Stumped by a simple question

What is the name of the wires that connect to pic related? My ASUS gl502vt hinges broke and tore one of the little wires in half.

Other urls found in this thread:

s.aliexpress.com/r6vIvUfA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

These wires in the bottom right are the ones in question

>>>/sqt/ (stupid questions thread)

Seems to be Wi-Fi antennae.

The black one to be specific

Sorry bro but I already made this thread. I'll post there next time I have low level question like this. |

It's the antenna.
You can probably buy a new one.

Its also likely to get by on just one, usually the dual connectors on these are for redundancy. My phone has one internal and one port visible when the cover is off. You'll know if you need both when you see your wireless strength.

do you know if this is a standard piece or will I need one specific for my laptop model?

ah that's alright, just saying.
But I don't think it really matters how these are set up, might as well get broken laptop from ebay/craigslist/local shop/whatever and break out the antenna.

laptops generally have the antenna running along the edge of the display, replacing it sometimes means removing the screen.

All depends on the laptop

Looks like these might be what I need. Thanks fellas. I'm going to start by canabalizing one of my older asus laptops to see if there is something in there i can use.

ok, good luck then

It's a standard connector, ufl I'm guessing but you should measure.
s.aliexpress.com/r6vIvUfA
This proclaims to be original (note, you can select the antenna separately). Takes forever to ship from China though.
I'm sure most antenna would work fine. This one doesn't look particularly good.

The replacement can be tricky though. You'd have to disassemble the screen. Wild idea but maybe you could solder it together again if it's just ripped off.

go on amazon an look for sma wifi cable

you'll get more specific results if you add the "pigtail" keyword

this user's sma-rp kek

I was gonna try that but it looks like it's a two part wire.

sma pig tail I think

SMA is threaded, fool. that's probably IPEX/IPX/U.fl

It's a coax cable that feeds the antenna. It's not antenna itself. Don't try to buy a generic cable, you'll have it too long or too short, buy a part specifically for your laptop.

>i'm too retarded to know what MIMO is

Just add some stereo wire between the broken cable, twist and tape and job done

>SWR = smoke wafting ratio

H.Fl connector (probably)

You should check the manufacturer's part numbers.

U.FL antenna.

QUADS