*teleports behind mac*

>*teleports behind mac*

>*nothing personal kid*

Hard pass

>Browser OS.
Worse than a Mac, family.

At least Macs have a terminal

who the fuck thought glass on the top lid was a good idea?

PixelBook:
> Dual core i7
> iGPU
> doesn't run macOS or Windows

MacBook
> quad-core i7
> Radeon Pro 560
> runs macOS, Windows and any Linux distro fine

It is gentoo, you stupid fuck.

>$1000
>ChromeOS

Google needs to just give up on this meme. Just release Google Windows/GNU/Linux hardware.

And MacOS is Unix, yet it's shit.

Facebook machine vs Facebook machine
Who wins

fuck, that's ugly

its ubuntu built using portage

Here comes a new challenger

> chinkshit

implying any tech shit isnt chinkshit

kek even worse than macbook, seriously who the fuck buying this really?

>worse than macbook
Not even Acer trash is worse than a Macbook. You'd need to go down to $50 tablet tier to be worse than a macbook.

Inb4 google copies the Apple store like Microsoft did

Sorry kids. If all you do is copy Apple, you’ll be inferior to Apple. I’m happy to own the real thing.

Have you never heard of the Google Play store?

I mean the physical stores.

What is keeping Google from having ChromeOS be a real distro by having a "developer mode" option or some shit?

They'll probably do what Samsung did and just partner with Best Buy or something. Better yet they could buy out Best Buy for their distribution network.

>appleshit
Nice chinktrash knockoff kid.

>implying browser centric alt-mac toys for total hipsters aren't trash
Nice machine, shit ecosystem for the price.

nothing personnel bud

Sure, I'll definitely buy that Xiaomi with that long time 6.7kmAh battery!!

>1000 dollar chromebook

why would anyone pay that when you could just buy a regular laptop for less and install cub linux on it?

who is this semen demon

>fashion accessories

holy fuck when does this stop

宮脇咲良

80% percent of them are going to be used by google

>chromebook

Would rather use a docked phone

*unzips dick*

Hardware-level botnet

i'll help you out

>fakes exist
Based internet.

>chromebook
It's shit already.

link pls

Hard pass, Google hardware looks good but is actually trash.

It's going to use virtualization to run Windows and likely Windows. They're targeting the enterprise market with this.

Can confirm, my 6P shat out on me after about nine months (was used), and took the charging port and battery with it.

I have tried to, but failed to open it to replace the components, haven't bothered with a proper heat gun yet.

i wish system76 laptops didn't have such shit battery life

otherwise fuck every laptop on the market currently

At least yours stayed together, my 6 started ungluing itself.

>a fucking browser

>Google Pixelbook
>Glorified netbook
>Browser OS
>Most apps can only be used online
>Overpriced
kek.

I really don't understand the market for this.
Also, what is Google's obsession with that stupid glass window at the top of the device? They do the same thing on the Pixel phones.

>bastardized gentoo that only boots up chrome browser as a main os.

>What is keeping Google from having ChromeOS be a real distro by having a "developer mode" option or some shit?
They do.

it would be a decent device with another os but when i last checked on youtube i couldnt find anything where peoples put another os on their so i imagine it has a locked bootloader

kys

ChromeOS is based in Linux and Chromebooks can run Linux fine. You can even hot swap between Linux and ChromeOS.

that's what i do on my 150$ chromebook that looks perfect and can run either chrome os or arch linux. you just have to click 2 buttons and it switches to chromeos or vice versa without turning off so you can do stuff in both of them at the same time. people should educate themselves ab chrome os, i have arch installed but i use it only when i wanna play with it other parts i use chromeos.

>bastardized
But isn't building purpose-spesific minimal distros is the main purpose on Gentoo?

You can get me the shiniest laptop, if it runs a meme OS it won't beat a macbook pro

Yep, cause running furmark for 3 hours is the typical use case of a developer, right. That's why literally all google / amazon devs are using macbook pro right ?

Wait these dont have one ?

better wifi

arch arch arch or arch arm?

>overpriced garbage
Google is making shitty ripoffs of Apple devices and releasing them for the same price. Both Apple and Google are shit, but Apple's laptops are at least not useless.

This thing is going to be a platform for fuchsia

what I can see here is that apple makes everything better

You picked the one with the shit trackpont??

Legitimate question:

Is it remotely conceivable to try and develop via ChromeOS? I feel like you'd need to ssh into an actual computer to do anything.

you can do anything on it that can be done on any other linux. you just have to realize how to do it. i don't understand why do retards on this board hate chromebooks lmao

Walk me through installing and using intelliJ, then compiling and running java

Friend? You said I could do anything

i am not here to help anyone find it out yourself if you care that much

Gentoo's benefit is that it allows you to build a system for a very specific purpose. Unfortunately, the system on this laptop was built for the very specific purpose of being a locked-down OS that is basically just a web browser.

All recent intel computers have that.

not with that shitty keyboard and locked down bootloader

This

bad goyim!

gross

HAhahahaha
>No trackpoint buttons
>Reaches for delete
>Power's off

it's insanely easy, but this is Sup Forums so I won't tell you how to do it.

>chicklet keys
absolutely disgusting

that child obviously doesn't know how to properly fit a bathing suit

jewglefags BTFO

Im getting a work laptop soon and heavily considering a chromebook. So I can install Ubuntu and learn how to develop on it no problem, can i install a 256gb SSD? Run at 1080p or 1440p? Battery life 6 hours+?

yes, yes, yes

it does, you can run Linux in chroots

the macbook you get for pixelbook money is going to be a piece of shit dual core that gives up half its pathetic 8gb ram to the integrated gpu to make the retina meme work without crashing every couple days

for the price of a macbook pro worth having i could have a pixelbook and a decent desktop