The Official Sup Forums Linux Desktop Environment POLL

We will decide this once and for all.

Tiling Window Manager fag NEET autists stay the fuck out.

strawpoll.me/15005441
strawpoll.me/15005441
strawpoll.me/15005441

>Official
Fuck off

deepin is the best. gnome 2nd best

oh compositing desktop environment. then it's gnome because nothing is better than wayland

holy fuck its a close race already

ITT: Linux fags wish they ran Mac OS for Aqua

>Linux fags wish they ran Mac OS

It's so obvious how Linuxfags wish they had Mac aesthetics.

XFCE is the only answer allowed.

>iNigger pretends to be relevant

>no Lumina
Dropped.

>Xfeces

literally a DE hyped by neets with shitty netbooks and poverty desktops they fished out of the dumpster.

I have no idea what XFCE is or does sorry.

You fucking fags. Get out.

deepin uses less ram than xfce and looks better

Go deepin your mom. Both Deepin and Xfeces are shit.

You're a fucking toddler
de = training wheels

get a fucking job

>Bash not an option.
Is this a joke poll? I only ever use text mode. GUI is for retards.

>bash
bloat shell

DE's are for fags who are content with a subpar workflow

>no option for none
dropped

Better than ksh. I strongly believe that all ksh users do nothing but rice their shell.

>Tiling Window Manager fag NEET autists stay the fuck out.

Anyone intelligent to actually use a tiling-wm will probably ignore your shitty strawpoll thread anyway.

xfce is goat the rest is bloat

I have no idea what xfce is or does sorry.

Fish is best shell.

I have no idea what MacOS for Aqua is or does, sorry.

>Anyone intelligent to actually use a tiling-wm

Even permaNEETs and other retards use that because you shill it on Sup Forums all day.

i like this girl keep posting her on Sup Forums al l the time

losers

Is this Caligula before he become crazy?

>eyes of the evil

haha

>We will decide this once and for all.
You must be new here

Also xfce is great. gtk-based. low on resources. what's not to like? if you want fancy desktop effects you can always install cairo. If you just want something simple and familiar then its xfce all the way.

imagine a world where gtk3 didnt exist and wayland wasnt coming to wipe out everything for almost no reason besides 'x is old lol'
linux itself is just as crufty for personal workstation use as X is, so I guess we should replace with macosx as well

>You must be new here
>xfce is great

lol yeah ok

GNOME is The Linux desktop
Delet this

DE's are a fucking meme. There is nothing like configuring your workflow around a minimal, keyboard based WM. Stop being faggots and install i3 or ratpoison

Tilingfag pls, this is about DE's, go back to your containment thread

get a fucking job, loser.

>Xfce
its time to get rid of those toasters guys

I just wish to educate, friendo
>Implying

Everybody voting for Xfce is literally a NEET with a computer that should have been thrown out years ago.

You know this to be true.

Tiling wms start to fall apart when you have large, high res monitors. Then you have to deal with having to move your head to see the side of a window that would be within eyeball distance if it was on the side of a secondary monitor.

Mate is ligh and cool isnt it?

Or just use a keybind to move the window. Any "problem" you have with tiling WM's is just something you cant be fucked to configure it to do or not do.

I have used i3 and now using sway friendo, so you're preaching to the choir
Still, let DEfags have their poll without being an obnoxious tool

What tiling wms support sizing without having a dummy window on the side?

>without being an obnoxious tool
But thats, like, my special skill, friendo

i3 for one. i3 is my default, so im not really sure about what others do.

>gtk based
That's a flaw. Good thing they have 4 years before they fully move to gtk3 and fuck up the entire DE.

>haha, look at them, they're not stupid enough to run bloatware
Kys. Xfce is the only good gtk-based DE.

>tiling DE autusts
Found the retard

>Xfce is the only good gtk-based DE.

So good that it doesn't have any active development for years now, huh?

Shut the fuck up.

The only reason people still use Xfeces is because there's lots of NEETs who think it will be great for their shitty old laptop with 1GB of RAM and a Celeron processor.

>Kys. Xfce is the only good gtk-based DE.
MATE is good

Why have you posted 3 links?

If your mouse control is shit you wont miss the link

I see. That won't be a problem for me at least, I have a good mouse.

Need a good hand to guide a good mouse. You steady, bro?

Yep.

JWM (Joe's window manager) is the only non-bloated and non-shit option here.

Are you that much of a newfag? Xfce ALWAYS released stable versions only once every 3 years. Check out their repos and you'll see that they've been working on it even in the last few weeks.

MATE is better than GNOME, but it's far from good. To be fair I avoided MATE in the last few years so idk if they've improved it. But from what I hear, the jump to gtk3 made it heavier than before so it no longer has the selling point of being suited for older computers.

I think you mean TWM, JWM is bloat.

>compositing

idiot

Dear OP,

How the FUCK are we going to vote for the best DE when the best DE isn't even in it?

Nice fail faggot and kind regards,

user

>when the best DE isn't even in it?

which one?

I have a 4 core gpu + 8GB RAM and I installed XFCE because I'm actually working on this computer and compiling a lot.
When in summer, computer can get boiling hot from constant compilation, it reduce a lot the heat and everything feel much faster.

Dear user,

Thank you for your kind letter and thank you for the feedback. I hope you are well.

I would be much appreciative to learn what your approved Desktop Environment is, the one you speak of as being absent. I was very much unaware that other, non-shit desktop environments exists asides from the ones on the list.

Kind Regards,
user

The results currently PROVE Sup Forums was lying to me all along.

>No Unity
I mean I voted KDE but I'm surprised no one has been butthurt yet

>think it will be great for their shitty old laptop with 1GB of RAM and a Celeron processor.
Well it is
t. 2gb RAM and Pentium processor

I see that we are choosing the SECOND best window manager after Fluxbox since it's not included? I get that, it wouldn't be a contest anyway.

kde is one of the worst desktop environments

I can do it with herbstluftwm

lmao

>linux

KDE has gotten so good that it's stupid to even choose XFCE over it at this point.

Not a DE.

I vote Gnome. I actually prefer Gnome 2 but it's still better than KDE.
All the others are doing almost nothing at all for adapting to new technology. GTK devs might be assholes but at least they are working.
It's usable out of the box and doesn't look like horse shit, in contrast to e.g. Xfce.
I tried KDE a few times and it was always the slowest und most unstable experience in comparison to other DEs.

Enlightenment... gnihihi

>that tearing

What the best KDE distro, Sup Forums?

This. WM or back to Windows.