Konnichiwa

Can we please discuss this delayed-but-worth-the-wait masterpiece?

Favourite song?
Least favourite song?
Skepta's magnum opus?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=oAyaaio3pqE
soundcloud.com/iglooghost/ell-ft-rocks-foe
soundcloud.com/astarocks/rocks-foe-seere-medleyprod-by-rocks-foe
youtube.com/watch?v=fiThDBVZ0gE
youtube.com/watch?v=6JzG-g8Yrs0
youtube.com/watch?v=a7xn0KMOOxY
youtube.com/watch?v=Abvqy2-bFlc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in_da_Corner
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-27rdwJPs
youtube.com/watch?v=YH0KWX2a8zY
youtube.com/watch?v=qEBJ_tYlMw8
youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2G27U0n8I
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is it actually good?

I assumed it would just be a memerap pop album.

Crime Riddim fucking slaps

set me a link

better than views imo
less filler, more bangers

youtube.com/watch?v=oAyaaio3pqE

dopefile.pk / k49v27hbzbfa

great album if you've never listened to skepta before, good but underwhelming if you have

lynxshare com pszjpkyu6540

hahah this skepta launch party is so shit

This is much better than I thought it'd be.

"I hate man like a nun"

It's a grime album most of these guys are awful rappers it's all about the vibes bruv.

ladies hit squad still shit

It doesn't fit on the record at all, dunno why he kept it on there.

It's a fucking grime album then you have this weird generic rap song.

see me on the tv hi mum

lmfao

yeah i love it lmao

Why are grime artists so bad at releasing albums?

He's left his fans waiting what, 5 years for this album? And there's 7 new tracks on it. Almost half of the tracks on the album have already been heard.

And this is like a common thing. Jme had a 5 year old track on his album he released last year.

No one releases mixtapes or anything. And you can say "oh it's not an album genre" but what are they doing in the meantime? The bars they spit on sets are all the same.

Grime is not a super complex album. Should be easy to at least drop a project every year but we're lucky if they ever even drop an album.

>Grime is not a super complex album

I meant genre.

>featuring Chip

I was looking forward to hearing the most consistent grime artist of the past year spit some nang bars and diss about 100 different MCs in the same line.

All I got was a shitty pseudo deep PHONE CALL. That's not a feature Joseph!

PREACH

Launch party a shit

Why the fuck has he sampled a clip of him and his friends threatening some kid over Call of Duty?

>where you at senpai give us your location we're coming to your yard

Is this supposed to sound cool?

damn kohhh going in at the launch party rn

I tried liking grime, but I just couldn't do it. A lot of the grime songs I've tried listening to have some of the worst bars/hooks I've ever heard. People say that 'it's completely different from rap' and 'you just don't get it,' but I think they just like the grime aesthetic more than the music. Is this album honestly any different?

Does he come back? I rewound the stream to when he first came out.

its okay, not much different from the generic 1xtra tracks
the pharrell williams song was a bit different from the rest tho

There are no grime albums, only british rap albums.

I felt the same way, but then I watched the Noisey episode about london. It was like a brief intro into what the scene is about. It's music to go fucking ham to, and I'm all about that

No there are definitely a few grime albums out there what are you on about.

track bangs anyway tho

Name some

this album is mediocre as fuck, how is the best grime album made 13 years ago by an 18 year old, literally shocking.

Boy In Da Corner, all of Jme's albums, Microphone Champion, Konnichiwa, Treddin On Thin Ice, Playtime Is Over, Ghetto Gospel

because grime ain't an albums genre and 99% of the time when a grime artist makes an album, it's a half-baked major label cash grab

The thing that bothers me is that grime fans constantly whine about "IT'S NOT AN ALBUM GENRE DON'T JUDGE IT ON THE ALBUMS" yet a ghetto teenager made a fucking critically acclaimed Mercury Prize winning classic in the very early stages of the genre's lifespan.

It's very possible, people are just too lazy to do it.

>grime ain't an albums genre

if an 18 year old can fucking do it there is no excuse, the only hope for the scene is AJ Tracey

all yall need to stand down, this album is great

are you american by chance?

What about The Square? Novelist is the reason I even care about grime again.

Boy in Da corner is more garage than grime and the rest of those are rap.

>AJ Tracey

AJ T MY DAD LIVED IN TOTTENHAM
TRUE MY DAD LIVED IN TOTTENHAM
SOMETHING SOMETHING ARSENAL
SOMETHING SOMETHING ARSENAL
AJ T FROM THE LANE
REALLY VAGUE FORCED SIMILIE
WAVE LIKE WALRUS

Nov had so much potential but as soon as Skepta took him under his wing, his ego skyrocketted substantially, he left the square because he wanted to make the money, and not let his dargs eat.

i went secondary school with AJ aswell looool

there's trap and all sorts of bass music on konnichiwa so idk what point ur trying to make

>who is Rocks FOE

Just started making music and it's already clear that he's gonna go on to become the GOAT desu.

soundcloud.com/iglooghost/ell-ft-rocks-foe
soundcloud.com/astarocks/rocks-foe-seere-medleyprod-by-rocks-foe
youtube.com/watch?v=fiThDBVZ0gE

Watching him do sets with other MCs is just embarrassing because he genuinely doesn't stop spitting while everyone else runs out of bars. Even changes languages.

youtube.com/watch?v=6JzG-g8Yrs0

Only live recorded albums like zing zing zoom can be grime. That release was the closest thing we had to grime in years.

No.

What's with grime artist filming their videos in front of Trellick Tower lmao? looool im so hard bruv im standing near a council estate

yup. been following skepta for a minute, seen him live, this is exactly what i expected. can't fuck with "Ladies Hit Squad" at all but enjoying pretty much all the others.

>big h

you probably rate kozzie

AJ is from west, trellick is the defining blocks of west

Because literally the only thing you need to be a grime MC is street cred. You HAVE to be hard to make grime music. You don't even necessarily need talent, you just need to be hard.

You have to act a certain way, dress a certain way, rap a certain way over certain beats. It's very formulaic and if you don't follow the formula you'll get completely ostracised, which is why you never see experimental grime artists and why the genre failed to progress.

>which is why you never see experimental grime artists
what is like half the shit on keysound recordings in the past few years wew lad

no just stop, grime is fully dependent on talent, if you chat crud and act like some skengman you will get g checked.

CRIME RIDDIM

Talking about the MC side of grime though.

The MCs will never rap over those instrumentals, and if they do, they will be simplified and made generic.

Name one MC aside from Jme who doesn't act and talk about being hard.

Some of wiley's albums don't even sound like grime or even rap, so I guess you could call that experimental.

youtube.com/watch?v=a7xn0KMOOxY

youtube.com/watch?v=Abvqy2-bFlc

So who is this teen you're talking about? I'm interested in hearing the album

boy in da corner
>most polished
>most varied tracklist covering many topics
>beats sound like they were literally made yesterday

Boy in Da Corner is grime what are you on about

Literally garage with an MC which still makes it garage.

rahhhhh safe for showing me this

I mean grime came directly out of garage and there was a lot of sonic crossover in those days so I don't think you can definitely say it's garage, but not grime. It doesn't even sound like a lot MC-led garage at the time like So Solid or that "Do You Really Like It" shite. It's clearly more in line with the "eskibeat" type stuff Wiley was doing at the time.

grime has a lot of independents so they concentrate on creating a cash flow through merchandise and touring and releasing the odd track. the potential for a truly great grime album is there, they just haven't got the inclination since the work/reward ratio isn't there. they have to hustle to keep it a sustainable thing on their own because it's more profitable that way.

CasisDead will probably do the next great grime album.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boy_in_da_Corner

>Genre: Grime

g there's literally sino-grime beats on there, just stop it

jesus, read that back to yourself

most notably Avalanche Music Volume 1.

Because ajs from west you bean

>Literally garage with an MC which still makes it garage.
youtube.com/watch?v=AZ-27rdwJPs
youtube.com/watch?v=YH0KWX2a8zY

Do you not hear the difference?

3 YEARS.
3 FUCKING YEARS.
HE TOLD ME IT WOULD BE OUT IN EVERY SINGLE MONTH IN 2015.

WHAT THE FUCK.

THERE ARE 3 YEAR OLD SONGS ON HERE.

You lucky you're from the manor Skepta. Wouldn't take this shit from anyone else.

Too many guys here hype up boy in the corner when Home Sweet Home is the GOAT

looool trim's face when he realises rocks is spitting in some african language is the funniest thing i've ever seen.

the guy is just looking as his phone not paying attention then suddenly realises what rocks is doing.

cas is cringe horrorcore

GARRIDGE
I DON'T CARE ABOUT GARRIDGE
LISTEN TO THIS IT SURE AINT GARRIDGE
WHO TOLD YOU THAT I MAKE GARRIDGE

>4x4 beats sound similar

the percussion is fucking different, you're a nerd, i'm literally done.

Great album but is it really grime though?

are you american?

F.am Dizzee was 16 when he wrote BIDC. It just took years for release, the verses on it were all at least 2-3 years old.

It isn't though.
Wiley's albums are all better

i've been listening to grime since Channel U

Would you call 100% publishing a grime album? Because that's pretty great. It's not like grime and it's not like rap either.

HSH was a grime album. With one of the finest grime videos ever made.

youtube.com/watch?v=qEBJ_tYlMw8

DAMN I MISS THOSE TIMES. Well not really, I was too poor.

true, this is the best cas tune

youtube.com/watch?v=Zl2G27U0n8I

Fucking british people and their stupid shit when it comes to this kind of music
>lol no i don't listen to albums lmao, singles all the way
>lol mate you have to listen to some shitty radio thing
>lol mate you have to dj with vinyls and play only the rarest tunes ever with less than 50 copies made and no available digital version
>lol mate see if you add a kick and snare drum here it's a TOTALLY brand new genre now i swear

Cas hasn't dropped commercial yet?

Of course not he's a grime mc.

best part of the whole album is the chip phonecall

[banjo intensifies]

>criticizing a genre that says "fuck albums" and embraces the way music was meant to be listened to.
>liking albums
>not liking radio
>wanting sanitized lifeless music
>not wanting to hear music itself

Fuck man.
Skepta just proved he's the don of this shit if anyone still doubted.

After the disappointment of Kano's album it's so satisfying to have a real grime album. Frisco's was decent but too repetitive. Damn this is going to be all I hear this summer at home.

>a bloo bloo a raw genre requires you to dig through the archives to find gold

The phonecall sounded very clear, he must've had great connection. I guess Chip truly can't run out of bars.

kek

>not liking radio
Radio is the scourge of music and should die.

>Skepta just proved he's the don of this shit if anyone still doubted
lol
skepta is only decent on production
as mc he's outclassed by everyone, including fucking jme.

the godfather of grime is better on him in all respects

Stormzy pls go.

>disappointment of Kano's album
get outta here man shit

Dizzee is the one who semi-famously used the phrase godfather of grime.

I dont know why anons calling me senpai all of a sudden