Sup Forums help me, you're my only hope

Sup Forums help me, you're my only hope
/r/vinyl is a cancerous hell hole and i need some suggestions about turntables.

Ok so, i have an Ion TTUSB - Yeah i know it's not God-tier, but i got it for free and it's, aside from shit aesthetics, works well.

But it's time for an upgrade - the music plays at a slightly higher speed, and really just don't like the aesthetics.

Right now - debating on either getting a belt replacement or spending more and getting the PL990 or equivilant price range Audio Technica *Taking recommendations too*

What do you think, is it bad to keep having the TTUSB - as a guy with 2, soon to be 6 by the end of the summer, records, is it worth getting a better turntable.

(if it matters - i don't care about USB - i got the USB from my uncle after he didn't want it any more - ripped the vinyls and was done - i replaced the needle and it was good)

Also why are belts for this thing so much - ebay has them for 15 (Shipping Included) part of me's like for a hunnit-fiddy more - would i be better off with a new, more better TT

Thoughts? Sorry for my rambling

- b u m p -

personally I would say your best choice would be to get a used turntable from the 70's, check craigslist and whatnot

Best case scenario is a cool vintage used thing off craiglist or whatever.

Only get an Audio Technica if it's the LP120.

I have an LP 60 it's pretty good.

I bought the Audio Technica 1240 like a month or so ago. Its not a bad turntable. I got it for $350. $400 after buying the cartridge. It has a few features built in for DJ's that I don't use. Check that out or you could go to yard sales and flea markets till you find one.

Actually I have an AT PL 50

I use this for my 78s.

Get a Technics SL-MA1 if you can. It feels like the future, even though it is 40 years old.

thats sexy as hell

I got the LP120 and its dope. Reasonably priced too.

jesus christ
confirmed for lp 120
no?

It's widely regarded as the best new turntable.

Haha, by who

>widely regarded

This isn't true, but the LP120 is an awesome entry-level turntable. I have one and I enjoy it a lot. Plus, you can upgrade it and pull better sound out if you want. But it does well stock too.

Eh.....not really. I own the LP120. It's regarded as the best budget turntable for beginners. It's essentially a knockoff of the iconic Technics SL1200.
The Project Debut Carbon is better than the LP120.

um, no its not, its entry level, good for the price

had the lp120 for a while now, I only got it because it was cheap and an easy set up with some powered speakers. It is however pretty solid sounding and my only gripe with it is that the motor can be weak at some times

anyone have suggestions for a not too expensive upgrade for the lp120 cartridge? its called the ae-90 I think

>not too expensive
just get an audio-technica cart, they're pretty cheap and pretty good quality