intelligebility, from highest to lowest? Czech is first i guess, but what comes next?

and all that while country is size of Zagreb's parking lot. Most impressive feat, my fellow alpine Croat

Funny, I'm pretty sure they speak an eastern Slovene dialect in that part of your country

1. Czech - Czech is fully mutually intelligible (and I mean fully, half of films on our TV are in Czech and I did my exam with a Czech professor who gives lectures in Czech and I responded in Slovak).

2. Upper Sorbian
3. Polish, Serbocroatian
4. Ukrainian
5. Russian
6. Macedonian
7. Bulgarian - like WTF to me.

Never heard Belarusian but I assume between UA and RU.

Sorry, forgot Slovene, it would be between Russian and Macedonian.

V Ščebřešıňe hřõšč břmi v třciňe.
I Ščebřešın z tego sǔıňe.

Vuû go pıta: „Paňe hřõšču,
Po cuž pan tak břẽčı v gõšžu?“

You did a good job but didnt answer what i wanted to know the most lol, and thats what do you understand better, polish or croatian. I wonder because you said you understand croatian without problem but it would be more natural that you say it about polish, seeing how you border Poland, parts of it were in same counry with you etc.

haha about bulgarian, for me its vice versa for example, bulgarian is a lot higher in that ladder than polish. And yeah, Belarusian is almsot identical to ukrainian so its exactly where you'd put it.

upper Sorbian, interesting, i am sure 99% people here never heard of it and even if they did, they'd just think it has something to do with serbian (and people here really dont like serbian)

Or maybe you speak western croatian čakavština? :P Anyway, they are in minority and noone understands them so i would hardly put zagorski dialect with croatian, its definitely more similair to eastern slovenian dialects than standard croatian

>Belarusian is almsot identical to ukrainian
Belarusian looks like Russian spelled by an illiterate desu

Very small parts. The thing is, I understand written Croatian better than Polish but spoken Polish better than spoken Serbocroatian. You have a very Slovak/Czech writing system compared to Poles. I was able to read a leaflet from a medication I bought in Croatia with no problem.

yeah, we have Š, Č thanks to guy called Ljudevit Gaj who reformed written croatian, before him there was literally 23 ways to spell č (sc, cz, cj....) while Poles never went through with it so they still have archaic way of spelling, sz for š. cz for č etc. Thats why written croatian is so similair to czech / slovak, written polish looks retarded to me too. Why the fuck would you spell city of Stettin like Sczeczin when you can just write Ščečin? I will never understand that

Well, Upper Sorbs are called Lužickí Srbi in Slovak, so :p

But they are a West Slavic minority in Germany (Saxony). Their written language looks like Polonized Czech written with w instead of v and their spoken language sounds like lightly Polonized and heavily Germanized colloqual Czech:

hsb.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hłowna_strona
youtube.com/watch?v=Ph5MuSHtgS0

I can understand more than 50%

i know, thats why i said poor people wouldnt fare well here if they said they were Lužicki Srbi even though they have nothing to do with Serbs lol. But a lot of people people here go apeshit when hear word "Srb", and you cant argue with their kind.

But that language, holy shit. Its like i am listening german person speaking western slavic language (cant differentiate between spoken polish and czech / slovakian :\ ), literally

So not too much. Thank you for input polebro, much appreciated

Well, many of them grow up with German as the first language, they are facing total assimilation and their language and culture is dying out :( it probably would sound a lot less German 200 years ago.

Sounds like weird Polish with an awful German accent.

>German as the first language
How are they actual Sorbs then

Their ancestors were Sorbs. Also, a lot of them probably speak Sorbian natively, but because they use German so much in their daily life, it seeps into their mother tongue as well.

They have a forum, but it has been inactive for 2 years :/:

interserb.de/

Like I said, the German governments did a great job at driving minority languages to extinction. What happened to Upper and Lower Sorbian has before happened to all other Wendish languages, Low German, Romanes and all the weird little dialects.

Literally looks like someone's too lazy to write full words.

t. Niemiecie

t. wannabe Austriak

>Considered derogatory until the 19th century; now the standard, neutral word. Origin uncertain; probably either from Old Polish kob (“pigpen” !!) or koba (“mare” !!!); the suffix -ieta is found in some contemporaneous female names (Markieta, Elżbieta, Greta !!!!). Displaced niewiasta (now considered poetic !!!!!) and żona (meaning narrowed down to "wife").

Polish is a language beyond saving. It's just an awful mess of nonsense, imported words, and ridiculous spelling.

Just because you don't understand something, doesn't mean it's wrong.

>woman = mare, pigpen + random German female name ending

And the fact that you used to call women 'brides' (neveste in proper Slavic) only proves that you already were beyond salvation long ago, just a non-Slavic nation speaking a nonsensical gibberish.

a tie vrabce strng brng do trna

I wanna move and start my life all over again in another slavic country (except Bosnia and Slovakia) any suggestions?

come here alexander

Is it easy to get a polish citizenship? I bet it's difficult because you're in the EU and we're not.

can't help you, sorry :(

you could try the "i'm actually polish" angle, we're keen on repatriates.