Why is this not their best album?

I've listened to other and never seemed to enjoy them as much. Is it something I will get in more listens? (I hated OKC at first but then I listened to it again)
Why isn't this the best album?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_NvVMUcG8
youtube.com/watch?v=X3pPvCo-Rt0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

What ?

It is though

Sup Forums seems to hate this one and call it overrated

because electioneering is in it

Electioneering used to be my favorite song on this album don't understand the hate.

Also thom has said that high and dry is a bad song.

And it's a great song

OK Computer is practically pop rock: the forms are simple verse-chorus, as done before on their first two records and almost never again visited afterwards. The music is less lively due to less interesting dissonant ideas as in albums like Kid A and HTTT and TKOL. It was made as a final marketing push and Radiohead has never truly believed it any more than Pop.

>verse pop
What about paranoid android?

Compare these two tracks: the first from OKC, the second from Kid A.
youtube.com/watch?v=-Z_NvVMUcG8
youtube.com/watch?v=X3pPvCo-Rt0

The former I see sung by an obnoxious 80's Pop idol, looking for approval. It's stuck to its conventions thoroughly.

The latter I see as an art-rock band bravely tackling texture and atmosphere in their writing.

I don't disagree but In Limbo is just meh and boring

>but In Limbo is just meh and boring
Except not at all.

In Limbo is probably my favorite on Kid A

i d i o t e q u e

But in limbo is great

I prefer The Bends desu, but I think OC is a more unified album.

because Kid A and In Rainbows exist

>implying people think OK Computer isn't their best album.

Even Radiohead think it's their best.

firm believer in the 0110 playlist makes it a real fuckin experience

idk which is their best but i think they peaked in different music directions with each album, obvi ok computer was perfecting alt rock, then kid a created a genre, in rainbows was just beautiful and ear candy. even the bends mastered their guitar work and the king of limbs still needs time but its use of loops is v interesting to me at least. and its got some really well written songs. so honestly they perfect whatever direction they chose to go in

Thom Yorke literally hates OK Computer.

electioneering is an absolute shit song and it's a shame because of the incredible quality of basically every other song on the album

>practically pop rock

please stop this meme criticism. it IS pop. great pop

>Let Down
>conventional
>bad

Its not a bad album. but Kid A just does what OK Computer does significantly better.

let down is the best song on OKC, followed by no surprises

>I don't disagree but In Limbo is just meh and boring
It's one of the best tracks.

OKC is often rated the highest of their discography. And for a good reason, too. While it may not have the cool nifty electronic stuff from their later albums, and while a lot of the songs (not all of them) rely of verse chorus structures, it has the most interesting composition by far of all their albums being most progressive rock-like than any of their other albums. There's more variety in notes and keys here while also being the most polyphonic of all their work.

Their albums before OKC were more like mainstream rock and didn't have that complex bent to it. All albums after OKC rely too much on electronic music's approach to repetition to be able to have the progressive rock style ideas that were on OKC.

>Even Radiohead think it's their best.
The only one I'd imagine thinking that would be Ed.

Literally one of their all time best songs.

>Thom Yorke literally hates OK Computer.
He doesn't hate it, he's just tired of it.

Difference.

Anyone would get tired of playing the same thing for 20 years.