144hz IPS vs TN for gamer

Is the 144 hz IPS worth the extra cost over the 144hz TN for a person who games only? Assuming the same resolution and screen size for both monitors.

Yes. TN is literally the worst display technology in every aspect. Stay as far away from it as possible.

>for a person who games only
TN, definitely.

TN needs to die.

Just get a crt if this shit really worries you as a gamer. TNs are fucking garbage. Either go with ips/va, or get a used crt.

i love my dell s2716dg, ulmb (strobing backlights) is the fucking shit for fast paced video games. don't buy if you want accurate colors, though.

ips is better for everything

This

Go back to Sup Forums

If you play csgo just buy a 200€ 144hz tn monitor and an alternative monitor/tv for watching movies with.

After color calibrating, it looks just fine next to my U2717D.

that's good to hear, what did you use to calibrate it? i just set the digital vibrance to 70%, so it looks a bit off. i'm still satisfied.
also, have you tried the gsync+ulmb hack? apparently you can use both at the same time with this monitor, but it's obviously not officially supported.

I've got a colormunki display, not that I'm telling anyone to run out and get a hardware calibrator.
Haven't tried the gsync+ulmb hack but I never use ULMB so not something I can comment on.

ulmb is pretty cool if you can stand the lowered brightness.

tn for gaming, get high res 60 hz ips if not gaming

TN is shit, switched to IPS and am never buying TN garbage ever again.

tn
shitty blacks will probably help you in games

reality