If you don't think this is the single most important album of the decade (and perhaps even the last several) you are a...

If you don't think this is the single most important album of the decade (and perhaps even the last several) you are a transphobic, misogynistic, xenophobic, fascistic moron. Please stop posting your opinions about art if you do not acknowledge the preeminence of this album. Thanks.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Sup Forums pls go

Shit bait, fuck off back to tumblr

Like I get that you're making a joke right now, and I've only listened to the first two singles, but I'm actually really excited about the rest of the album. I learned she was trans after I heard them, but I'm not such a sperg that I'm really bothered by it anyways. The songs were really powerful in my opinion

youtube.com/watch?v=bBIubgsfK8E

LMAO

Why did you think they were powerful?

Because he only gets the message of a song if it's delivered in the most obvious ways possible

I wish her lyrics were more than singing of something horrible and then ironically singing "i want it to happen"

>I want the world to die
>Blow me off the mountain and into the sea

And so on.

This is really hard to watch.

Well for Drone Bomb Me, the story is just pretty sad. I don't really care about the politics, but just the story of a young girl who just wants to die if it means to be reunited with her parents is pretty moving to me.

4 Degrees, not so much, I just kind of liked the melody itself. But the line when she says "I wanna burn the sky, I wanna burn the breeze," gave me pretty massive chills for some reason.

I'm not even Sup Forums at all. I know my post was extremely Sup Forums tier but I am pretty mad. I feel like this album is still pretty good but that it's being elevated beyond its merits.
Alright I'm about to post the lyrics to the sixth track, "Obama", don't read them if you don't want to be spoiled.

This album is just COMPLETELY hamfisted, not just the first two singles.

Here are the lyrics to "Obama", question marks denote where I couldn't tell what was said:
when you were elected the world cried for joy/we thought we had empowered/the truth telling envoy/now the news is you were spying/executing without trial/betraying virtues/scarring closed the sky/punishing the whistleblowers/those who tell the truth/do you recognize the owl/staring right back at you/Obama/Obama/Obama/Obama/Obama/Obama/Obama/Obama/(??????????)/women and children (????)/(???) drained from your face/Obama/Obama

Hahaha oh god, that is pretty lame. Ugh, I saw that track name and I just knew it would be cringeworthy. I'm gonna assume that's the worst of it though

why do the lyrics sound like pseudointellectual criticism

he wrote that song mainly because there's a trans (MTF) political prisoner in the US and he's mad because Obama won't pardon him

the lyrics are really shit anyway

What does that owl line even mean?

further proof that pitchfork doesn't review the music but the "message"

they are not qualified to review music based on quality of the music

he needed a rhyme

She has a few good ones on the album, and the production is really good. But inclusion of tracks like this and the first two singles are just..... idk.... Drone Bomb Me has good parts but then it just has stupid parts. 4 Degrees has a bit of a soft spot for me as a conservationist but I still think it's not a good song.

Execution is awful too.

Why Did You Separate Me from the Earth isn't bad, Watch Me is honestly pretty fucking heavy. Violent Men was pretty alright too.

I really wasn't focusing too much on the last three tracks but I'll listen to it a few more times. I remember Marrow just lists a bunch of countries for a while and then says "We are all Americans now/Suck the oil out (????).

My problem is that her vocals sound very opera-esque and in conjunction with this electronic music it just sounds like someone dubbed some opera singer over electronic beats, it doesn't complement each other well at all.

And i mean that her vocal execution also just reminds me of opera.

Yikes, p4k felt that if this didn't get atleast a 9.0bnm they wouldn't get any more website traffick from trannies and SJW's

literally no one thinks like this

not even the (admittedly retards) youre strawmanning

It's like nobody has heard of Antony before this project. She makes pretty good music for a while now, her older stuff is also very sad but a little bit more subtile, if that is what's bothering you. She also made a nice collaboration with David Tibet/Current 93 a while ago.

Never seen this Tim & Eric sketch before.

Also, this is the first time I've seen this Antony creature in action. It's pretty disgusting t b h.

Gross.

So p4k giving this a 9.0 was pretty misguided? I generally only go on that website to get music recommendations, so I was pretty pumped when this got BNM

I think so, and while I made the Sup Forums tier OP in frustration, I do think some of the sentiment has legitimacy. I mean Sup Forums posters are fucking retarded by and large and parrot buzzwords like "cultural Marxism" when they've never read anything by the Frankfurt School, but I do think that if I go into the radio station next week and say I don't like this album all of the other DJs will say that I'm a bigot.

source of your pic?

Holy fuck. I'm staying away that

Sucks that the worst part about ANOHNI's album is ANOHNI. The production is pretty immaculate

now while this thread was supposed to be "Sup Forums - trannies", let's move onto "Sup Forums - abos". i refuse to believe abos are humans.

Is this guy's voice designed to trigger normalfags?

>1:55
lost

I think more people should see this and am therefore bumping the thread.

itt: liberal SJW white knight cry-bullies?

why is this real

it's important because it shows people just how fucking crazy liberals are

All I know is OPN had a hand in making this album.

Is it worth listening based on that?

can someone explain this to me
why do people get famous and then suddenly decide that they're transgender

is it like... they've decided that their craft isn't good enough, or they're not getting the attention that they desperately crave, and think to themselves "hey if I called myself trans then my mediocre work will suddenly be critically acclaimed?"

doesn't this totally undermine the struggles of people who are, you know, actually trans? I absolutely refuse to believe this puffed up fucking white cow princess is "trans."

It's not that bad
The pianist lacks the ability to play along

>In student radio
>Most of everyone else has really basic taste in music.

It's a daily struggle, dog.

no because it's ruined by pseudo-critical lyrics coming from a mentally addled special snowflake

>shitting on traditional folk music

I think Antony was trans before she got famous
Also besides Caitlyn Jenner I can't think of another person who did that

her voice is kinda awful

on a serious note, there really isn't anything remarkable about the singles we've heard. they kind of have a dumb/dancey neo-80s vibe with some admittedly good vocals

but this'll be every music publications aoty because le trans meme

Why is there so much antony hate on Sup Forums now

God i fucking hate pitchfork

i'm reading an article from 2005 where he uses male pronouns when talking about his music

against me

I'm not sure I've ever heard such awful, unsubtle, cringeworthy lyrics in my life. It's like if you asked a 14-year-old who just discovered reddit to write "deep" lyrics.

I actually really like the instrumentals, the atmosphere, everything. I can hear OPN's hand in it. The singing itself is pretty good. But the lyrics completely ruin the album. Every song on it is like this.

Even if they were just a bit more subtle and metaphorical, I could tolerate it.

I'm fairly liberal myself, but they're so fucking politically charged with no attempt to mask it.

Why do some trans people have to make being trans not only their entire identity, but some sort of retarded political statement? It's disappointing, because it could otherwise be quite a good album.

I know OPN himself is quite a leftist. Hopefully he doesn't start integrating shit like this into his own music.

ITT: lets just disreguard all of antony and the johnsons work and make complaints about hopelessness

fucking cuck bitches

the thread is about hopelessness, cretin

Didnt want to shit on the 4 degress lyrics without hearnig it in the context of the album, which i'm still to listen to , is the rest of it as stupid?

I'm very liberal but taken in isolation its the most repugnant anti-war song i've ever heard

fucking plebs ITT
this album is amazing
pro-tip: the heavy-handed lyricism is intentional

it's in my top 10 of this year already
It's the Vulnicura of 2016

>It's the Vulnicura of 2016
this is what I wanted it to be, it's not quite there imo
but it is pretty good

is the album good, tho?

>it's intentionally shit!

>Literally orcs on thorazine
>Meatloaf is looking a little worse for wear these days isn't he?
>a tranny and two abos. what the fuck.
>The poor tranny trying so hard to feel the music @ 2:34
>It's like looking at some sort of prehistoric humanish thing.
>The sheer amount of willpower it took the crowd to maintain their poker face could power Australia for the next 50 years.

These fucking comments.

>pro-tip: the heavy-handed lyricism is intentional
To what end?

pro-tip: nobody thinks the heavy-handed lyricism was accidental

I posted the first thread about this album and my feelings of it have only grown. Not a weak track and the production of OPN and Hudson Mohawke is astounding and I hope Bjork's new release has the same manic beauty.

My ultimate dream is that Anhoni get's to sing these songs either for an audience with Obama in it or that this album is endlessly looped at the UN's coffee shop.