Linux = Cancer and I can prove it

Let's see...

>It has less functionality that Windows or even Mac
>It can break just by installing or uninstalling software
>Everything needs to be done manually, you better remember to have those drivers up to date mate, but it really doesn't matter, you can't play anything that takes advantage of your next gen cpu and gpu regardless
>The community will literally tell you to switch distros every time there's a problem, and trust me, there will be some problems, they are bound to happen, and ignore completely your question, they rather install everything from scratch that fix something, that's how little they really care for their system.
>There's no market for it, that's why nobody makes good software or games for it, everyone who uses it is a dirty communist that pirates everything.
>Filled with hackers and pirates.
>Their users are literally a sect, they will try their best to convert you and make you believe a system with less stuff is better.
>You can literally do everything it has to offer on Windows, for free even, so stop lying to yourself and everybody else.
Why do you buy new cpus and gpus for it!!?? A pentium 4 is just as fast! Stop wasting your components with a system that will never use them!

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/windows-error-reporting
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Apple is gay.

>MUH GAYYUUMS

This the weakest shitpost I’ve ever seen.

Microsoft is getting increasingly nervous.

I hope you'll enjoy your first day on Sup Forums

Oi vey Goyim! STOP installing that open source operating system. It is far more productive to chance our endless updates waiting for the inevitable day we corrupt your install. Then you can rebuild the whole system once again because, lets face it, if you don't it is only gonna get slower and slower and slower and slower.... Oh look at your slow hardware better buy a new pc!

second worst shitpost in this thread

Die, fucking microkikes

at least you tried

Prove it
delete system32
>Everything needs to be done manually, you better remember to have those drivers up to date mate, but it really doesn't matter, you can't play anything that takes advantage of your next gen cpu and gpu regardless
Yes, clicking "apply" on a update manager is more manual than googling manufacturer's support page, choosing a device, looking for a right update, dowmloading and running it.
>The community will literally tell you to switch distros every time there's a problem, and trust me, there will be some problems, they are bound to happen, and ignore completely your question, they rather install everything from scratch that fix something, that's how little they really care for their system.
Reinstalling linux is not a pain in the ass like windows. They (at least should) separate user data and system data. If I were to change distro I only need a burned iso, all of my data will be untouched.
>There's no market for it, that's why nobody makes good software or games for it, everyone who uses it is a dirty communist that pirates everything.
It has no marlet != there is no market
>Filled with hackers and pirates.
First of all, proof? Second of all, so? Windows is full of complete retards and mac pretentious faggots.
>Their users are literally a sect, they will try their best to convert you and make you believe a system with less stuff is better.
I see you're new to this whole "different opinions" thing.
>You can literally do everything it has to offer on Windows, for free even, so stop lying to yourself and everybody else.
>you can do something for free on a system that is paid
Oh, and no you can't.
>Why do you buy new cpus and gpus for it!!?? A pentium 4 is just as fast! Stop wasting your components with a system that will never use them!
What?

Nigger please.
Before windows 10 I didn't even know what Linux was. I knew nothing about computers. Now thanks to Windows 10 I am a Linux cultist, half mad, dribbling at the mouth, constantly muttering about libraries and update files. I used to be a van driver, happily roaming th cuntry without a care. Now i work in IT support, and it is all the balmae of windows 10. It has driven me to the brink of madness. I now know more about computers than I had ever hoped to. Not to mention the blossoming psychosis. Windows 10 did all this to me. I didn't even like anime. Now my steam daily recommended titles only features tiny titted 3d waifus. I only came here to voice my discontent, but 1000 winshills descended from the rafters to bitch at me. Now this is the only webpage I browse, linked direct to my newsfeed in place of the BBC. Windows 10 did all this to me and more. Does that sound like a good operating system to you? Dog rammit I miss XP.

>Prove it
Office
>delete system32
It won't let me and I need to be really stupid to do that, won't happen accidentally as uninstalling some random shit
>Yes, clicking "apply" on a update manager is more manual than googling manufacturer's support page, choosing a device, looking for a right update, dowmloading and running it.
Cause computer only have two drivers right?
>Reinstalling linux is not a pain in the ass like windows. They (at least should) separate user data and system data. If I were to change distro I only need a burned iso, all of my data will be untouched.
So you are not defending the fact that the community is shit and won't help you will your problems at all? Also, what is windows folder?
>It has no marlet != there is no market
Not an argument
>First of all, proof? Second of all, so? Windows is full of complete retards and mac pretentious faggots.
And linux has both.
>I see you're new to this whole "different opinions" thing.
Go to any thread that request help, I guarantee you will find a "install linux" comment somewhere ignoring completely the problem.
>you can do something for free on a system that is paid.
Yes, and you can pirate windows as you love pirating linux apps

OP, I got your back. The absolute worst and stupid thing about Linux is their state of denial.

They eat that "open source = secure and impenetrable because audited" bullshit and then as soon as exploits are announced, They enough backtracking to make you go bonkers.

With Windows we admit there are flaws and don't pretend if it was open source it would be any better. I guess because we're not retarded tho.

/thread?

Did you earned your daily curry ration today, Rajesh?
saged.

>Let's see...
>>It has less functionality that Windows or even Mac

Wrong. Office runs on wine. Can run any old program on dos box. Try to run a good firewall on windows like iptables. Pro tip: you can't.

>>It can break just by installing or uninstalling software

Wrong again. Malware works better in an OS Full of retards like windows, we stop them really fast on Linux.

>>Everything needs to be done manually, you better remember to have those drivers up to date mate, but it really doesn't matter, you can't play anything that takes advantage of your next gen cpu and gpu regardless

No problem on doing things manually if you're not a moron. Enjoy losing all your work when windows install forced updates who breaks your machine. I have proofs on this.

>>The community will literally tell you to switch distros every time there's a problem, and trust me, there will be some problems, they are bound to happen, and ignore completely your question, they rather install everything from scratch that fix something, that's how little they really care for their system.

You only switch distros until you find one who suits your needs. After that you'll only switch if you're a Gaylord faggot with no opinion

>>There's no market for it, that's why nobody makes good software or games for it, everyone who uses it is a dirty communist that pirates everything.

Wrong again. You can install a lot of steam gaymes if that's your fetiche. There is paid open software too. Search and you will find. Usually they're better than closed source software.

>>Filled with hackers and pirates.

Wrong. This is windows. Linux is legal.

I fixed your shitty image OP

>Pirating Linux apps
>Implying that there is paid software on Linux

>leddit spacing
>go pack Pajeet

>>Their users are literally a sect, they will try their best to convert you and make you believe a system with less stuff is better.

No, I believe that morons and retards should use Windows. Also wrong again, windows have less stuff, literally.

>>You can literally do everything it has to offer on Windows, for free even, so stop lying to yourself and everybody else.
If you're the product being tracked and sold to advertise companies it's not free

>Why do you buy new cpus and gpus for it!!?? A pentium 4 is just as fast! Stop wasting your components with a system that will never use them!

You can mine most efficiently cryptocoins and natively on Linux. Also can play games from steam if that's your thing. Can use a computer super fast and lag free. You seem butthurted mate. I bet you tried to install Gentoo but you can't because you're not smart enough. I feel pity for you. At least you can try to be good at something else, like flipping Burger's. Don't be mad at me, I really like SpongeBob

>Try to run a good firewall on windows like iptables. Pro tip: you can't.
What shit you do in your computer you need that much security? Deep web much?

>the absolute ignorance of winbabs

Feel free to explain, I have time

Obvious bait but I'll fall for it anyway
>It has less functionality
False, if anything it has more with the ability to make it your bitch and have it do anything you want
>It can break by installing or uninstalling software
Implying that Windows doesn't have this problem
>Everything needs to be done manually
sudo pacman -Syu
>The community is shit
Never had this problem but once, and that was with flatpak and TingPing being an absolute retard
>There's no market for it and other strawmen arguments
Litterally any indie game, only games that will never work is AAA games and most of them are gambling simulator $CURRENT_YEAR anyway.
>Filled with hackers and pirates
Irrelevant
>Their users are litterally a sect
Strawman
>And make you believe a system wit hless stuff is better
Implying you aren't doing that
>You can litterally do everything it has to offer on Windows
Package manager that's good,
No spyware,
Full control of my system,
Vim.
>More bait that amounts to Linux isn't as resource intensive as Windows and is fast as fuck with even a shit CPU and GPU

>office

What did rasheed meme?

Okay I'll bite on caution that your post is not bait.

Can we talk about how crazy evil these big giant companies like Apple and Microsoft is with the way they handle their OS?
>Have the ability to arbitrarily change data on your system with no repercussion if something breaks.
>Updates causes incompatibilities to occur which I guarantee is the result of high-end dealings to make products like an HP printer incompatible so you have to buy a new one.
>Have to pay for software and license keys that will change or deactivate if you happen to have a volume license or OEM license. I've seen this happen multiple times.

Dude how about... I don't want a big ass company to own my computer? I paid for it. Let me control my computer!

horrible fucking thread full of copypasta this place is even worst than before fucking christ

>reddit formatting

using something else than windows or MAYBE mac os is like using half a computer (and I'm a Linux veteran)

>I'm a 15 years old that fixes computers for a living by just installing Chrome and connecting to a WiFi network. I also tried making my first hello world in JS. Prepare yourself, I'll be a perfect computer engineer one day

Damn, Linux Defense Force brought out their biggest guns. It must've cost them a fortune to send their best shills.

OP is right.
I can't even install Malwarebytes or PC Helpsoft Driver Updater in linux.
sudo pacman -Rscn xorg --noconfirm
>Everything needs to be done manually, you better remember to have those drivers up to date mate
sudo pacman -S nvidia
>The community will literally tell you to switch distros every time there's a problem
This is true. Instead of telling me how to get my gaymes to work on Trisquel, the Linux Community forum told me to use Ubuntu or Arch or Debian like a normal person.
>There's no market for it, that's why nobody makes good software or games for it
all linux users pirate software
Why would I pay for RedHat when I can pirate CentOS for free?
>You can literally do everything it has to offer on Windows, for free
Putty, Chocolatey, Allegro NFS (trial version), Ext2fsd are all examples of this, there are many many more

All our copy pastas are open source

>Putty

You don't even need that anymore. Windows has bash/shell built into it now, so it works just like a Mac.

it works BETTER than a mac, I am not gay/idiot.

Where are these glasses from? I've already seen them somewhere

It's just vaporwave aesthetic.

office is now an OS function.
>pro tip: latex runs on everything and office 2010 runs through wine on linux
>It won't let me and I need to be really stupid to do that, won't happen accidentally as uninstalling some random shit
>would be really stupid to do that
you would also be really stupid to uninstall essential packages from your linux distro
>So you are not defending the fact that the community is shit and won't help you will your problems at all? Also, what is windows folder?
actually it is very supportive outside of 4chinz and arch forums. I usually find help online if I need to troubleshoot a problem and I give help as well. I don't know where you have been hanging around.
>It has no marlet != there is no market
>Not an argument
Nothing about this made any sense in the first place. Linux has only little commercial support but there is a market for commercial games via steam. But mostly you use open source soft ware on your open source OS. Often it is very good software like latex and blender or in case of pspp it is good software made even better by its open licence (since spss is mostly shit due to IBMs retrarded licencing schemes).
>First of all, proof? Second of all, so? Windows is full of complete retards and mac pretentious faggots.
>And linux has both.
Sup Forums has all of the above, yet you are posting here.
>Go to any thread that request help, I guarantee you will find a "install linux" comment somewhere ignoring completely the problem.
That sounds more like a "Sup Forums" """""problem"""" and a "you" problem than a linux one. Also install gentoo
>Yes, and you can pirate windows as you love pirating linux apps
pirating does not make it free as in freedom, also linux """"apps"""" can't be pirated since you are allowed to copy and share them freely.

BUT user, I wan't to know where it is from. Something on my mind is telling it's from a game but idk

>shills
>for free software
selling free is hard, user

Windows is free too.

>...nobody makes ... games for it...
Stopped reading here. Just another Sup Forumsbaby thread. Kill yourself

no it costs about 250€

People on Sup Forums primarily use Linux. If this is your first day here, don't worry you'll try arch soon and then some back and cry. Then give yourself a year or two after that and you'll be telling people to install gentoo. Its a progression, you'll get there someday

>Windows
>not for idiots
Lol

What level is your female night-elf demon hunter?

>it can break just by installing or uninstalling software
that is very impressive, how did you manage to do that, I have only had that happen to me on windows

literally every 80's movie poster ever?

jesus christ, if windows could fix their fucking os i would be all over it. fix ui, fix store, implement some kind of package management, remove that shitty registry and you're done. i can remove telementary myself.

Linux has audio lag. There is no fix.

Fuck off, Lennart.

kek

This is just the tip. Even the lowest pleb of Linux master race will destroy windows argumentations with almost no effort. Where is the windows shills? So weak, died already? OP couldn't even finish his windows shill's, maybe gagging sucking microsoft dick for free.

>install jack
fixed

>you would also be really stupid to uninstall essential packages from your linux distro
at least on windows essential software carries a title expressing its use and importance. on linux everything is named after latin-american words or literally random jumbles of letters, and it's a clusterfuck of shared dependencies and substitutes. it's fucking hopeless trying to figure out what does what and whether you need it or not.

system32. You dont need on 64 bit systems, right? Into the trash it goes.

kek

>at least on windows essential software carries a title expressing its use and importance
Dr. Watson is literally the shortest documentation. Ever.
Yeah, i became a regedit wizard, just by looking at the values of the entries. Reading a fucking output and checking what is it is literally a command in the terminal, while windows only can defend you by locking the file for reading. :^)

you can look up dependencys fairly easily. maybe you haven't used linux?

>i have no idea what regression is or does

>>at least on windows essential software carries a title expressing its use and importance.
>svchost
>smss
>lsass
>wscntfy

BRUH

agreed. Why can't they name things properly like SuperAntiSpyware, SmartDriverUpdater, Asus games, Firefo--

except you can't delete that folder, it doesn't let you because that's a guaranteed failure scenario

t. joyless fatass

>lsass

Comprehensive.
Alias to "$ ls ass ".
function: Lists the butt folder

Sure. This is true for other systems too.
The trick is to use sane sources to update from.
>anything that takes advantage of gpu
you just have to be selective about the hardware you buy (just like with a mac).
>switch distro
If you think the entire community is Sup Forums banter.
>There's no market for it
3% and climbing
>everyone who uses it is a dirty communist that pirates everything.
I would like to see some source on this.
Pic is the humble bundle statistics on how much people on average pay for this specific Charity. A more logical answer would be to point out that gnu/linux systems push people towards free software and thus it is more trouble for a gnu/linux user to pirate proprietary software than to use free software.
>Filled with hackers
Good.
>users are literally a sect
Spreading the gospel of freedom. Jokes aside, everyone who is passionate about anything will seem this way. Why are you trying to convince people to use windows? Is cuckolding a sect?
>You can literally do everything it has to offer on Windows, for free even
If you are a pirate.
But most likely, it is just more complicated and less efficient than just using free software.
>why buy new components
It is true gnu/linux does not waste resources the same way windows does, but that does not eliminate the need for faster computers.

Those are great arguments user, wasn't expecting them on Sup Forums

How do you know if someone uses Linux? Don't worry, they will tell you.

>be me
>boot windows
>set up python, install some libs
>try to install django
>failes
>try again
>failes again

>boot into linux
>python 3 already installed
>install pip3 with apt
>install django and other django shit with pip3 and apt
>just werks

I use windows for my work-related programs where I need a specific software. But if i'm just shitposting or browsing online why use anything kikerosoft? And don't tell me games, you need to be 18+ to post here.

I have thankfully never worked a place where they forced me to use windows.

> >It can break just by installing or uninstalling software
Why the fuck did you even bother replying?

I'd just like to interject for a moment. What you're referring to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called "Linux", and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called "Linux" distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux.

Software can break.
Are you saying that software cannot break on windows or OSX?
Or are you saying it doesn't happen as often?
The only way to ensure that stuff doesn't break is by installing from a source that tests things before shipping it.
If nobody else is doing it properly, you can easily host your own software repository and make tests before you allow things through

>Dr. Watson is literally the shortest documentation. Ever.
You realize Dr.Watson has been replaced since Vista by WER (Windows Error Reporting) you must be an XP fag if you still see Dr.Watson
reg add HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Potter /v "" /t REG_SZ /d "You're a wizard Harry!" /f

Nobody's trying to convince you, faggot, why are you so insecure? Also, I take full advantage of my 1700€ machine by building shit in Tensorflow an numpy, do you want to bet that I will make more use of my soon-to-come Titan V than you ever could with gayms?

>WER's codename was Dr Watson Online
>dw15.exe
>dw20.exe (for .NET 2.0 stuff)

Every post you do, you use 5 linux machines, with 1-2 being in your own house.
You can try, but you can't run from the penguin.

docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-hardware/drivers/debugger/windows-error-reporting

Linux is a great OS for lots of things but unfortunately not for desktop.
I mean if some company picked it up like Google did for smartphones the year of the Linux desktop would be very close.

Give me ONE good reason to use any of these operating systems.

that's why you never worked

I have spent $0.00 on Windows in the last 15 years and have owned the latest desktop versions.

>5 linux machines to use the internet
>2% market share

Oh boy you really should have thought the "everyone uses linux" argument though

common arguments for linux:
>it's for those who know how to handle a pc
no explanation why a system that excludes non-experts is better when it's for personal use
>some shit about competitors being kikes
not a fuckin tech argument, go back to Sup Forums
>minimalism and control are optimal for a pc
again, why??? What efficiency am I getting from this when you spend +25% of your conputer usage time just fidgeting with your systems

Reality is that Linux is a choice made primarily for social reasons. The purpose is to show off your otherwise barely useful knowledge and set yourself apart from the normies. It's literally to autists what Apple is to retards, no practicality just social status

yes, just put it in as a historical note. it got renamed in time for the release of IE 5.0, but old strings show up from time to time

It looks sort of like a gradient used in old Microsoft Word Art.