What went wrong?

What went wrong?

it got big

microsoft thought they have to give a shit about consumer, they dumbed everything down to much .

Normies flooded the market, so they had to design an OS for normies.

Windows 10 isn't as bad as Sup Forums likes to pretend, but it certainly isn't as good as it could be.

NSA/CIA/FBI/MPAA datamining honeypot

Greed.

>Windows 10 isn't as bad as Sup Forums likes to pretend
It's worse.

To be fair, if you isolate the deskop enviroment from everything else, Windows 10 is better than anything else.

modern capitalism
american companies have learned that the best way to make a profit isn't by making an honest quality product that people want to buy, but by engaging in a consumer-hostile manipulative relationship, both in trying to take advantage of consumers directly and in trying to bring about anticonsumer market conditions
they went out of their way to suppress most competition and become one of two main competing standards
they know now that 95%+ of users will run their software whether or not they like it or want to
they steal and snoop on their users' data so they can sell it for money
they display unwanted ads, again because they can make money and their users won't do anything about it
they intentionally avoid compatibility with competing standards, especially free standards that compete with their proprietary ones, so that third parties won't start supporting those standards and thus indirectly supporting their competition

I recently switched back to windows 8.1 after using Windows 10 for 6 months. w10 constantly gave me compatibility issues and was overall somehow slower than 8.1.

8.1 is honestly breddy good once you install Classic Shell.

8.1 has given me nothing but grief. Can't remember simple setting like "connect automatically to this network". The internet constantly gets disconnected, constant "resolving host" errors with any internet browser, and yes I have confirmed that this is a problem with the OS. None of my other machines are affected, and all my drivers are up to date. Also booted linux off a usb drive to check if it was hardware related, and nope, everything werks, also runs 2x faster off a freaking thumb drive. I'm about to bite the bullet and go full linux.

I'm still using Windows 7 and sitting here wondering if I should "Upgrade"...

Don't. Stay on 7.

Okay, thanks!

>Windows
>not Losedos

>not just using Everything

I used to shill Windows search until 10. I have no idea what the fuck happened that made 10's search so awful.

Reminder that femanon intentionally breaks Windows just to get attention from Sup Forums.
If your search doesn't work then you probably broke it yourself by running some stupid debloat script.

They fell for the tablet meme

And so ruined their perfect OS in order to accommodate tablets and hybrids and shit
Turns out tablets were just a phase, most people have abandoned them now and just want a non-meme desktop OS
Most people aren't graphic designers n shit

This, a thousand times this.

Anybody run into any weird booting issues with it lately?

I have had a couple computers at work restart and try to run startup repair out of no where and I end up having to reinstall the OS but I'm a fucking retard and have no idea what's going on.

So do you recommend Windows 10? From 7 that is...

Hi, entirely stock fag here. Search doesn't fucking work.

Of course it works on a fresh install with nothing in it, the problem is usage/time related.

win10 is horseshit OS
last usable is 8.1 with classic shell