King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard > Tame Impala

King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard > Tame Impala

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!jQVQzKwB!r3jvlGpHYXqTi9i60w_4dbPEbWvUdx7aNxWydIrtU4c
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Muddy Waters shirt

legit

This is King Gizzard? I always pictured some old bearded guy.

>said no one ever

tame impala is so far above the majority of modern music it isnt even funny, they are literally the best band on earth at the moment

>they are literally the best band on earth at the moment

king gizzard is more original and have more interesting sounds in their music. tame impala is just a beatles rip off. tame impala is just the most popular rock band nowadays, but not the best. if you really think that, you need to listen to more modern music

>tfw emu egg deluxe version came today

kek okay kiddo

True.
Head on pill is fantastic.

There's a lot of things better than Tame Impala

Quality > Quantity

where should i start?

KG has some nice rough edges that same impala got choked out of them a long time ago on their world domination drive

higher energy too.

>king gizzard is more original and have more interesting sounds in their music.
wow YOU need to listen to more music, kiddo, they are literally just as much of a revivalist band as tame impala if not moreso

they are basically the Love of this generation

im not complaining at all either, i love both erm "Love" the band and also King grizzard, but i also think tame impala is way better and has a much more beautiful/interesting sound imo

objectively, tame impala's Lonerism is better than any king grizzard release

I recommend pic related.
Here, have a link. 320 kbps
mega.nz/#!jQVQzKwB!r3jvlGpHYXqTi9i60w_4dbPEbWvUdx7aNxWydIrtU4c

>original sound
its literally garage rock (ala Ty Segall, thee oh sees) with some more noodling, and longer more varied structures.

thanks man i was wondering what the emu egg looked like. are you in the US?

>band has seven members

Nah in Aus, yours will probably come in like 2-3 weeks. Worth the wait though.

would it be to much to ask if you could take a picture of the other side of the poster?

Here's other side of the poster, other side of the sleeve and inside the gatefold.

They copied otc

They're two different kinds of psych rock so they're not really comparable. Tame Impala is more Beach Boys/Beatles-esque while King Gizzard sounds more similar to the 13th Floor Elevators and heavy psych.

That being said, I agree.

>Responding

It's literally a meme dude.

The only reason someone could possibly reasonably think this is because KGLW is more prolific than tame impala. Every single Tame Impala album and EP is better than every single King Gizard album and EP. Also nonagon is completely overrated with an 8 or so aggregate (metacritic its an 81, ptichfork it was an 8, fantano was a "solid 8"). It basically sounds like a more tasteful "Gun" or something. They bring literally nothing to the table. That being said both are good bands/outfits.

Tame Impala aren't particularly similar to the Beach Boys.

Currents is worse than absolutely everything released by KGLW.

Musically, not really, but that picture really does kind of look like OTC.

I mean both are copping styles from the same era.

Agreed, AnCo is a good example of a Beach Boys-esque psych band

>punchy drums
>pink floyd bass lines
>no harmony vocals unless you count echo and reverb muddying his voice
>sounds like the Beach Boys
what the fuck are you talking about

They both suck.

>They bring literally nothing to the table
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

fuck yiou i wanted this but it was sold out

nope, now that I think about it, Currents is probably middling in King Wizards discog, but other than that TI is better

Even then, they only really started featuring Beach Boys elements with Sung Tongs.

Olivia Tremor Control is probably the best example.

???

Thanks man