Yfw you are your family's personal computer repairman

>yfw you are your family's personal computer repairman

>user how do i change my website

>your family refuses to take any advice on computers you give them and they just help themselves by replacing their shit walmart laptops every few years whenever they get slow or stop working

best feeling

>tfw made sis shill android line os

>"i unchecked something so I would stop getting mail in outlook"
>what? why? where?
>"i dont remember"

>user if you are CS why can't you fix my tablet that i dropped in the water?
Yes this actually did happen.

>friend ignored my advices when he decided to buy a new pc
>got a kaby lake i7, a fucking rx 560 and a absolute dreadful unbranded psu
fucking why

not anymore thanks to W10

literally killed the Family Tech support meme and is the only good thing about W10

does it just work?

That picture gave me cancer.

>tfw even your grandma never needs your help because she know how to use google

I put auto Windows updates and their computer no longer gets any virus or malware issue, so yeah W10 is good for tech illiterates

I actually like the feeling my grandparents' stuff is running okay and they don't get scammed by asshole salesmen trying to sell them shit they don't want or need, scalped when buying something they do need, or fucked over by bloated "maintenance" adware and toolbars everywhere on the internet.
They're grateful, too, and remember most of what I tell them to do (or avoid.) They both like tech and I enjoy making their ride as smooth as possible, it's not their fault they grew up without it and didn't get much chance to gain enough insight to detect every single way people might want to fuck them over.

take their old laptops and sell them

Never happened

>he can't fix tablets that have been dropped in water

Yep.
For how much millennials use technology they're sure dumb at fixing it.

Millennials are the least tech illiterate. Gen Z are illiterate because they grew up on tablets and older generations are just stubborn old farts

You forget, "millennial" doesn't describe a generation anymore. It's a word used to describe young people that you don't agree with.

> Literal bag of rice
you are pathetic

>tfw forced my parents to use Linux

My whole family uses Lineage OS, I wanted to make them less normies and it worked.

My parents and sister all rely on me for help with technology, and they generally do exactly as I tell them to. If any of them need to make a purchase they will always consult with me first to make sure they aren't buying overpriced garbage.

Am I the only one here where this is the case? Every time we have this thread it's full of anons complaining that their family ignores them or asks for unrealistic miracles from them. I actually enjoy helping my family and they are very grateful to me for doing so.

they mostly complain because you do one thing for them and any future problems are all your fault