Install TDE

>install TDE
>UI isn't fucked up yet for the sake of mobile devices
>buttons don't look like the text, buttons look like buttons
>desktop is still desktop
Why modern programs insist on being such mobile-y trash?

>UI isn't fucked up
It looks like a toy and not even a consistent one. Also, all those huge buttons. Are they for blind people or touch devices?
>modern programs
Like?

>It looks like a toy
You can change to whatever pleases you. It was easier since programs shared one paradigm.
>Are they for blind people or touch devices?
Why should I care about touch devices? Make me an option to choose if I run touch device or not.
Blind people gonna have some TTS-backed soft, I think.
>Like?
Like pick most of recent software, it's going to look like it's made for mobile.

Modern KDE isn't bad either.

>it's another 15-year-old fetishising the 90s thread

Boring.

KDE3 isn't 90s

OK
>it's another 15-year-old fetishising 90s design paradigms thread

Boring.

I've run TDE on both my laptop and my desktop for one month now, because KDE5 does nothing but crash for me and both GNOME 3 and GNOME 2 are unstable as fuck (if GNOME crashes, it takes down your whole session with it). Unity isn't much better either. So KDE 3 it is. Works pretty flawlessly, aside from the "old design", I have really not much to argue about. Even the clock is positioned correctly, which is exceptional for KDE.

The only thing I miss is splitting windows in half by grabbing the window and moving the mouse to the edge of the screen. TDE can't do this. But aside from that, there's not much to complain about, it "just works" and I don't give much on asthetics, more on stability.

>Install XFCE 3.8.18
>Works on freaking Penium 2s
>No ram usage
>Doesn't look like a toy
>Configurable

Why TDE is unstable shit?

Breeze is an example of flat badly done.

>It looks like a toy
Wat. Going by OP's picture I can understand if you think it's UGLY, but that certainly doesn't look like something designed to entertain children.

Remember, if it's not flatshit (((material design))), it's automatically inferior!

TDE is cool, use it too.

Material Design is actually flatshit done right. It clearly separates different parts of the UI by structuring it into a 2.5D space with shadows and different colours.
That's in stark contrast to what Microsoft has done with their Metro/Modern/Whatever-is-Win10 UI where everything is unstructured and blends together.

Okay that looks acceptable.

>pick most of recent software
I don't even understand what you mean "made for mobile." My web browser, office suite, text/image/video/audio/subtitles editors, etc will be unusable on phones. Only desktop environments such as Unity, Gnome, KDE have tried to become touch-friendly but the rest of Linux software doesn't give a fuck.

Suru icon theme is flatshit done right.

You forgot
>works perfectly on modern distros with repos for all the popular ones

Your web browser, office suite, text/image/video/audio/subtitles editors probably don't belong to recent software, though your broweser might have some influence from touch interfaces - hamburger menu.

Then which are those so called recent software?!

1-2 years old since the first version

Flatshit can't be right.

thanks, but come back when your DE isn't a windows or macos clone

>implying DE being windows or macos close is a bad thing

Does XFCE 3 get support?

tde looks way too much like xp/vista ie the shittiest era of windows.
at least the new versions look more like a blend of vista/7 though desu its still horrendously dated.
GNOME is finally bringing us into the 21st certury

>further implying windows 7+ aren't KDE-clones.

You can make it look like Win9x.

or os x

KDE doesn't have ads in its Start menu

>flat is only good when there are subtle gradients
And what was old is new again.

It doesn't need support.

>3.8.18
Maybe we need to fork this version?

Now install the KDE2 icons
tdeartwork