So we're still using chrome right?

So we're still using chrome right?

What the fuck else are we going to use? It's either chrome, ff, or forks of those two. Take your pick, they're both pretty terrible.

user why are you retarded? You don't have your own browser?

Moved back to firefox last year.

Of course. Only faggots, idiots, and idiots that are faggots use Firefox.

Yes. Firefox is still a lot slower than Chrome for me, even after Quantum.

Ultimate goal is to use Brave, but Waterfox will suffice until Brave has proper addon support.

No.
Brave if you want Chrome-based
Waterfox if you want Firefox-based

netsurf, dillo, xlinks2 ... all have their own rendering engies with point and click user interfaces.
presto 12 code got leaked and gets regular patches
webkit based browsers are also an option: qupzilla is among the best.
if you're using Windows, edge is decent enough, but I'd recommend k-meleon as the best browser on that platform.

Yup

>Closed source botnet
Anyone that uses such faggotry doesn't belong on Sup Forums.

i use chromium, because chrome isnt in my repo.
Thankfully, Google sync works.
let's be honest, first 3 are unusable for modern browsing. presto getting worse every day simply because no one actually decided to update it.
he overlooked webkit though.

>Using proprietary closed source software as the gateway for anything you do online.
2/10, made me reply

Chrome is spyware from Google.

>Chrome is spyware from Google.
Firefox with integrated Google analytics is as well.

according to >if you're on linux, you can't use a Webkit browser that uses the Qt framework (as of Qt5, QtWebkit is deprecated in favor of QtWebEngine [a repurposed fork of the Blink engine]) and instead have to use a GTK framework Webkit browser
qupzilla uses QtWebEngine

I dropped Chrome around a decade ago, used Opera till recently when more and more sites started using ECC

>use a fork of the most complex userland software on their computer
>maintained by one person
>while even a billion-dollar company can't keep 0days from happening
>"for muh security"
How did these people not get drowned at birth, and why are they on Sup Forums ?

I use a Qt webview

Doesn't matter what browser you use, most websites these days have google analytics.

U can use whatever u like
No need to create dumb threads

But if they don't argue over the stupidest shit, what else can they do?

No, we're using Chromium.

Thoughts?

No, every fucking sane person has switched to Firefox Quantum.

Chinese botnet since a few years ago

I got nothing to hide, so i dont give a flying fuck if google "spies" on me.
Why do you desperately want to hide what you're doing, Sup Forums? Are you doing something...illegal perhaps??

I take a guess Emma is using Firefox.

What's the best non-botnet, not autistic browser beside iridium or ungoogled chromium?

define not autistic
Qutebrowser is pretty great but if that's too autistic for you just use firefox or a fork
The whole firefox-is-a-botnet thing is based on nothing

By not autistic I mean not too inconvenient to use. Which fork of firefox would you recommend?

No it's we?

Which is blocked with uMatrix
Also, IceCat blocks proprietary JavaScript by default.

Ye at least it isn't Google.

Fuck off NSA, you're not fooling anyone

comfy

YouTube on Chrome bsod my computer

Nope I abandoned chromium and moved to quantum on all machines. Well yes both are shit but quantum is more tolerable.

But it's Norwegian though

Not since they sold it a few years ago you dumb frogposter

Of course you think its terrible, you people hate every single peice of hardware and software that ever comes out. Hell, that goes for the entire site, you people hate everything unless politicians are trying to ban it.

Yep, they sold out to the Chinese.

that was just a reskin, fireshit isnt supposed to be fast its supposed to appeal to instagram users

youll really shit yourself when you discover Alt Right Amphibian to be a maymay from rebbid now owned by Cartoon Network

just use the normal firefox
but the whole internet is a botnet so whatever

does anyone have a chrome extension suggestions for websites with white background?
shit burns my eyes

No. Never.

A bit dated. But most of these polls always have shown Firefox in front.

>see weird IO from my secondary SSD
>software_reporter_tool.exe
>scanning my steam folder
>searches bring me to believe its chrome
What the fuck is this shit?

epiphany is a pretty good browser. it's pretty light and fast but it does try to copy safari's look

Dead but still the best

I'm too stupid to use multiple browsers then choose according to my own preferences because I'm an imbecile like OP.

I use ChroFox exclusively. I coded it myself with a potato.

I tried so hard to love Opera over firefox for my everyday almost-normie internet usage, even with the chinese spyware. But for me it had certain bugs that made it unusable like drop down menus in webpages not displaying, or web buttons not getting any clicks.

At windows I got back to firefox since the quantum thingy, in linux I went back to using chromium, because firefox has a nasty bug that nobody will ever fix and is years old, that's only reproducible in people that has 2 monitors and 2 nvidia cards in Xorg with xinerama, so it's like 0.1% of users.

I also tried Vivaldi in both win and lin flavors, it is still kinda buggy but I could see it replacing and/or competing with Opera in it's niche.

This is Sup Forums - Technology, not Sup Forums - Copyleft licenses. While FOSS licensed goods usually fall under technology, they're usually the worst version of the type, and this board isn't exclusive to the discussion of bad technology.

>cont'd
I know it's a thing from the Nvidia / Linux war. But I'm just a casuality in this war: Noveau open source drivers are still shit, so I have to use the closed source Nvidia drivers, meanwhile the open-source people refuse to fix firefox for this specific bug because it only happens with people using closed source drivers. Yeah, it's the old classic "fuck you" story from both sides. Probably I'll got told to "fix it" myself any soon, but I just installed chromium because it doesn't has that nasty bug.

Suffers from self-selection bias, but little more than the thread itself would.

>Brave if you want Chrome-based
No. Unless you're on mobile. If you want Chrome then you should build Chromium with the Inox patchsets, or just build Ungoogled Chromium (a bit behind).

>Waterfox if you want Firefox-based
Waterfox doesn't really offer anything special besides its compatibility with older add-ons. Everything in regards to privacy-protection that Waterfox does can be done in regular Firefox via about:config. Hell, Waterfox doesn't even go all the way - they leave in telemetry. Also, its purported optimizations towards 64-bit aren't really felt, if anything the browser runs more slow if you compare the two.

IceCat. May can't come soon enough. Qutebrowser is good too, but its lack of extension support can be annoying for those who enjoy the luxury of uBlock & uMatrix.

looks like the vsyncing for chrome has gotten better

Yeah sure, if you like Jose at Google watching you masturbate then use Chrome all you want.

but what does it all mean?

I need rock solid stability and the assurance that the dev won't include something dodgy in the code (hopefully a big company has too much to lose, I doubt a fork dev does).

botnet.

backdoored

No, I swapped back to Firefox after the Quantum update. All the extensions I used still work fine it doesn't chew through my RAM and CPU like Chrome did. There's also the fact that I'm not using a browser made by a literal advertising company, which is a pretty big plus for me.

post yfw when you realize 4channel is a government psyop XD

money is the best motivator for quality code

We either /iridium/ or /ffquantum/ now

Firefox actually looks better than Chrome right now. By comparison Chrome looks old and boring. The differences in functionality are not as big as they used to be. So soon it will make sense to switch to Firefox again.

LOL, no thanks

>money is the best motivator for botnet and spyware quality code

The best browser today. I haven't had compatibility issues, and it runs much smoother than Chrome. I don't k ow why it gets so little attention

Yes i'm still using it, now f*** off

speak for yourself nigger

post your desktop background here pls

w a t e r f o x

>google ultron
Isn't this just an urban legend? I mean, has the military really released this for public use?

NEVER AGAIN!

So pajeets churning out quality codes now?

Does Brave have whateverscriptmonkey yet?

Without a doubt.

????

Profit.

NIggerb

I prefer GNU IceCat. Feels great not to be spied on.

Doesn't feel great to be running on Firefox 52, though. Slow as balls.

moved to firefox a month ago its way way faster on both of my computers

try browsing facebook and scrolling new feed for 1 minute.
firefox is clearly faster

>facebook
Oh fuck off neo-Sup Forums.

It's a great test site given the shitload of scripts it's bogged down with

>Browsing facebook

Since everything is using webkit, I assume you can't get fuck out, until somebody releases better javascript renderer, which would not be hard with some "funding"

Maybe it would get into anotherscripti

How much ram you have downloaded?

Facebook got API, literally can scroll facebook forever in C.

Is Brave actually legit? No shady "we block ads but not really" deals?

yup using chrome because im not paranoid.. i guess botnet+apple shill/against , threads are the sad state of /g these days and not much tech discussion

Tracking or not Chrome's an utter shit browser.

Thoughts on Cyberfox? Snake oil or worth a look?

got it from /wg/ a few months ago

Yea but desu I only give a fuck about the users who could bother to respond to a simple poll anyway.

It's another pointless FF fork.