>lots of interferences, signal keeps oscillating
>"""""""""penetrate walls"""""""""""
>be a pleb and buy a 10$ router, instead
>signal is great and stable
i dont understand

Other urls found in this thread:

github.com/infinitnet/lede-ar71xx-optimized-archer-c7-v2
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>Not just buying a cheap TL-WR1043ND gigabit router and shoving open wrt or ddwrt in it instead.
It literally has all you need.

wifi is black magic, when something is wrong troubleshooting it is incredibly difficult. All you can really do is recommend more antennas, more ram, more cpu and stronger signal

I have a suspicion its always the firmware so to me this is the strongest consideration. Either top-not manufacturer firmware or VERY OLD and WELL TESTED dd-wrt, since new builds for new routers are even worse than stock, usually.

Just get a unifi wireless ap?

>gee this router looks good. i mean, its expensive so it must be good
>gee this router looks bad. i mean its cheap so it must be bad.

I wonder why your purchases suck.

ALWAYS do your research before buying anything.
What you want is the product with the best balance between performance (function, quality, repairability, power) and certain amount of value for said performance.

Wifi is a two way street, if you buy a brand new top of the line router for your 10 year old laptop, it's gonna be terrible.

>not using a well tested tomato/wrt friendly router
step into the light friend.

I get over 400mbps throughput using a 2x2 access point that cost under $60 on sale.

Wifi just needs to be configured properly for the environment it's deployed in, that's usually where people fuck up.

Don't dump money on something when you don't know what about it justifies its cost.

The general rule with radio signals is that higher bandwidth means less range and more susceptibility to interference, while lower bandwidth has more range and doesn't give a fuck about anything. The fastest type of wifi right now can't even make it through a wall.

What's a good router that supports ADSL/VDSL and has 4ghz wifi?

>4ghz wifi

Did you mean 5ghz?

I know ubiquiti has some odd wifi products, ranging from 900mhz, 2.4ghz, 3ghz, 5ghz, 11ghz, and 24ghz.

But never seen 4ghz

wifi is a meme
unless you need it for phones, ethernet cables are the better solution always, unless there's some retarded chink design flaw that introduces latency to ethernet, like in some old pirelli routers that came with alice in italy.

>wifi

phoneposters pls go

Are there any well tested DDWRT routers that are dual band? Looking to replace my Linksys E900

> [use standalone AP]
/thread

$300 all-in-one routers are the absolute biggest sign of a tech pleb

>tfw just bought one.
better than my asus n12d1.

>ddwrt
>openwrt
>not LibreCMC
user, you're retarded

I don't want to sit in bed with my laptop being cozy while having a mile long ethernet cable plugged in

not like you could even have that option with most laptops these days

whats with the cheap routers that have 100m wired connection but advertise 300m or more wireless speed?

They stopped having Ethernet ports?

the shitty ones did

That's unfortunate. I'm not into cheap ones though I prefer to buy one that'll last me around 4 years. Plus I like to plug in ethernet if I'm gonna play games occasionally

they are the only routers available outside usa

How do I get the promised 300mbps with 802.11n and having neighbors?
Fucking router won't use 40mhz even when I tell it, even on LEDE.
Fucking pos runs like ass, getting 30mbps on a 200mbps connection.
FUCK.

by not buying the fake n routers. anything under $100 is fake

you wont with 802.11N

300mbps is the link speed, RX and TX together, actual throughput is going to be half that, at BEST.

Upgrade to a 2x2 802.11AC or similar for 300mbps+

pic related, my 802.11AC 2x2 access point

Ac88u? I have one, the 2.4ghz is fuckin trash, damn near unusable. Sent Asus logs about it, they called it broken, sent in for rma. 3 weeks later I get it back with no changes, and big sticker that says "bad". Ask what the fuck the deal is, Asus says it's the expected performance. Fucking Asus quality as always. Lan to lan and lan to wan are barely acceptable as well.

My r7000 w ddwrt Kong branch acts as main access point now, the 2.4 on that slick mother fucker is the best 2.4 I've ever seen. Never seen a device that couldn't hit it's peak speed on it.

The actual ac88u machine itself is fairly powerful, and the 5ghz is honestly really good, better than my r7000. I use it as my router with the 5ghz enabled, 2.4 disabled. Ddwrt bs realase from late December seems to be the last fully working build for it.

First post, checked post
I've had two wr1043nd for 7 years and they are still rocking

is the linksys wrt1200 good value?

Then get a cheap one you can flash ddwrt onto and get a wireless ap

Archer c7 v2 + github.com/infinitnet/lede-ar71xx-optimized-archer-c7-v2

just diy a port next to your headboard

Op that high end router probably defaulted to 80mhz wide channels. This results in high speeds when close to the router but range will be shit and it’ll be way more susceptible to interference. Smaller channel width = better range less interference, but lower bandwidth.

Also do a wireless survey to find the unused channels around you.

No dual band.

>buy Archer c7
>"just werkz" full year on stock firmware without reboot
>install openwrt out of curiosity, go for another year of uptime
>install specialized lede build and setup sqm and router adblocking
>select perfect channels, fastest DNS servers, use lowest possible wifi transmit power that my wifi still reaches my toilet with
>everything is super responsive, even my guests comment how fast my wifi is even though I have a poorfag connection
>will leave it like this for another year

Rather have no cable at all

I get 300-500mbps on my 5ghz 802.11ac network. git gud faggots

see
with a 3xx3 or 4x4 client device and access point setup, getting 700-1000mbps+ is possible with relative ease.