Whats better pearl jam or nirvana ?

whats better pearl jam or nirvana ?

Pearl Jam is a good band

fight me fgt

Hole

AiC

pearl jam

Courtney plz

Pearl Jam sounds hopelessly outdated by now. Those booming arena sounding drums, overemotional vocals and constant guitar solos. Ten was basically a glam metal record disguised in grunge aesthetic.

sounds like you never made it past Ten

This is true

Ten is mediocre at best, but most other pearl jam is pretty good. Vs. is great, but on the whole the band is a bit underwhelming. I used to be gig into them. Nirvana is similar. Nevermind teeters on very bad and mediocre. A few great songs (lounge act, something in the way, come as you are) scattered among a sea of utter shit. but in utero is a fantastic album with maybe two songs that arent excellent. Bleach is okay. Would be great if the melvins hadnt already perfected that sound a few years prior.

Both bands are good, but their contemporaries are far superior in my opinion. Soundgarden, AiC, and Smashing Pumpkins (especially) destroy them.

The first two Hole albums are better than anything Nirvana ever did aside from In Utero.

Nirvana. Pearl Jam is easily the worst band of their era, hopelessly cheesy grunge

Calling the Smashing Pumpkins grunge is pretty inaccurate, they really really weren't playing grunge music on Siamese Dream or Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness, or Adore. The only album they really even approached grunge was on Gish.

They definitely took influences from certain grunge bands and on certain songs had a similar sound or aesthetic, but to me it's the equivalent of calling Slint a hardcore punk group.

i didnt ever call them grunge. Thats not what i meant, i just called them their contemporaries because they were alt rock and around a certain time. And played shows together.

Smashing Pumpkins are my favorite band, my favorite album from them being adore, or MC&TIS. it depends on the day

Ah alright, I just misunderstood you then lol. Never mind.

Now if it were VS up there maybe I would see eye2eye with you but Ten is overrated as shite

Nirvana sucks.
Pearl Jam is pretty good.

On second thought, Live Through This is better than In Utero as well.

Alice In Chains>Hole>Nirvana>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Pearl Jam

After falling in and slightly out of love with Live Through This, Nevermind is by far the better pop rock album

My asshole makes better sounds then pearl jams music, horrendous band.

Sup Forums can't get out of its ass regarding nirvana. But they're always talked about

My Bloody Valentine.

Pearl jizzle my nizzle

Nevermind gets pretty samey and monotonous for me after a while. LTT has enough variety to remain interesting and enjoyable throughout even with a couple of the songs on it being total throwaways.
Hole had a far better drummer than Nirvana at that point as well.

Pearl Jam.

PJ

>oldfag checking in

Smells like teen spirit came out when I was a freshman in high school and blew our fucking minds. Hard for some if you to really understand before the Internet, but we had never heard anything like that before.

Pearl jam was like pop-grunge.

if eddie vedder had sense he would have killed himself years ago

You don't know what you're talking about

Pearl Jam

>Pearl Jam vs memevana
u answered your own question op.

The one whose singer still has a head