Be Zach Hill

>be Zach Hill
>play a continuous drumroll while other people compose music in your immediate vicinity
>get hailed as a genius

What a genius!

>compose

surprise twist ending: he is the one who composes a lot of it

>be that one loser nobody remembers
>steal sections of other songs
>add BOOM BOOM CLAP drums
>add zach hill SO RANDUM drums
>hailed as genius

>be mc ride
>yell like a chimp over background music
>hailed as genius

all of death grips are talentless hacks

Thats the point, every part of the band just does the loudest, most, obnoxious thing possible, and it sounds kinda cool

Please have sex

I thought the most obnoxious thing Zach Hill could do was Hella desu

I don't think anyone thinks of him as a genius OP. He's a standard drummer with quirk who bleeds all over his shit.

This

Death grips is the emperors new clothes of rap

Everything after exmilitary is complete nonsesnse gobbly gook trash noise

you are biggest pleb on the planet

Thank FUCK you are back.
Wanna join Montieboys?

death to tripfags

Agreed

He gets too much credit for Hella (Spencer is really good) but he does make the majority of the music for DG, not Andy. And all his solo albums are great. Church Gone Wild is insane.

same

>but he does make the majority of the music for DG, not Andy.
if this is true, what does andy do? bob his head like a manic at live shows?

>he does make the majority of the music for DG, not Andy.
false, andy is the true genius of the group
>all his solo albums are great.
true

according to a friend of mine who has known people to play in Hella, there are horror stories about Zach Hill.

Apparently Hill would borrow drum pieces from friends, also drummers, for small or large time tours. He would bring them back very damaged, usually coming back from just one or two sets, and at one point destroyed a few pieces of a kit live on stage.

I would not let him borrow a piece if you know him.

fuck... im getting troled...

You're trolling if you think that's true. He's got several solo releases, and by solo I mean literally solo, where he performs everything by himself. He has a lot of collabs as well but he's a driving force behind the writing process a lot of times even then.

He also can write "regular" drum parts too. He wrote the drums for Team Sleep's albums and more I can't recall off the top of my head.

The only issue is that people say DG is rap. It's not. ExMilitary was but that's it.

>this whole thread

k so when the rapper with a rap name is rapping what am I supposed to call it?

don't worry

MC Ride raps on most DG songs?

DG is a lot of different elements combined to make something unique. I've never liked them that much personally. MC Ride is a rapper, but also a painter and other shit. Zach Hill is a math rock musician and Flatlander is a hacker from the Matrix or something. Point is they have a lot of influences, and I think DG started as rap but quickly grew into something else.

Regardless, in a musical context, MC Ride's primary role is as a rapper.

If you don't think he's rapping, listen to just the vocals from the songs. It's clearly rap, no matter what the lyrics or the volume.

You can't be that literal with genres though. Ride might be rapping, but they still aren't rap songs.

If a metal guitarist played metal inspired riffs for a rap instrumental does that mean it's a metal song? If a rock singer jumps on an EDM song does that make it an EDM song?

>you can't be a rapper and a painter

literally wat

lol faggorts sucking cum
lol
you faggots

>Flatlander is a hacker from the Matrix or something

Fuck is that a hairstyle?

zach did his own production on his solo work
did a lot of production with hella
does half if not more of the production in death grips