youtube.com/watch?v=6JzG-g8Yrs0
youtube.com/watch?v=NOIF7iUn-Z8
pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/11/grime-hip-hop/
youtube.com/watch?v=yDHXvyk4yK0
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Shits kinda cool don't really fuck with grime but I like skepta and stormzy

entertaining album but fucking hell the dude needs a ghostwriter
worlds worse than anything on kanye's last two

i agree that his lyrics are bad but i feel like thats what makes grime music kind of fun. just how fucking ignorant it is. i dont think it should be taken seriously cuz that would take the whole purpose away from it

can we just make this a /grime/ thread?

anyone here listen to rocks foe?

soundcloud.com/astarocks/rocks-hold-that-l-6-music-radio-rip

>fucking with

How irrevocably embarrassing for you.

anyone got a DL link

/thread

I'd like him if he'd chat over grime instrumentals instead of trap beats

wish there was more new material on the album

regardless of how good tracks like That's Not Me are, we've had them for ages

Wankers like Skepta are the reason grime is shit now. These glorified hype men with their nursery rhymes have destroyed what would have been an interesting and deep instrumental genre. BBK, JME, Skepta, Stormzy and Giggs can all fuck off.

This is true. But then the "96kbps shouting unintelligibly over generic dubstep" tracks of the early 2000s were equally shoddy. You really have to dig for decent grime imo; there was never really a consistent era.

Yeah, they're the ones dragging it through the mud, especially stormzy.

>bought the t shirt
>bought the album
>album has songs on that are 3 FUCKING YEARS OLD ON
it's still good though, MAN GET PUSSY WITH THE GANG

Last year's releases was better than this year will be

>Money over everyone 2
>Sick individual 3
>Junk food
And that was real grime not this trap hip hop shit.

Flowdan LP out in July, I believe.
Gonna be good.
youtube.com/watch?v=8X5ZdxJmDTs
youtube.com/watch?v=komzpbQFQfg

DUDE LOOK AT ME I TRAVEL FIRST CLASS IM SO RICH HAHAAHAAHHAH OY BRUV LOOK AT THIS STAMP M8 SEE FIRST CLASS MEANS I COULD AFFORD TO PAY EXTRA MONEY FOR A WIDER SEAT BECAUSE I HAVE SO MUCH MONEY HAHA #RICH ALSO IM FROM LONDON

Songs are old but still fun to listen to at least I can listen to these songs without hearing "WESTWOOD" every 10 seconds

Too many tracks we've already heard on it. Personally think That's Not Me, It Ain't Safe, and Ladies Hit Squad should've been dropped in favour of other tracks.

But overall the album is really solid. I enjoyed it a lot.

>These glorified hype men with their nursery rhymes

That's literally all grime is and all it's ever been.

D Double E became a legend with the completely serious and unironic lyric
>i got money in the bank i'm a banker
>you ain't got money in the bank you're a wanker

His flow is as tight as possible, the beats are true to grime while adding a modernized flavor to the approach, and his similes are honestly better than most. It's hip-hop, it's going to have lines that are laughable, that's part of the charm. I feel like, given time, this album could be this decade's Hell Hath No Fury.

Yo, senpai
Yo, Chip
Talk to me, man
Where are you, though? Who are you with?
I'm on my Js, blud
Sound, man. This ting has got me, blud, I'm not gonna lie, senpai. I'm not gonna front, senpai. Mad pressures from every angle, senpai
Yeah?
It's come like I'm too ambitious to be with the mandem on the road but, I'm... like... I can't be up there with them people either... you know what I'm saying? I'm too black to be up there, you see what I'm saying, senpai? I don't know, I feel like... I feel like I'm in limbo, Chippy. I feel like I'm in limbo, senpai
Senpai, you're going mad, senpai. I've been, I've been waiting to speak to you, senpai. You're going way too mad, senpai. Like what the fuck did you mean like you don't know why I mentioned your name, senpai? Like North London, senpai. You got the call from God to do something deeper, bro. Like, go got the call to go and make everyone look at everything else that is happening over here, senpai. You get me? That's a deeper calling, bro. Like them callings there, it's not everyone's phone that gets that ring ring there, you see what I'm saying, senpai? Like super powers senpai, super charged, bro
I hear that, senpai
Like just being you alone, senpai, niggas getting to watch. You're doing what you're supposed to do, bro. Cuh we ain't seen nuttin' like this happen before. Who's seen the country flip on its head like this, senpai? These youts don't know what's going on, senpai. They ain't got a fucking clue, senpai. Independent to the T, senpai. Love, brudda, man. I needed that powers. Power up senpai, I don't even like hearing you sound like this, blud. I needed them. The mission's deeper right now. Love, brudda. Mad. Alright, senpai, I'm gonna shout you, man. What you saying though, everything good?
Blud, love you bro, man, just do what you gotta do. Man's doing what I gotta do, senpai. You already know, bro. Powers. Powers.

>all those senpais

hmu with that DL link senpai

dopefile .pk/k49v27hbzbfa

youtube.com/watch?v=6JzG-g8Yrs0

He's so good in this set. He just doesn't fucking stop spitting.

He starts rapping in some African language at around 16:10 as well. He's levels above the majority of the scene. Even Trim's blown away by the kid.

>be Novelist
>work for years, become man who's expected to lead grime to a new era
>finally get your big break with a feature on grime legend Skepta's highly anticipated album
>spit the same bars he spits every single day

That's my biggest beef with the genre. They all repeat bars all the time.

Novelist should've got another verse.

I loved it. I've waited a long time for this and it did not dissapoint. Been bumping on repeat the entire day.

He's not Nas, but that's not the point either. Grime is basically hypemusic aka ignorant shit to bump at clubs. The guy has an incredible flow, great energy, and a distinct sound. But the real stars of the album is his insane beats.

This, except this is not hip hop. Rap, sure, but grime culture is its own thing and is a lot closer to dance/electro and punk than anything else.

suck your mom.

PS: If I could show anyone one video that perfectly encapsulates grime, this would be it:
youtube.com/watch?v=NOIF7iUn-Z8

That skit drags the whole album down. I fear the day I forget to skip e end and have to Chipmunk's rambling bollocks.

>this is not hip hop
>rap,sure

Grime fans are the fucking worst.

It's about reusing your bars in different ways.

I agree that Rocks is sick, but you copypaste this every fucking grime thread.

Good Example is Flowdan on Bullet Ah Go Fly

Kek ITT no one knows what's Grimes about

Lmao rap is a sub genre of hip hop you dunce

grime is on par with meme rap with only 5% of it actually being good

t. south london man

listen to it.
if you don't recognize some of the stuff Flowdan chats on it, you're absolutely clueless.

What do you mean

wrong post

Because no one ever responds.

Chip is sick though.

Safe bigman.

Literally the only people with good taste itt

Fuck off with stormzy and bbk you shitcunts

leave my countries music alone reeeeeeeee

Rap is an act, something you do, hip hop is a culture, Hip hop is a stylistic influence to grime, but they are not the same. Grime is as much dancehall and drum&bass as it is hip hop.

Would you also claim that Kwaito is hip hop because it features rapping? If so, please educate yourself.

See some interviews with skepta at american radio stations, or just google "grime hip hop" and you'll figure out pretty fast that grime is not regarded as hip hop by most artists nor fans.

Also, read this (shitty website, good article):
pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/11/grime-hip-hop/

I swear this board is filled with fourteen year olds

the track with Pharrell is LIT

that chip skit is stoopid fammm.

but da riddims is gud. straight vibes famm

youtube.com/watch?v=yDHXvyk4yK0

Have you actually tried listening to the conscious UK urban artists? they are all licking JCole and Kendricks bums and end up making whiny and boring fucking shit music. At least Skepta and JME have blatant skill the people who are looking for the deep stuff are just making shit music

fag

I have about as much respect for Skepta as I do for the dogshit on my shoe. It is reddit. It is video game hotpocket. It is capeshit. It is cheeto dust. I'm literally screaming right now and slamming my arms down on my desk just thinking about it.

It is the most depraved video game infantilized manchild degeneracy. It is saturday morning cartoon. It is non-neurotypicality. It is memes. It is video game. It is SJW. It is memes. I am seething.

Why was everyone hating on this tune?

He genuinely went in desu. Glad he's finally getting the respect he deserves.

Yeah he went pop but most big name grime MCs aside from Jme have done desu. Skepta, Dizzee, Ghetts, Dot Rotten, Kano, Lethal Bizzle, Wiley, have all gone pop.

nice post famalam

yawn

grimes always been that way.
and skepta is half the reason it even exists at all.

also "deep and interesting" instrumental grime is still being put out (new gobstopper desu)

thats what makes it so great.
grime is mind-numbingly stupid and 100% sincere.

Skepta the last hope from UK

What about Kano?

Really disappointed that his newest album wasn't grime desu.

3 wheeled up sounds grimey.

Yeah there were grime songs on there but only like 3 or 4.

I like the album, but it's like only bangers?

Has grime like devolved as a genre? It's like only bangers now.

What happened to the chiller more emotional grime tracks like Together, Wifey Riddim, Signs In Life, etc? What happened to those beats? They just kinda disappeared. It's strictly bangers nowadays. Has to be ignorant banger music.

Take Kano's album for example. It was full of really clever lyricism and vivid heartfelt storytelling but only on the non-grime tracks. All the grime tracks were just ignorant generic bangers that weren't even THAT great.

Really don't get it.

Grime is the goat genre. Interesting in all aspects. First band i liked was NDubz lol.

Hip hop needs to fuse with that, the best hip hop are the non-real hip hop, you feel me?

Well, Grime has alwyas mostly been about the bangers, considering how it's born out of garage/dancehall and such, but I still do hear chill grime every now and then.

Text me back on Konnichiva was pretty chill, Same shit different day on blacklisted, etc. Bugzy malone has a few chiller songs, etc. But yeah, chilled out grime is pretty rare.

Too many old tunes

I'm sad he didn't put Top boy on it. That was a banger

This is a really great album desu.

I didn't expect too much but he's definitely really impressed me here.

I feel like I'd absolutely love this album if we hadn't already heard so much of it. I envy the Americans who get to go into this blind without having heard the singles.

Once upon a time there was a shitty Garage MC that was tired of getting paid minimum wage just to hype up crowds while the DJ was mixing tracks. So the shitty MC ripped off the garage sound and called his garbage tracks 'eskibeats'. The goal of creating the eski sound was to reverse the roles: now the MC is the center of the stage and the DJ is just a prop. This enraged the garage scene and the grime scene alienated itself from good producers. They now had to come up with their own instrumentals. These tracls were so horrible that being a Grime MC evolved into screaming absurdly loud so the crowd didn't notice how horrible the music sounded compared to the old garage and contemporary dubstep music.

15 Years later, a grime MC went to a show during fashion week and it shut down.

Not p money