Why can't SSDs be cheap? What the fuck is it that makes it so goddamn expensive compared to HDDs? Seriously...

Why can't SSDs be cheap? What the fuck is it that makes it so goddamn expensive compared to HDDs? Seriously, fucking nuke the Gooks if they won't compete with HDDs.

Let's talk about the technology in SSDs and why it's so expensive. I want to buy 10TB SSDs and run it in RAID5 with data integrity but I'm forced to rely on spinning rust with planned obsolescence.

think Samsung's factory went down and they're the main suppliers. or maybe this was for ram..

there is a limited supply of flash and a big demand. Those are the same factories that also produce DRAM by the way, and there is more demand than supply for that too. Hynix and Samsung invested a few billions into new fabs last year, they'll go online in about half a year or so. But with rising demands this is expected to result in only minor price reductions.

Thank the chinks for putting tons of flash and DRAM into every shitty phone for this.

They're like 50% cheaper per GB from 4 years ago.
They are cheap enough for any standard pc users needs.
Maybe you should stop "wanting to buy 10TB SSD's" for no reason.

Price fixing.

But they're 50% more expensive than they were over 1 year ago.

they are coming back down

I just bought a 500gb 850 Evo to replace my WD HDD that died on me and almost fucked me up royally by wasting 2 weeks of work from my master thesis (last backup was from 2 weeks)

I am never going back to HDDs

Cartel

Demand.

Only when everyone finally has an SSD for their OS drive will prices fall because of competition for a limited number of sales

You need to kill Bitcoin first.

If it doesn't exist in at least three places, it doesn't exist.

Only thanks to miners preventing people from getting into pc gayming.

Why you want 10 TB SSD? If it fails you are fucked but if you have a magnetic drive recovery aint so hard/ expensive. Just use ssd for system files like a normal person.

what the fuck happened at 22 nov?

3D NAND transitions and upgrades done for 5 companies, Samsung, Sandisk, Intel, Toshiba and Micron increased their NAND layers on their chips.
Right now they are increasing production so they will keep getting even cheaper.

Unlike DRAM chips situation, NAND doesn't have price fixing.

>comparing a fucking metal disk spinning to fucking magic nanotechnology so advanced companies don't even understand how it works

>not understanding how nand gates work
user are you actually retarded or were you talking about bit-patterned heat-assisted shingled magnetic magic?

They are cheap though.

>be 2009
>Intel X25-M G2 80GB
>only $229
And it was easily worth it. I retired about two years ago after using it in a desktop and three different laptops. Upgraded to 1TB SSD from Samsung.

Now 250GB 3D NAND is $85(860 EVO).

because we exported all the gpus/ram/vram/ssd production into gooks hands, they finally vised up and started jewing

We could have easily transfered production to easter europe which have cheap labor as well (more expensive than chinks, but better quality and easy transport of materials, easy transport of new personal)

What we now facing is letting foreign powers control the market, Samsung is directly controled by SK goverment, and im not even talking about chink shit.

The only hope we have is if we start building factories in europe right the fuck now and investing huge amount of money into infrastructure.

>believing there's no price fixing in a chink-owned business

You do realize the technology in Hard drives is practically magic too right ? They rotate 120 full times in 1 second. While the Head that reads the magnetic data on the drive hovers 3 nano meters above the drive has to adjust at these speeds and read differences in magnetization to determine if the spot on the drive was a 0 or a 1.

Why can't 1080's be cheap!? I mean, they cost less than 10 bucks to make.