Wake-up light

Is anyone using a wake-up light? What's your experience?

I use an alarm clock because I am not a soyboy

Don't tell me it's already claimed by soytards? The idea is neat and I wanted to try it one day.

The idea is soyboy as fuck. You should be woken by the sun or natural sleep cycles. Alarm clock if you haven't mentally trained yourself.

your reasoning is lacking (i.e. retarded)

>makes no sense

>having the luxury to wake up whenever the sun comes up
Sound pretty soy to me man

Ive got the philips one, pretty shit desu.

although ive got pretty bad sleeping patterns(DSPD) so might not be a good test case

No its a botnet

I took part to an experiment: I had to wear neural sensors during the night, activity sensor during the day and I spent a week without the lamp, 1 week with, and another week without.
I have to admit that that lamp was pretty nice, and having the lights on helped a bit to wake.
Actually, it didn't change so much my neural activity or whatever, but in the graphs I slept better during the night, and I wasn't stressed during the morning. Probably I'll buy one
>inb4 the jews shilled me with neural waves during the night

Not if it runs Gentoo.

I was testing this model btw. It played ambient sound with water and fucking birds to wake you up, with increasing volume.

Had one for nearly a year, one of the best things I've ever bought.

Why did you quit?

lel

Well, in the morning I could have seen the graphs of my sleep, how much I was moving, REM, deep and light sleep times... Was exciting. It was almost 5 years ago, I haven't bought one of this
yet, but sometimes I'm still missing it. Tell me this isn't a juden trickery.

Boss said he'd fire me if I was late to work again.

please go on

medium kek

Do you actually wake up from the light or is it mostly the sounds it makes?

getting woken up is already shit. no way around it.

I had one
It was constantly buzzing/humming and the sounds it plays while waking you up sound like real media audio encodings from the '90
So it's a good idea but the quality is absolute garbage
Returned it after a few hours

Both, the sound wakes you up, but the light makes it easier.

yeah it's pretty neat but I didn't bother to replace the one I had when it broke.

I have this one since ages, it's still good

Bought a Xiaomi Yeelight RGB. Does literally the same thing for 10% of the Phillips light's price.

Works pretty well desu

got a hue light setup with a sleep tracking app on my phone.
but been sleeping with eyemask lately so my watch wakes me up with the alarm while the light turns on to keep me awake.

>mental gymnastics: the post

Works well with my smart mirror to remind me to take my daily soylent breakfast

They work too clunky as if they were made 15 years ago. Almost no options and the ones available are a pain to change.

Just get smart led lights in your house and make them turn on gradually early in the morning. Go for some extra bright ones perhaps since you can dim them anyway.

I had both setups. Wakeup light has many small issues that feel like you're being ripped off. It could be so much more if they fucking made things easier and more customizable and not a pain in the ass.

I use a window with an alarm on my phone as a backup because I'm not a fucking retard.

>try it one day.
Get an LED strip and an Arduino. You can make one in an hour or two. No need for it to be a distant dream.

gf forced one one me. I guess it works. Definitely makes staying in bed more annoying. Still use in conjunction with AUR alarm-clock-applet though, since it has shit speakers.

If she hadn't forced it on me, would've been much cheaper to DIY.

"Sonic Bomb" from amazon was pretty effective too.

>not waking up by the sun
Sounds like wagecuck nonsense

It vibrates your bed and is really loud.

i'm a neet so i wake up whenever the fuck i want

take that wagies

>Is anyone using a wake-up light? What's your experience?

I bought one for a friend about 10 years ago. It was one of the first gen Phillips wake up lights. When it comes to waking up, it was absolutely useless to me. neither the light nor the "noise" features helped me wake up more peacefully or more naturally.

However, the best thing about that light was the ability to put me to sleep quickly, I always had trouble falling asleep, takes me half a hour most of the time, but that lamp has a doze off mode, where it essentially does the opposite of waking you up. It goes from full flight to off in gently almost sunset like type light, that made it amazing to fall asleep with.