>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

drtube.com/schematics/marshall/pc0689.pdf
drtube.com/schematics/marshall/8240-61-06.gif
dimarzio.com/pickups/humbuckers/high-power
youtube.com/watch?v=MIMW0aHN0ks
vocaroo.com/i/s1IFmk4GjB6c
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

keeping it Japanese

Lindell VN-2 baritone guitar. I tune it to D standard

made by teisco sometime in the late 60's

Interesting guitar for sure mate.

left wheel is volume. switch one neck pickup, switch 2 bridge pickup, switch 3 some kind of phase thing. right wheel is tone and it barely works, pretty much either 100 or 0 i never dick w it

i have a classic player Sunburst Jazzmaster and i'm embarrassed to play it live because it's such a fucking meme guitar now.

i really do like how it feels and how it sounds though. i used it for recording.

Can I post my Jap Deluxe Strat?

What do you guys think of it?

Not as good as a MIM with new parts senpai :^)

memes aside, must be good but looks like any other typical Strat, if that's good it depends on the player, I don't mind to be honest.

I want an Elite Strat, the compound neck is a beauty.

Same I haven't touched my offset guitars in years. The only reason I won't sell them is because they're useful when I want a surf/western kind of sound

Why? I'm actually kind of interested to buying the guitar in OP's pic.

I'm just not sure if I would get used to thick strings, and I wonder how they would feel like to bend it on a jazzmaster.

cool an another excuse to post this pic

Fender MIJ Telecaster 62' Reissue

don't be such cucks, stop letting the stupid shit we say on here influence you
offset guitars tend to be played by twinks but that doesn't mean you have to be one too or be scared of playing one because you might get associated with one.

>black strat
still, I like it.
What are the features on the jap deluxe models?

>I'm actually kind of interested to buying the guitar in OP's pic.

yeah you and half the people here

and I forgot the pic

Explain the meme to me

>60 reissue

How's the neck? I played the TL71 before, and the neck seems pretty thick, but I didn't notice the difference in fret size even though I play jumbo frets. Also I'm surprised that the 21 fret is easy to reach.

The glossy finish makes it less smooth than satin, but isn't sticky at all.

this guy is the most happy man on earth

literally every fucking dude in my city plays a cp jazzmaster and i'm sick of them so i'm not going to contribute.

very thick, but suits the 7.25" radius
frets are pretty small, and it has pretty good reach

Glossy finish looks nicer imo, not nearly as fast as satin though. I don't play fast though so it's a fair trade-off for me.

>Why? I'm actually kind of interested to buying the guitar in OP's pic.

of course you are

Put stickers on it or a cool pickguard. They are fucking great guitars, don't be stupid user...

>putting stickers on a guitar
i'm not 14

and i use it for recording, just don't want to play live with it

.. At least it's not pointy.

fair enough

just know that, as much as they get made fun of, and although they are far from perfect, they aren't actually "meme" guitars and have seen significant usage by great players from all kinds of genres
but yeah, I know what you mean
they attract all the biggest shitters and faggots like this guy nowadays

haha I am on your side user, i'm trying to tell that dude not to listen to the memery and just play it..

I know it's associated with all the indie acts and shit. But fuck it looks cool as hell and a trem that can turn into a hardtail with a flick? Why not?

people ITT concerned with style over functionality

Everything is a meme

you know you can worry about looks while having guitars that still function to your needs, right?

guitars are pretty much fashion accessories anyways, if you have the ability to fuss over it then why not

Fair call, just sad to see JM's getting a bum rap

lets see those tubes

I have my intonation set to be as accurate as possible on the 12th fret, I read that that's how you do it. But when I play chords all the way up at the 24th fret I can hear beating and it's all messed up. It's on a very cheap guitar, is the fretwork just inaccurate or did I screw up intonation somehow?

Grandpa, how did you find this website? Are you lost? Can I help you somehow?

It's not just on here, Sup Forums was actually late to the trend. Around here they peaked with hipsters around 2011, right now every single mainstream indie poser plays one. They're pretty much an indicator if a band will be total shit.

>They're pretty much an indicator if a band will be total shit.
I like your style user

it's extra funny because that looks like a japanese person's face

>a trem that can turn into a hardtail

That's not how the tremlock works....

It..it doesn't? You mean I can't lock it and change tuning to my will?

You can change tuning without locking it. The Tremlock just keeps you from being able to bend upwards, you can still use the trem downwards, its only an advantage when you break a string because the rest of the strings won't go out of tune.

>6L6's
>Not 4 or more 6550's

>not 8 KT-88s

>not morning_wood.jpg

My guitar is an Ibanez RG Prestige that was made in japan with a customized pick-gaurd. it also went through some set-up.

I absolutely love my guitar. it's a very comfortable guitar to use, and it has a beautiful sound - i especially love the clean sound of the neck pickup.

While i never played an expensive fender, i like my guitar much more than any fender i tried (though i never played through the expensive ones, so...there is that.)

What's the use of a "customized" pickguard if it doesn't even cover the spot where you use your pick? Looks neat and all but serves no practical purpose imho.
Love the finish tough. Post some audio clips if you can.

My guitar fell and broke there a long time ago, the "customized pick-guard" is actually there to hide the repairs.

I don't have recording equipment ~

The closest thing I have to a jap is a Korean squier strat in lake placid blue that was made some time in the 90s. Bought it second hand with a 15w Marshall for £100.

Would post pics because it looks pretty good but its not with me rn so too bad.

Anyone else got a Korean?

korean is at least fine, and the more expensive ones like Schecters are great.
If I had to rate eastern countries for guitars I'd say
Japan > Korea > Indonesia > Chinese

sure you can tell me about your 10w modelling amp

6L6 sound real nice clean and take a screamer well
already louder than what I can use, easily over powers friends amps and almost never turn the gain above 3-4

Doing another one of these. First image reply will be my inspiration for a

Have you ever owned a JM? God they suck. No sustain at all. I'm going to sell my JM parts now that I have a Tele. My sound improved so much when I moved from JM to Tele that I want to rerecord the work I've done on my band's new album.

AHAHA NIGGA WUT is that pickguard!! That finish is pretty though, I bet it plays amazing.

wow good job being more annoying than a tripfag

sorry but i cant do this. please pick something else. i will do multiple ones. this picture makes me angry

Swap them pickups dawg.

?
My pickups are completely fine though.

I thought the same thing. My Ibanez came stock with Dimarzio PAFs. Swapped them out for D-Activators and it became a completely different guitar. It was like it woke up.

To each their own. But you may be missing out. Typically Ibanez's in house pickups are just awful. At least all the ones I tried were.

I think they may have been replaced already when i sent my guitar to get fixed a long time ago, but im not 100% sure. I do know it was more than just a fix of the part that broke, though, and that it included a setup.

>not using your anger to fuel your music
do you even dank side

also pic related, inspiration

Looks like you have a RG1570. In which case those are the stock pickups. In-house Ibanez.

Do you use your fingers or the bottom of your palm to switch pickups?

thanks for all the information

I have found that the pre-amp wiring is very similar in the 8100 and the 8240. I'm guessing the reverb is a bit different, may sound deeper in the 8100. But overall the sound musn't be too far away.
drtube.com/schematics/marshall/pc0689.pdf
drtube.com/schematics/marshall/8240-61-06.gif

The fix+set up was not done by ibanez themselves though. it was sent to some studio that specializes at fixing and setting up guitars.

This is what Tosin Abasi is going to look like to people in 20 years.

Okay? Those are still stock Ibanez in-house pickups dawg.

Look at the logo/s. Yours are fine, but aftermarket pickups are usually better, and switching pickups is fun mayne.

I really like how my guitar sounds like right now though.

If i will change to different pickups, i think it wont essentially be a change for the better. it's going to sound different, but, what if i won't like the different sound as much as the current sound?

>comparing countries rather than companies
>companies instead of factories
>brands instead of models
>models instead of individual guitars
>guitars instead of tonewoods

Surely people aren't this stupid, right?

Switch them back. I can almost guarantee you a pair of aftermarket pickups will sound better though. Most of Ibanez's stuff is placeholder tier.

If it says V8, V9 or V-something it's Ibanez breh

And you can really improve over those... Dimarzio D-Activators, Illuminators, etc.
Trust us, we are your senpais.
weak b8 m8 i r8 h8/8

Better in what way though?

Improve in WHAT WAY though?

how good something sounds is subjective, after all...

Why do people try to make their guitars look as stupid as possible?

Hey man, GIOs aren't placeholder tier !
They're firewood tier.

>how good something sounds is subjective, after all...
not at all, a clear pickup will sound clear for everyone. I don't like emgs, but they're more than fine.

Read up: dimarzio.com/pickups/humbuckers/high-power

>Each pick up has a different Treble-Mid-Bass balance

Shouldn't they be neutral because amplifiers have a treble-mid-bass controls built into them already?

Please explain to me why there is a need for such a thing to be built in a pick up

Well I'm both pleased with myself and stuck, I finally managed to get enough endurence to play Finite by Origin, except the sweep part. Which is completely insane and will take me months.
youtube.com/watch?v=MIMW0aHN0ks

What's your lastest progress /gg/ ?

Also all Prestiges are made in Nippon. Save for that one series of S models for a little while there.

>torn ligament
>mallet finger
>minimum 6 weeks to heal naturally
>must be fully immobilized
>having a pin put in finger because that guarantees immobilization better than splint alone
>still might not heal
>might need surgery
hold me, /GG/

I understand your logic, but no. I mean, guitar speakers aren't even completely neutral. A V30 will sound different from a greenback, etc. Nothing having to do with guitar is ever "neutral".

If you have a muddy pickup, no matter what you do with your amp it's still going to sound like shit. You won't coax clarity out of it.

this is pretty shit, i didnt bother re-recording anything or deleting stuff. also i never play metal
give me another one

vocaroo.com/i/s1IFmk4GjB6c

they want to be famous, and ASAP

ouch mate that's one of my fears, ever having an injury that keeps me from playing
hope you get well user, godspeed

My current pick ups are:

V7 - S1 - V8.

This is how i feel about them:
The V7 actually has a beautiful sound that i love, that is my neck pickup.

the S1 does feel like it has much more treble. it has a much "thinner" sound to it

The V8 is good with distortion.

Please do note i use a pretty cheap amplifier though

How easy is it to get laid playing bass in a band?

Thank you, user.

If you're on a stage while music is playing for a crowd, you can get your dick wet with minimal effort.

In my honest opinion you will have a very fulfilling experience if you will be playing music purely out of passion for music and art.

hahaha

>laid
>bass
Nah bruh, better go in for the music or buy a fleshlight
Unless you are a femanon, in that case 51.5074° N, 0.1278° W

>51.5074° N, 0.1278° W
Are you suggesting casual sex on a traffic circle in front of Nelson's Column?

I'm looking for some kinda cheap reverb pedals. I make post-rock. Help a senpai please

We can meet up there but only if you are a female... or a really really cute trap, I work at Uganda High Comission

how cheap user? give us a budget to work with fatso.

>I don't understand how guitars work
Please, go read up on what makes up tonality. You won't regret learning and you won't look like an idiot.

It's true that i'm not very knowledgeable about guitar pickups and how electric guitars works, but i will tell you this - when it comes to what sounds good, there is a huge degree of subjective opinion on the matter. i do genuinely love the sound i get with my guitar on the v7 pickup. the S1 and V8 pickups though, i don't use them as much...

Also, if someone thinks im an "idiot" because i'm not knowledgeable on this subject, its his fault, not mine. no one is knowledgeable about literally everything.

any clones of the 78 IC big muff that dont cost a ton?

>if someone thinks im an "idiot" because i'm not knowledgeable on this subject, its his fault, not mine
And yet you're providing input on the matter.

>It's everyone else's fault that I don't know what I'm talking about

>expecting a tripfag to not be a cunt

First of all, the things i talked about are things i do know about, when i did not know things i just said i dont know them.

Second of all, you missed the entire point. not being knowledgeable on a specific subject does not make someone an idiot, since no one is knowledgeable with every subject that there is. if someone thinks someone is an idiot due to not being knowledgeable on one specific subject, he is the one who is faulty.