McCartney wrote better songs.
Lennon made better songs.

Whore garrison

McCartney

Ringo

nice one
>inb4 Harrison
b-but...

The important question is : would you rather have a band of 4 Johns, 4 Pauls, 4 Georges, or 4 Ringos ??

They worked better as a whole though

now that I think about it, a band of 4 Ringos would be the shit!

Paul, because he could actually do all the roles in the band.

As much as I hate to admit it, you are right.

McCartney was a better songwriter
Lennons songs were the best
George was the coolest
All Things Must Pass > The white album

Harrison

Harrison wrote some great songs for The Beatles, but Lennon and McCartney wrote so many more. Harrison's songs didn't change the face of popular music forever the way the other two did, as good as they were. I like Harrison but people who pick him as their favourite Beatle always seem to be doing so for muh contrianism and because it makes them look deep to choose the lesser known one.

Definitely 4 Pauls.

Paul
>Abbey Road medley
>Penny Lane
>Let It Be
>Hey Jude
>Eleanor Rigby
>Yesterday
>Helter Skelter
>We Can Work it Out
>The Fool on the Hill
>Back in the U.S.S.R.
>All My Loving
>I Saw Her Standing There
>Paperback Writer
>Michelle
>Got to Get You into My Life
>And I Love Her
>Here, There and Everywhere
>Oh! Darling
>Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
>Fixing a Hole
>Getting Better
vs.

John
>Come Together
>You've Got to Hide Your Love Away
>Happiness Is a Warm Gun
>I Am the Walrus
>Norwegian Wood (This Bird Has Flown)
>Tomorrow Never Knows
>In My Life
>Help!
>Strawberry Fields Forever
>Please Please Me
>Don't Let Me Down
>Day Tripper
>I Want You (She's So Heavy)
>Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds

Paul is better for me.

john (quality) > paul (quantity)

>no Rain
>no A Hard Day's Night
>no Nowhere Man
>no I'm Only Sleeping
>no And Your Bird Can Sing

Burn in hell, Paulfag

Helter Skelter is better than anything John ever did, and I'm a big John fan.

You forgot Lady Madonna, but otherwise good lists.

Who is the winner per album

>Beatlemania era
John
>Rubber Soul
John
>Revolver
John
>Sgt. Pepper
They co-wrote day in the life so it's a tie
>MMT
Another tie
>White Album
John
>Let it Be
Paul
>Abbey Road
George (fuk da h8rs)

test

>White Album
>John

>2 songs by George on Abbey Road somehow top I Want You, Come Together, Because, and the entire medley

Fucking hell can't believe I left them out, sorry. Also one of my favorite songs from Revolver and The Beatles in general, I'm Only Sleeping, was written primarily by John.

I still prefer Paul, though. Will say that I Want You (She's So Heavy) is better than almost all of Paul's tunes, though.

>I Want You (She's So Heavy)
When I heard that song as a kid, I was convinced it was the first metal song.

Helter Skelter and I Want You are their best songs with The Beatles respectively imo tbqh pham

to me, paul was always like a cockblock in most beatles releases. his songs to me were always just pretty songs to steady the pace and balance of the record, or they were pure shit. there are really good paul songs out there just to be clear, theres a few on revolver, sgt, and white but to me his shit songs outweigh his good. john to me always hit the mark and was a more clever introspective experimental song writer in the beatles, he always lead the way for innovation and thinking outside the box. during pepper/revolver, john was expanding his bounds into psychedelic territory, experimental territory, introspective territory. when paul shouldve been expanding his own songwriting, he just continued to write show tunes and really mild love songs. paul is for moms.

john is better

>band has 4 Ringos

Yeah, man. "Martha, My Dear" can suck my dick. Hate that shit

>band has two ringos

Tingo to be honey

Difficult to say without comparing solo careers. We can never know who wrote what with the beatles because paul's taking credit for it all now.

Lennon made way more music than McCartney, so naturally he made some pretty painful music with yoko. When lennon wrote music it was all very lyrical with minimal insturments while paul was better at insturmental music.

Tldr; lennon for lyrics, paul for insturmental

>ATMP > almost any album

bitch please

Helter Skleter is literally the first meme song. If ur maybe twelve Helter Skelter is impressive. In my Life is objectively better than any paul song. That level of depth and emotional meaning John reached, literally aged 21, Paul never could imagine in his life

The obvious answer is Lennon because his concepts and lyrics were more complex than McCartney's "hold your hand"-style conventional pop bullshit.

The real question, though, is who gives a shit about The Beatles?

I find Paul was a better story-teller in his music Shes Leaving Home, and songs from Wings/Ram etcetc with Linda etc whereas John was better at conveying Ideas emotions etc

They're both good at what they did so it's crass to compare them when they're both so different yet complemented eachother so well, salt and pepper.

R u mad White Album had Julia, Happiness is a Warm Gun, Sexy Sadie, I'm So Tired, and Rev 1 and 9 by John He takes the cake easily, even if ur one of those plebs who dont count Rev 9.

Here's the real winner

4 georges would be dope

4 pauls would be boring as hell

4 johns, the band would break up in 3 hours

4 ringos would be meme

disagree about MMT. John clearly won that one. Strawberry Fields is the greatest song the Beatles ever wrote. I Am The Walrus is up there.

Paul won Abbey Road too, as much as I love Something and Here Comes the Sun, Paul carried that album with the medley.

I feel like four georges would work the best together he seemed like the beatle who really had the strongest grasp of himself if that makes any sense. They would just like synchronize brains within the first ten minutes.

Paul was a lot like Mike Love. I mean not nearly as much of a dickwad but he was always made safe mom music. John tried new things, and is the main reason the beatles were so important to the history of music, instead of just being another 60s pop band.

they would all be communicating with their minds within a few hours with the amount of acid theyd be taking

to think that was his "attempt" (In his words) at a Happiness is a Warm Gun. Oh man like that's just embarrassing.

Let's just compare Penny Lane and Strawberry Fields Forever

the Beatles were at their creative peak here, and Paul and John each made a song about their hometowns and growing up.

Paul:
>And all the people that come and go
>Stop and say hello

John:
>Living is easy with eyes closed
>Misunderstanding all you see

Paul:
>He likes to keep his fire engine clean
>It's a clean machine

John:
>No one I think is in my tree
>I mean it must be high or low

Paul:
>Penny Lane is in my ears and in my eyes
>A four of fish and finger pies

John:
>Always, no sometimes, think it's me
>But you know I know when it's a dream

Not even to compare them muscally..

>it was a fake mustache

>Lennon
Perversely effective
>McCartney
Silly Serious

Paul has his moments but for the most part I just find his voice to be pretty boring and generic, in way that can get on my nerves.

Although I do kinda like the more gravely voice he had in some songs later on.

John and George are way more cool interesting though.

his singing is amazing on Let It Be desu. Jesus Beard Paul is best paul

Lol, I hadn't heard that before. It makes me despise paul even more