Cryptocurrencies crashing

>cryptocurrencies crashing
>gpu prices still increase
w-what's going on, guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD6H65C3599
youtube.com/watch?v=2kpaW6rkwhw
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/tether-says-its-cryptocurrency-is-worth-2-billion-but-its-audit-failed/
youtu.be/bjvYL123w4w
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

All the normies figured out that crypto isn't actually that interesting and they should fuck off for a couple years while the tech develops into something useful for their purposes

Manufacturers aren't going to go back to accepting "regular" prices after seeing that people will pay so much more. These prices are the new normal for graphics cards.

millions of pervs buying gpus to make deepfakes

Still making $2 a day on my 1060s.

FUCK YOU YOUR LYING

>after seeing that people will pay so much more
It was a one time bubble fueled by people that never buy GPUs ever.

Sup Forums BTFO once again lol

Lower price means time to mine more to get the same return

Buy a prebuilt with the card you want and processor you want. You can put stickers all over it to make it look custom.

newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIAD6H65C3599
>2gb rx 550
>$184
what the FUCK

>Thinks mining will ever stop instead of change.

Get a console. kid.

Nobody I know who's in crypto believes this is going to be a long term crash. Miners especially have to expect this kind of thing to happen because they'll ideally be in it for quite a while.

Why would miners care, you think people are going to go out and sell all their mining equipment because the prices dropped to what they were a month ago?

no one is buy bits because no one accepts bits lol

Okay, now how much to you pay for energy per month?

If you pay more than $60 a month on energy, then you are losing money from doing this.

>If you pay more than $60 a month on energy, then you are losing money from doing this.
No.

They can't manufacture new GPUs overnight. It's going to take several months for the fabs to manufacture new chips and ship them from Taiwan. Plus, in the case of Nvidia, they're probably switching from making Pascal to Volta atm

>gtx 1050 ti $400
>gtx 1060 $600
>rx 570 $800
WHYYYYYYYYYYYY

stop paying above msrp and prices will fall.
You idiots REE about the prices but I still see 700/800 1070s selling on ebay. Meanwhile, you can find msrp video cards directly from nvidia.com if you really have no money and need to get one and have enough time to spare from fucking around to monitoring supply/inventory.

Oh and chinese new years holiday hits in a couple of weeks. So, kiss inventory goodbye until march. Why is it that the laziest and most broke fuckers w/ the most time, are the least willing to camp out for MSRP vidya?

I pay $.10 per KWH, so around $6 a month per card.

>buying a used graphics card
how about no. zero resale value for miners from me

got my 1080ti for $1090 aud from a dealer feels good man

consoles are for kids, child.

video games is an integral part of our 21st century culture, which miners are destroying along with the environment.

Quit buying my gaphics curds.

Need to play gayms!

Grow up faggot.

/thread

it'd have to dip below $1-2K for mem to even condoder buying. its massively overpriced and the downisdes (tranaction times, transaction costs, environmental harm) are enormous.
cryptocurrencies need big design changes to be able to overcome these barriers.
as it is, ripple is poised to become the only crypto of note.

> the only use of gpus is gaming
kys retard

Manufacturers got nothing from price increases, msrp is still the same as it was before crypto craze. Retailers will lower prices as soon they get new inventory.

rebound demand

I'd pay 100 max for a miner gtx 1080ti. They dont have any value beyond that. To risky.

Supply vs demand. Price gouging happens when the supply is very low, and video cards are complex and slow to make which means if supply is bought out there's a lag to replace it.

>msrp is still the same as it was before crypto craze

youtube.com/watch?v=2kpaW6rkwhw

>One aib partner
Nice clickbait faggot

Enjoy your denial, gaymercuck.

spbp

New GPU's on Newegg, or any used eBay GPU that wasn't a mining card now can claim "hey, you, vidya person who didn't upgrade during December: I'm your only shot for a non-abused card", because if you buy an eBay GPU that's very obviously described as an ex-mining card, that's a future buyer protection claim in the making if the VRM's are fucked

Retail stock is absolutely the same because they're not abused, i.e. paranoid retards flooding eBay with iffy card lots because of yet another dip (without even waiting to see what happens this time), meaning normal people that were holding onto their prior card after a recent/semi-recent upgrade now have a time to shine

Granted ETH wasn't as harsh as the scryptshit that ensured used 7000's and 200's were guaranteed toast most of the time, but GPU VRM's on ANY non-primo card aren't rated for 24/7 usage

You must wait,

memecoincucks are trying to resell their gpu for the inflated prices they payed for and resellers have to restock. when the demand for GPU will have plunged enough, prices will naturally fall because there will be more GPU sellers than buyers. and bitcuck will continue down for some time because there are a lot of bad news coming. look this one for example:
arstechnica.com/tech-policy/2018/02/tether-says-its-cryptocurrency-is-worth-2-billion-but-its-audit-failed/

>gaming processing unit
>not used for gaming

it stands for gay pounding unit you retard. as in MY PENIS

REEEEEEE
U ALL MADE ME LAUGHIN STOCK OF MY FRIENDS

I TOL THEM TO INVEST
I HATE U ALL I NEVER COMMIN BACK

FUGG UUU REDDIT WAS RIGHT BOUT U ALL UGHHHH!H!

youtu.be/bjvYL123w4w

>how do economics work

>what's supply and demand
The gas stations knows that you're a sucker and would buy gasoline for 20$ per gallon, still they obey the supply/demand law.
You're just retarded if you think that now a new record is set. Once the sales will drop to 0 because the muh crypto craze has gone, prices will start to go down as well.

>tfw a crack unit of economics experts parachute in from Sup Forums

>hurricane come to murrica
>people starts buying maniacally food and water
>shortages
>prices skyrockets
>emergency is over
>"wow these fuckers are willing to pay 40$ for a bottle of water. Fuck you we are to go back at 50c"
I bet 3/4 of the people posting here barely did through high school and now are wagecucks at the local McDonald™

It will take awhile for the market to correct itself.

However, enjoy the quad SLI GTX 1080 builds you can make for $400 total due to the flood of cards to the market.

>I refuse to buy used cards that were mined on

Good for you, that means more cheap cards for me. Price vs risk.

MSRP's for GPU's are going up due to the high price of memory. They will increase by about 20%. Check Gamers Nexus for info.