Post extremely embarrassing battles and/or wars

Post extremely embarrassing battles and/or wars.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerra_do_Paraguai
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karánsebes
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

O B S E S S E D

paraguay Vs argentina uruguay and the big as fuck imperio do brazil

I wonder what sort of soup

oops forget the link
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paraguayan_War

Prolly chicken.

kek i had no idea about that. Why the fuck did Paraguay thought it was a good idea to attack those 3 countries?

We've had a similar one where we wen't back for a borrowed hat we left behind, but it's not on wikipedia.

It was just one guy running away from cannon fire to retrieve his friend's hat, kek.

This one was weird as fuck en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_for_Castle_Itter

i dont know read this i think they want sea or some shit even the president and his son die
pt.wikipedia.org/wiki/Guerra_do_Paraguai
ultra kek

>pirates
>choctaw warriors
>farmers
vs
>royal marines

>A bunch of french celebrities team up with an american armored division, a group of german soldiers and a Waffen-SS officer to repel a 150-man force of Waffen-SS soldiers from invading a medieval castle.

Why isn't this a movie?

Fucking chinks, man D:

HOW

ikr? It's one of the few Battles I can say I love without feeling guilty
Others being pic related and the fucking Korean Axe Murders
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axe_murder_incident
>Americans try to cut down a tree to get a better view at North Korea
>Norks murder Americans over a fucking tree
>America is full on I'VE HAD ABOUT ENOUGH OF THIS SHIT
>Round up S Korea and get some jets and a fucking battalion's worth of soldiers, S Koreans with claymore mines strapped to their chests because they're crazy fuckers
>Force N Korea to watch as we chop down their PRECIOUS FUCKING TREE and they can't do anything to stop us
Truly American.

USA has the best k/d

zhang xun wins
FATALITY

that battle never even happened.

Those numbers must be off

They're true, read the article, it's fucking hilarious
>"Peter himself was unhorsed. He cried out, "I am the king!" but was killed regardless."

US history in general

I love my image and how often it's reposted

The aragonese king died at second 1 and the army routed.

Reminder that the english translation is missleading and changes the meaning of Peter's last words.

Mind telling us the meaning of his last words?

Spanish:
>Pedro el Católico había decidido probar su valía como caballero cambiándose la armadura con uno de sus hombres para enfrentarse como simple caballero a Simón de Montfort, el objetivo cruzado era el de matar al monarca a cualquier precio25 porque la defensa de la Iglesia justificaba todas las acciones,8 y así se lo encargó a dos de sus caballeros, Alain de Roucy y Florent de Ville, que abatieron al caballero que vestía la armadura real y después al propio rey cuando éste se descubrió al grito de «El rei, heus-el aquí!» ('Aquí está el rey'),26 a pesar de haber acabado con algunos de sus atacantes
>Peter the Catholic had decided to prove himself as a knight changing armor with one of his men to duel as mere knight Simon de Montfort, but the crusaders goal was to kill the monarch at any costs25 because the defense of the Church justified all actions , 8 and so he ordered two of his knights, Alain de Roucy and Florent de Ville- They brought down the gentleman who wore the royal armor and then the king himself when he discovered himself with the cry of "El rei, heus-elaquí! '('Here is the king'), 26 after finishing with some of his attackers.

>Pere el Catòlic, havia decidit provar la seva vàlua com cavaller canviant-se l'armadura amb un dels seus homes per enfrontar-se com simple cavaller amb Simó de Montfort, però l'objectiu croat era matar al rei a qualsevol preu[20] i així ho va encarregar a dos dels seus cavallers, Alain de Roucy i Florent de Ville, que van abatre primer el cavaller que vestia l'armadura reial, i després el mateix rei, quan aquest es va descobrir al crit de El rei, heus-el aquí!, tot i haver acabat amb alguns dels atacants.
>Peter the Catholic, was determined to prove his worth as knight changing his armor with one of his men to confront Simon de Montfort as a simple knight, but the crusader's goal was to kill the king at any cost [20] and so ordered two of his knights, Alain de Roucy and Florent de Ville, which dismounted the knight wearing the royal armor first, and then the king himself, when he revealed himself at the shout of "the king, here it is!" despite having defeated some of the attackers. [21]

So basically the english article translates the "I'm the king" sentence as a beg for mercy, with this "killed regardless" thing. But "El rei, heus-el aquí!" was a taunt, a challenge (also a pretty retarded decision). This is important because Peter was retarded but bold, a hero from the Navas de Tolosa, not a coward.

That's not that embarrassing. The British were vastly outnumbered and undersupplied, fighting against very well trained zulu warriors.

Fair enough.

>Very well trained natives armed with only spears and shields
>Up against gatling guns and martin henry rifles
This is sadder than defending the Emu War, Bong.

>little turtle

hahahahahhahahahaha

Actually they were surprised and couldn't prepare the Gatling guns nor get enough ammo tbf

Gatling guns weren't deployed at Isandlwana m8.

Single shot rifles will only go so far when you're outnumbered 10-1.

War wasn't going too bad for us until our best general died of gangrene. If he lived the war would have probably ended in a stalemate, but a total victory for us was just impossible.

This is my favourite one

how.

Battle of Mogilev on 27 June 1581.

Less than 1000 men of the Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth (including 200 hussars under Marcin Kazanowski, ca. 150 medium cavalry under Temruk Szymkowicz and ca. 150 cossack light cavalry under Halibek - as well as armed civilians of the city of Mogilev) - defeated 30000 Russians and Tatars.

Also casualties of Polish-Lithuanian forces were minimal. Defenders of the city lost only 2 wounded people, nobody out of 200 hussars was killed (even though many were wounded - especially by arrows) and only the unit of cossacks under Halibek suffered heavy losses. Casualties of medium cavalry (Petyhorcy) under Temruk are unknown.

friendly fire, mostly. japan had already left when americans and canadians landed on the island, and they killed each other. also, some traps japan left.

The japanese evacuated the island weeks ago.
Casualties comes from the cold weather, a couple of booby traps and land mine + a bonus sea mine for the destroyer.
Ans last but not least americans heard french in their radios and thought it was japanese. So they shot at the canadians who shot back thinking it was the japs attacking.

hilarious

they didn't attack

paraguay was on their accelerated way to become latin america's most developed country, so, as a nigger spic shithole, the rest of it namely being monkeyland, niggaland and pseudoniggaland ganged up on them because spics are non human savages who cannot understand basic economics

fucking lmao

Bla bla bla monkey Argie! Paraguay attacked first, they wanted South Brazil and make a channel to the sea. When López invaded Mato Grosso province, his soldires killed children, raped our women, etc. So they started it, worse; don't even think surrendering when defeating was a clear thing. López, this stupid dictador, brought destruction to Paraguay. But... err... guess who fought at our side?

paraguay and bolivia never will see sea

Italian Quality

Well, that is for sure, at least on our part

The alternate explanation was that Lopez was a retarded lunatic. I think that one is pretty well supported when small children got drafted after literally the entire male population was killed.

i wonder how israel won?

>italians

FUCKING DELET THIS RIGHT NOW

Your pic says it. Paraguay didn't have anyone backing them up. Also Israel had a huge army for their size. It was actually bigger than the combined Arab forces by the end of the 1948 war.

Israel also had no choice but to go to war. Paraguay did so voluntarily.

DELETE THIS

we are not guilty then :D

Solid image, kek

Saved it

Hahaahahah

>Amerilards are so fucking obese that it took an aeroplane to bring the fat boy to the fight

>they didn't attack
they marched their troops over our territories after we told them to fuck off, capturing towns

>cannot understand basic economics
What's this even supposed to mean? That we could trade with them? You retard, the one characteristic Paraguay had at that time is that they went full protectionists.
If you tell Country A not to move through your country and they do it anyways, fucking shit up on its way, you go to war with them you literal nigger

>Paraguay was a supaapowaa

Is this the Argentinian education?

he is just a paraguayfag with proxy

Border conflicts between large countries always fascinate me.

>civilians were eaten

Sorry for my BritBros but i had to post it

>tfw Wikipedia took the kettle out of the causalities on the Kettle War page
No fun allowed faggots.

Holy shit, you're not bullshitting.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Karánsebes

Paraguay was closed and had a good life without relations, but you were molesting Uruguay and Paraguay, that hated you, tried to help that poor little country.

They asked us for help, but we hate them (oh Sarmiento, so wise) and didn't let them cross corrientes, so, when they pass, it was an invation for us. For that, we declared war and sent your soldiers to fight.

You sent niggers that died, and you get mad. We sent niggers and they died too, but we didn't care. After that you sent EVERYONE, a horse and 2 uruguayan go from Argentina, and 70% of the paraguayian males died.