Perturbator's new album just came out today, thoughts?

Perturbator's new album just came out today, thoughts?
Also /synthwave/ thread

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=perturbator the uncanny valley
youtube.com/watch?v=BP1C-W8A69s
blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/the-uncanny-valley-bonus
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I think it's good what majority doesn't care about it.
Feels special huh

DL link when

>thoughts?
I'm wondering how people can still be excited to hear more of this lame, repetitive garbage

When you figure out how to read the sticky

>lame, repetitive garbage
Precisely why this album is worthy of discussion, it tries to drift away from the cliches of synthwave. He experiments with metal a lot more on this one.

holy fucking fuck, one song i already love it!

Funny you should say that cause many people were apprehensive about this album for this exact reason.

But it manages to update synthwave by bringing in new influences without betraying its sound and aesthetics.

lmgtfy.com/?q=perturbator the uncanny valley

ON HIS FUCKING BANDCAMP

On his Bandcamp, also it's buy at your own price. Alternatively the album is available on his labels Youtube page.

That album cover looks really half-assed tho. Like this is some Deviantart-tier shit you'd commission for 40$ at most.

NYOP senpai

Weakest perturbator release so far

W R O N G

More like best Perturbater release so far

Not as repetitive as his other stuff

>mfw the 2:30 mark on Assault

What?
That's not yfw

THAT is yfw

The Highway Superstar track is repetitive, the disco track had too much going on, and Greta Link's vocals ruin Venger.

I still like some tracks on it but overall it has the most tracks from a Perturbator release I dislike.

Honestly I didn't have high hopes at all for this album. Figured it was about time for him to stumble. Shit was I wrong.

Really? I love that guys artwork.

I was in his AMA thread last year and suggested him to put some old-school EBM influences in some of his tracks.

I'm happy to see that he did use some of Front 242's sounds.

Normally he does tight artworks but this one just looks super rushed and uninspired compared to his other stuff.

Same here. "Sentient" is pretty weak and when it was released as a teaser I was expecting him to end up doing a parody of his own style, turned out it was the opposite.

I love the raised arms and buildings, very vampire. Looking at it closely, the background seems rendered differently. Like the character has his sketchy look but the background is pristine aside from the effects.

I usually enjoy synthwave (survive, le matos etc) but perturbator never really did it for me, his stuff just sounds too brash

I like the cover a lot, but I think some of the problem is that the chick is suppose to look off in the face for the whole "Uncanny Valley" shtick, but that kind of hard to portray when it's already super stylized

well she does look off not in a "ah, I see, this guy is really good at drawing off-looking chicks" way but in a "this guy really didn't bother" way.

B O L D
and
B R A S H

>posting the censored cover

hey, he was being serious and wasn't memeing, get him!

I want Sup Forums to leave

Last one got deleted by mods.

youtube.com/watch?v=BP1C-W8A69s

Favorite tracks?

Shit I don't know.
Those I like the LEAST are Sentient and the Venger.

Fuckin' mods, they'll let cancer threads stay up for days and then delete a real thread because the artwork has tits

Woah this actually sounds really good. Perturbator might finally be a legitimate competitor for carpenter brut

Looks cool. Where do I start with pertubator?

The album art sucks, and album art was all Perturbator had going for him.

pertubatorâ„¢ is an incredible artist, his amazing music is currently available to purchase and download through bandcamp and itunes, I highly recommend you do so today!

I highly suggest you purchase all of his wonderful albums for the low price of $9.99 and enjoy this 80's inspired synthwave derived red lined ferrari testarosa of music today!

Im the Night
Yep.

Almost forgot, the bonus songs are also available for free.

blood-music.bandcamp.com/album/the-uncanny-valley-bonus

Boring.

So /synth/ who's the better one, Pertubator or Carpenter Brutt?

Listening to it now, pretty good so far but I'm only 2 tracks in.
I started out with Dangerous Days. I don't really dig his work before then. This one seems to continue his Dangerous Days sound.

shit...

Imma have to say John Carpenter

Terror 404 is kinda weak compared to his later output, BUT it has Linnea Quigley Horror Workout on it and that's neat.

She Moves Like A Knife, Assault, Cult of 2112, Neo Tokyo.

Venger I liked, but I'm on the same boat in not liking Sentient. Really didn't like the video either.

Carpenter Brut for sure

Perturbator is better when it comes to stories/concept albums but Brut is better technically, also his songs are more catchy