I fucking hate printers

I fucking hate printers

Other urls found in this thread:

developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

can relate

I'm honestly more impressed that Fax Machines are still a thing filling up whole rows of store shelves in 2018.

Who doesn't, user. Who doesn't.

well I hate you too.

Get a laser, so much faster, toner cheaper, and doesn't run out as fast as memejet.

I hate printer drivers

Inkjets are alright but laser printing is obviously superior

>tfw printer technology will never improve
HATE IT

Linux, everybody
On a more serious note I like linux more than windows but its shit with every printer Ive tried

Use HP printers for linux.
developers.hp.com/hp-linux-imaging-and-printing

3D printing is bretty gud
Can print a asshole

Why is ink still more expensive than human blood

echo 'samsung printer just werks for me on linux' | lp

Have you even tried doing it yourself? It's an absolute bitch to tune properly. My friend's printer was taking 5 times longer to print something than it should be because he set up the acceleration wrong. Also constant problems with the adhesion. And that's just what I recall, he could probably go on and on.

In germany you can't send contract papers via email. Though via fax it's allowed problem. That's one of the big reasons its still around here, I guess

I fucking hate people

Just use e-fax

We've got a beast of an all in one at work, I quite like it. It's only broken once since I worked there and it was a pretty easy fix. I could listen to it scan double sided all day.

I bought a cheap printer for printing off assignments and stuff since my old 3-in-one broke. It broadcasts its own wireless network which you can't disable, and in order to change the default password you need to install their bloatware. I just turn it off until I need to use it. If I start a print job then turn on the printer, it won't print, it needs about 2 minutes to "boot up" THEN I have to restart the job.

I hate it so much.

>a thing
>a thing
>a thing
will you shut the fuck up. People so goddamn eager to say something is "a thing" (wow I do the meme too! xD) your post makes more sense if you remove it. Try it and see fuckhead.

Woha bro chill tf out. I did not realise until now, that people like you are still a thing.

The multi-function printer we have at my company's main office is a fucking pain in the ass. I'd throw it out of the window if I were allowed.

desu I've had a more "jus' werks" experience with printers on Linux than I've ever had on Windows, where any printer driver is accompanied with dickloads of bloat that crashes way too much

the thing about fax that legal people like is that it's synchronous, unlike email
that is, fax is just like a phone call. the sender fax calls the receiver fax, the receiver fax answers, they establish a data connection over the voice line, and data is scanned/sent/printed
unlike with email, you can be certain the receiver received your fax, since the receiver needs to be available to send anything in the first place

Agree.

I do tech support at my work as kind of an extra, not solely tech support.

Holy fuck the printers are annoying though. The drivers suck and things seem to stop working whenever it wants, normally when it's most important that they continue working.

Right? Last time ours died was in the middle of printing a 1800 page mail merge the boss wanted printed and posted the same day. I've never lost it at work but I came damn close that day.

the majority of fax machines in use today operate exactly like en email and over the internet

it's incredibly insecure

fax over the internet is pointless

got a cheap brother scanner/printer last week. installed near effortlessly, everything works. on fucking linux no less. very happy. /blog

I agree my Brother printer never gives me any trouble and it just works unlike all the old epson and hp printers I used to have

WOO

On the contrary, if you need to send/recieve faxes (to deal with companies stuck in the fucking stone age), they're better than getting a landline and buying a damn machine.

Im in industrial sector and everything is sent over fax, I hate it would rather do all this shit over mail. But then its still faster to fax than to scan and send an email so its okay sometimes.

I love them. Specially daisy wheel and dot matrix ones.
Laser printers are favorite for everyday use though.

>Good
>Reliable
>Colour

pick two

You can just use the generic postscript drivers

na, i've had far less trouble with printers on linux than windows
even the first time i tried linux back in 2004, i plugged in my old parallel printer and it was detected and could be printer from in seconds, while for windows that printer didn't even have XP drivers available for it

Once you get that shit tuned in it's fine. Also hairspray is the key to good bed adhesion.

>his company doesn't use comdoc
somehow even with their help printers are pure cancer

I haven't changed printers for 8 years so I guess I can't say I have that much experience, but my Brother HL-2170W has worked great all along with Ubuntu.

racist.

I've owned a second-hand Canon network laser printer for 8 years now, never had a single problem.

why there is not an "apple" for printers?? a company that just makes 2\3 models and perfect them until they are good?, every year new iteration with better support and stuff

Well, you kind of have a point, but printers already have a super long lifetime if you buy a decent one to start with.

Define "decent one"

Get a brother b&w laser and epson ecotank for color

Pretty much any Brother workgroup mono laser.

Printers are beautiful. If they print money ;)

Samsung has lunix drivers, at least for my M2070W they do.

>people like this are a thing in Sup Forums