/prod/

>Production Resources: (Links, books, videos, articles, tutorials and stuff...)
pastebin.com/jew3GPCZ

>/prod/ IRC is up!
To join, you can go to rizon.net/chat
Choose a nickname, put #/prod/ as channel. Enter!
Or get a lightweight desktop client here: hexchat.github.io/downloads.html

Use clyp.it to post your tracks/WIP

NO SOUNDCLOUD LINKS

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=sfkz1L_djkY
clyp.it/dvqhajtb
clyp.it/01tomege
clyp.it/4zxdbmoi
clyp.it/2e0xp1ji
youtube.com/watch?v=dhLj24b9yGs
youtube.com/watch?v=fQkC6AkfPmo
youtube.com/watch?v=3qNKgtzEWCs
youtube.com/watch?v=cv4O7XL0d0w
youtube.com/watch?v=SEHySFyN4Jc
youtube.com/watch?v=toMvOFOgEjM
youtube.com/watch?v=dB4-uYqplXc
youtube.com/watch?v=xepdHwUvC3E
clyp.it/gmxr2mgq
youtu.be/kYKrch5oAgE
youtu.be/EAqB0iL1ZVI
youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

youtube.com/watch?v=sfkz1L_djkY
watching this gave me back motivation and will probably help me not to quit.
One of top ATC also

I can't get the cracked Reaktor to work on my Mac. Latest OS X.

Get this message when I try to drag instruments into the edit window: Error while reading Macintosh HD:Users:Shared:Reaktor Factory Library

Any ideas?

>mfw i see dat boi instead of le orange hate machine

how's this mix so far? i'm a little worried about the kicks

clyp.it/dvqhajtb

automate volume, dont sidechain

hereee come dat boi lol

o shit waddup!

herecum dat boi XDDDDDDDDDD

Any recs on software for Yamaha DX7s? Access to patch libraries and patch editors in one package would be ideal. Running OSX but could use windows if i had to.

o shit whaddup

O shit waddup

This is terrible advice. Sidechaining is perfectly fine when it's used correctly. Your mix just sounds off because you have conflicting frequencies and unnecessary frequencies. At 0:41 when that synth comes in it turns an ok song unlistenable. Brash, abrasive hi's flood the mix in a way they shouldn't. I like the energy behind the project, but it lacks in structure, the drums are pretty bad (snare is atrocious), your bass has no bass, and the white noise and sweeps are absolutely toxic.

In summary, you have something good and with a little more effort something very good. Keep messing around with layers and EQ to make the mix more desirable.

Fm7 from native instruments does the trick pretty well. I used to screw around with my Mk1 many years ago and they were perfectly syncronized via midi with all the banks and sounds cross transferable.

>mfw fags are triggered by my mane man trump

>automating volume to mimic sidechaining

Is he the god of Prod?

the really should

dont mimic sidechaining you dip. Sidechaining is just a thoughtless, lazy way to do volume control; limiting and careful microediting is the way to go

clyp.it/01tomege
Mixing tips?
Just starting to create dubstep and dubstep subgenres more seriously and I'm kinda going for that "epic anthem" style.
>over 9000 hours in ms paint

clyp.it/4zxdbmoi

It feels like its coming along nicely.
What do you think senpaitachi?
Is it interesting?

anybody have any good links to native instruments on os x that works with 10.11?

Hopkins is one of my few huge inspirations.

what

How is that snare "atrocious"? It's nothing special, but it goes nicely with the song

And as for that synth, I think the problem is more with overuse of phasing fx / some stereo effect, and perhaps a touch too much mid range energy

obviously this track needs to be mastered properly too, everything needs to be compressed and touched up in some way I'm sure

post a picture of the project in your DAW if you want us to help you further

and yes that noise is pretty annoying, needs to be much more focused and subtle

and also, sidechain the synth lead that comes in at :40 to your kick and snare a bit, it will allow the track to breathe a little more

no it's not it's a precise way to give rhythm to an element of your mix

How is it now? clyp.it/2e0xp1ji

thanks for the advice(s). i like the snare a lot so i'm keeping it, and yeah i need to tighten everything up and *really* need to replace the noises (i just whipped them up quick while i was writing it).

Is the sync lead really that bad? I cut some highs so it's probably better now.

god I love these videos
post more good against the clocks

why is ambient such a bitch to make? like i mean decent ambient not boring shit

dank meme
your clip is good quality alot better sounding than anything ive made so i cant really give you mixing tips

Sounds like its having trouble finding the individual module files in that directory. Have you checked that they're there?

unx is that you?

youtube.com/watch?v=dhLj24b9yGs
youtube.com/watch?v=3qNKgtzEWCs
youtube.com/watch?v=cv4O7XL0d0w
youtube.com/watch?v=SEHySFyN4Jc

>Sidechaining is just a thoughtless, lazy way to do volume control; limiting and careful microediting is the way to go
for fucks sake

jon hopkins isn't that special

best ones
youtube.com/watch?v=toMvOFOgEjM
youtube.com/watch?v=dB4-uYqplXc
youtube.com/watch?v=xepdHwUvC3E

always loved MNDSGN's video, just the vibes he has is fun to watch.
inspired me to get stoned off my ass and do the same thing

>dank meme
Thanks I worked really hard on it.
>your clip is good quality alot better sounding than anything ive made so i cant really give you mixing tips
Welp, I guess that's good then lol.

In the little steps between those anthem synths try out a more bass heavy synth fill, some modulation and automation on it. There's not that much low in this mix, at least that I could hear.

What native instruments? You know thats just a brand right?

>that sweater
>that mug
Comfy af.

Good idea.
I'll have a couple of verses of that and a couple of verses of the synths as they are now (ofc I'll change and rearrange the sounds etc).
Here's another dubstep thing I did last month clyp.it/gmxr2mgq
It's a bit "heavier".

Sounds pretty cool. Give the snare more mids, sounds too wooly next to that kick and you're good.

It's a bit better. Definitely tighter mix. I'm glad you at least are aware that the sounds need polishing. I would keep the underlying chords, they fit, but the lead still needs work. I almost feel like it should be another octave up it is less annoying now but it still just doesn't work.

Pretty good production but wow those chords are godawful. I mean jesus can you really not hear that they don't make any musical sense? Those slight theory mistakes turned a good start into novice garbage.

>Is it interesting?
You tell me Mr. Fouronthefloor

>limiting isn't lazy
fucking KEK

>sidechaining isn't precise
I rarely even have to use sidechaining in my work and I still know this is retarded. You can alter the ghost signal to be anything, automate every little parameter of the compressor/limiter/gate in use, and still do those said microedits if you really feel the need.

Give me ONE good reason that you are anti-sidechain other than that people tend to overuse it.

>like i mean decent ambient not boring shit

What the fuck did you just say? Who the fuck do you think you are you stupid cunt faggot?
are you some kind of ambient police?
how the fuck do YOU deicide which ambient is boring and which isnt. Get off your high horse.
I bet you're music is shit anyway.

Post your stuff please

Thanks.
I mixed this one on my dad's Rokit 5 G3's. Now that I have a pair of Yamaha HS7, I should mix it again.
Good point. I have a mean cold so my hearing is fucked up.
I'll redo the chords.

youtu.be/kYKrch5oAgE
>all of that gear
>all he does is a shitty beat with shitty samples

he only had 10 minutes

That's no excuse to use shitty samples and a bass that's way too prominent in the mix.

i wouldnt have a kick drum after 10 min

thats the whole point of this thing from what i can tell is to just get something done quickly and commit to it

holy shit is this how producers work?
its just random shit. no thought whatsoever.

dont you people have anything to tell with your music? no wonder its shit desu senpai

nah

it's all about aesthetics and streetwear brands now.

Y O U T U B E V I D E O S

evens: make a new song
odd: order pizza and cry in bath tub
0: both

rollin

We have a winner, hope you're using a laptop

Fuck that, it's 2am.
I'll eat the rest of my popcorn and cry in my bed instead.

tfw no money for pizza atleast i have a reason to cry

>dont you people have anything to tell with your music
it's just music, that's how i look at it
i'm not so pretentious , i don't really have a message for people
this is also exactly how i listen to music, it's all about the sonic and harmonic quality for me

this

are there really people out there that put on a song because they want to hear the statement it makes more than they want to hear the actual sounds?

O SHIT WADDUP!!!

I have a tascam midistudio but I want to start using DAWs instead. This is probably a stupid question but would there be any way to sync the mixer via midi to the DAW so I could use it to control the mixes in the actual daw or nah??

I still want to use it but I'm not sure if I can only use it as a separate mixer or if I can still use it for recording

If I can't get it to work, what are some good interface mixers that'd work with FL studio, reaper, and/or ableton?

Anyone got any experience with the free Softube bundle? Downloading it now, any thoughts on the Saturation Knob?

They have one in my college and my teacher used it with reaper and found tons of "ReaBanks" online

not dyin'

If I use the free version of FL Studio 12, but with VSTs other than the included ones, will I be able load my songs?

probably not, just find a crack m8

if you mean the demo version i dont think you can save and load at all

>it's just music

One shouldn’t do that: music is the product of the highest human intelligence, and of the best senses, the listening senses and of imagination and intuition.

And as soon as it becomes just a means for ambiance, as we say, environment, or for being used for certain purposes, then music becomes a whore, and one should not allow that really; one should not serve any existing demands or in particular not commercial values. That would be terrible: that is selling out the music.
>are there really people out there that put on a song because they want to hear the statement it makes more than they want to hear the actual sounds

Sometimes I just write whole chapters of nonsensical sentences because I just want to see words I like.

Sup /prod/brahs. Tried something new today with a recording. I'm thinking it's gonna be my new format moving ahead.

I put the waveform/spectrogram as the video, so you can jog and scrub the play bar to the exact event you see. It's tricky getting the pic to really line-up perfectly but it's still better than a pan-scan pic or just black. Opinions/yay/nay?

youtu.be/EAqB0iL1ZVI

I like this user's ideas

is bitwig a good choice of DAW for linux?

its the best choice for linux imo

o shit waddup!

n-nothin'. waddup with you user?

do you have experience with it? whats the learning curve?

not really i only demoed for the 30 days but it felt like using ableton to me which is pretty easy to use

ive only got experience using FL studio. are there any major problems with it you found or is it a solid daw?

well its alot newer than other daws so im sure there are more bugs than older softwares and i didnt really see anything that stood out to me

bitwig is the only daw that nativley supports linux that isnt some shit like lmms or ardour

there's cracks for 12 all over the fucking internet you idiot

you could just find a torrent. but if i were you i would learn ableton instead

>linux claims to be superior
>users have to bend over backwards to run basic programs
penguinfags BTFO

(You)

so yesterday we got Sup Forums and today we get Sup Forums. Any chance we can get a chill board like /k/ instead of this shit?

there are no good digital drum synthesis options... i want a fucking tempest so bad

How do these new cloud rap producers get rid of the instrumentals of old memphis rap songs?
I tried on Ableton while watching a YT Tutorial on turning any song into acapella using the M/S (?) option in EQ 8
, but I could still clearly hear the drums and instrumental
Any tips on turning a song into acapella?

Haven't heard of that method but have you tried the phase-flip with an instrumental?

12 is shit, use 11

when making a melodic EDM drop (this for example youtube.com/watch?v=jGow4nmYkkA ) do i just have the bass be the same as the chords or what? do keep the same notes as the chords but use the rhythm of the melody?

Usually you'll use the root notes of the chords with a different rhythm, usually closer to the kick. It varies however.

Hell yeah, I didn't know there were other /k/ommandos here

Hey there /k/omrade, where from? What sorta /prod/?

That state where those sperglords shot the blm protestors.

Mostly chamber works and recording bands, but I also like to do house sets at parties.

>youre a sperglord if you shoot chimp lives matter protestors

uhh

I meant for spouting memes. Also, I thought you were the guy whining about Sup Forums and I didn't feel like spending my hangover watching another shitstor, otherwise I was going to replace protestors with dindus.

I'm not the guy you responded to initially :^)

I still have the star tribune article with the saigamarine quote clipped up somewhere.

Dexed my dudette

>Sometimes I just write whole chapters of nonsensical sentences because I just want to see words I like.
this might be a valid comparison if words didn't have actual meanings