Are they really that good?

Just ordered them: 29,95 Euros.

Technical Specifications:

Type: Dynamic, Semi-Open
Driver: o50 mm, neodymium
Sensitivity: 98 dB SPL (1mW)
Frequency Response: 10-30,000 Hz
Maximum Power: 300 mW
Rated Impedance: 32 Ω (copper-coated aluminum wire)
Earpad: Leather
Cable: 2.5-meter (8.2 ft.) straight, single-sided
Connectors: Screw-on gold plated stereo mini plug
Net Weight: 276 g (9.75 oz)
Weight (without cable): 265g (9.3oz)

I imagine that headband will be so uncomfortable

"They're a bit tighter on the head than the original 681, but the large ear cups and self-adjusting headband fits comfortably for most. "

I use to and no. Headband is awful like the guy above said. They're decent but really good is stretching it far.
The glossy plastic makes it seem like a toy from a happy meal. It's not built bad at all but man it sure looks and feels cheap.

The included pleather and velour ear pads are terrible as well. Should have just bought the HD681 if you're looking at Superlux stuff as its usually a bit cheaper, and then buy some decent pads. It also doesn't have that awful skull bump headband and gloss look going for it. Generally speaking the most people agree that the 681 Evo's sound better than the original 681 though as they tone down the sibilance a bit. Could be fixed with some foam or an eq.

Hard to get something better for the money. Leather pads suck, the velours are nice. Eventually you'd need to replace the pads that cost half as much as the headphone itself. Sometimes mine will only have audio on one side, I'd need to flex the connecting bands to fix it

definitely get one of those clip on headband covers for this, the bumps are noticeable.

Also if it doesnt come with velours get some cheap chinese ones.

Be careful with the little dicky cable sticking out, it is easy to bend and sometimes cables that go to the passthough headband tear off with the solder. If that happens they are much harder to disassemble without damage than original 681-s, so be extra careful with the plastic because it breaks just as easily as cables tear. K

Thanks for the tips. Hoping to be blown away by the sound quality...

A friend has them, they're just... weak. Quarter of the sound just dissipates because they're open shit.
Get 662 Evos like me and modify them (theres a tutorial, MINUS the toilet paper). Compensate the 4k/8k treble with a bit of an equalizer.
Good accurate sound, works best on V shaped EQ.

>blown away
On what, realtek sound chip? Kek. Superlux headphones are your first gateway to sound cards, as in they can actually reproduce a difference between realtek and discrete cards.
If you want to be blown away, get a FiiO, schiit, or other cheapfag dac/amp.

>weak
You're supposed to use a DAC or soundcard with an amplifier for phones with high impedance.

If you just plug it into your mobo built in audio then you need some shitty 32ohm DJ phones

Go get yourself some dac or xonar dg

Superlux have no high impedance headphones. No, the 665 or 668s you see are a total lie, I also have the 665s and they are exactly as loud as my 662s at the same volume level on realtek and usb dac.

They are like 48-56Ohm or something and sensitivity is like 100db or less.
Thaths not super high 300 Ohm tier but way above plebeian regulal 32Ohm 116db and they sound way too quiet on Realtec audio

this tbph senpai

that's what i did with mine

How do you know, have you measured them?

>have an old broken Sennheiser that can sound loud enough if I wiggle a cable
>they sound comfy on 70% volume
>plug in superlux
>quiet on 100% volume
>buy a soundcard
>listen to juicy sound with well defined lows and highs at 15%

Friend's 681 were plugged into a rather large external amp and dac, definitely no problem there.
>15%
Seriously hope that's hardware-limited output, not software.

>Seriously hope that's hardware-limited output, not software.
No I mean that's the comfortable output that I chose to be comfy.

Yes, I am hoping you turned a knob instead of sliding the volume bar on the OS down.

Im talking about an internal soundcard that goes into PCI slot without any knobs on it.

Xonar DG (Or was it DX?) literally the cheapest card on the market and compared to a Realtec abomination it fucking rocks.

Disgusting, get a cheap volume control cable off ebay and stop neutering the sound output, leave that to 100%.

I use them every day and have absolutely no complains about them. Comfy!

When I upgrade I will probably buy a dac anyway.
They dont even make non-express PCI slots on mobos anymore.

Nigger

They're extremely comfy if you replace the stock pads with something better. I have M50x and qc35, but I still use the evo as my main desktop headphones at home

It doesnt look quality

Literally all volume control cables are the same. You can always grab a rotary volume encoder if you want.