Surprise, sometimes

surprise, sometimes...

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Cxu3ZbUc_BA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

hands away is the best track

There is no bad song on this album

I disagree. It reaches some points of greatness, but it doesn't compare to the bands that influenced them like the Chameleons, Stone Roses or the fucking Joy Division comparison everyone makes. I don't like his lyrics. 6.5-7/10 album with a few 10/10 moments.

I disagree entirely, but fair analysis and I can see why you would feel that way.

one day we'll live together and life will be better

settling down it takes

time

I will stand by all this drinking if it helps me through these days

It takes a long time just to get this all straight

>its different now that im poor and aging...

youtube.com/watch?v=Cxu3ZbUc_BA

my problem with the lyrics isn't the ".... and stuff... calling my bluff," thing. It's that they seem a little creepy and manipulative to the girl he's talking to.

They are. The entire album is a portrait into a damaged mind. Obstacle 2 is even more on the nose about it.

Leif Erickson is the best Interpol song, at least lyrically

STELLA

chicken wing chicken wing chicken wing chicken wing oh shes bad

>you're so cute when your sedatedddddd

SOMETHING TO SAAAAY
SOMETHING TO DOOO

Untitled is great.

i sort of like this part of the album. Some of the lyrics are pretty crazy when it comes to relationship stuff but its better to hear over the same old stuff.

I find the theme a bit more realistic, interesting, but yet not edgy enough to be cringy since it doesnt really shove the stuff in your face. You gotta listen closely for that.

it's almost like sometimes art intentionally makes you uncomfortable and explores uncomfortable things

but how would you feel if you were a girl who was taken advantage of and manipulated and listened to those lyrics. its not okay

let's just sterilize the whole fucking world then

Women take advantage of men just as much if not more, calm down

but it's not like on Pinkerton where it sounds like he's delivering it with an implied "sorry"

I fucking hate the modifier "okay"

Yes it's fucking okay, it's a goddamn song lyric, it's unsettling, it's supposed to be unsettling, that's the point. Life is often unsettling. Fuck your safe zone.

okay; and? what's the point here? it's not supposed to be limp and apologetic.

you have a pathetic, rigid imagination

>these fucking tumblr posts
its a good album with great lyrics guys, stop being so triggered and post feels

>tfw left my urge in the icebox

oh my god fuck off with that

Can you just go back to red dit holy fuck stop ruining my interpol feels thread you waste woman

alright, I mean that's not true, but it doesn't validate any of the very stupid criticisms of TOTBL going on here.

No love for for antics here?

>along the way
>Tears drown in the wake of delight
>there's nothing like this built today
>you'll never see a finer ship in your life

I don't think you are supposed to sympathize with the narrator. At least not directly. What makes the lyrics effective is they convey the dark thoughts of an emotionally broken man. Because of this, I don't think the lyrics are suppose to be taken literally.