twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Yes recreationally

what, professionally or in general or what

either

what style?

Do you mean that rhetorically?

only when I'm home alone

I've been learning to shuffle/cut shapes lately

This is one of my favourite examples, it's not necessarily the most skillful but I really like the style:
youtube.com/watch?v=79e1ZOdG3Vw

I started out breaking/b-boying and have been trying to get back into it and really git gud like I always wanted to.

One reason I neglected my breakdancing was I got interested in funk styles & liquiding

what music do you like to breakdance to?

It's a hybrid of shuffle/breakbeat/tango/yaasssqueen

I'm a gril btw

I wouldn't even know how to start. When I workout I have music on and I like to move to it but it's really formless and random. There have been multiple times in my life where people asked me if I danced professionally due to my physique and I can only go "haha nope."

Depends on what style I'm going for. When I first got into it, it was in the late 90's & early 2000's when the thing was power and gymnastics. My first exposures to breaking were mainly through music videos by pop artists like Christian Aguilera and electronic bands like Dirty Vegas and Crystal method. So I still feel most comfortable with funky, chemical breakbeat stuff and house music, but also old skool electro-funk from the 80's like Planet Patrol, Soul Sonic Force, Pac Jam, etc and nu-electro like Jedi Knights, Denver McCarthy, Codebase, Drexciya.

Then as I got more into toprocking to make up for some of my lack of skill in powermoves, I found very chill instrumental hip hop/trip hop like Nujabes, Fat Jon, Massive Attack, Sneaker Pimps and DJ Krush to be good for that. When I got into liquiding, that ambient kind of stuff made it easy to create a style that mixed the two but for strict liquiding/waving I found the soft "classic trance" and progressive trance style to be the best, stuff like early Tiesto, BT, Man With No Name, Age of Love, etc as well as G-Funk instrumentals strangely enough. There's also that early to mid 90's jazz hip hop like Pete Rock & CL Smooth, Gangstarr, Tribe Called Quest. Some of the stuff you see in the music videos for that stuff is fun to do as it's top/uprocking with some simple jumps and spins that make your routine look good without having to necessarily be skilled at doing flares and stuff..

It's funny cause when I got into the actual b-boy scene, there seemed to be a lot of elitism and people were like ""you can only break to this stuff", which was usually just that old conga heavy breakbeat sampling and something like Planet Rock they treated as "popping music" which I thought was kind of stupid

well, what kind of music do you listen?

These days math-rock, but I move to anything really. I just really like moving to music, it's so fucking zen-inducing for me.

youtube.com/watch?v=gErewwoXtN4

^What I got on right now. Though I do understand if I wanted to get into it I'd have to get actual dance music.

Yea man!
Not a breaker, do more urban choreo? Idk how to describe it lol

I can kinda vogue in a very amateurish way

>urban choreo

like pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=cfOa1a8hYP8

I'm a footwork god

me too

teklife til tha next life

I like to watch cute girls dance.
Does that count?

I tried incorporating some vogue in my liquiding before.

Sometimes having a practical motivation can really help, like wanting to lose weight or wanting to learn something that has a martial arts feel to it that could be incorporated into self-defense.