Pitchfork does it again!

>White Lung's newest is more outspoken, more anthemic than 2014's Deep Fantasy, and frontwoman Mish Barber-Way offers provocative challenges to the idea of what it means to be a Good Feminist.

When will it end?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RjxqM5lPUxo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

White Lung is objectively good though.
Show me another active straightforward punk group with guitar chops like that.

>When will it end?
stop posting about them

it's a good album. sorry a review about the album's subject matter triggered you. try actually talking about the music or go cry about it somewhere else

>music
>objective

nice meme

only people with shit taste claim music is subjective

Only people that are insecure about what they enjoy claim music is objective so that they have a rationalization for why they like something that someone else doesn't.

only p4k drones consider music as ever objective. And whatever BNM some cunt like Ian Cohen shits out will be their next rational, objective aoty.

I fucking hate that site so much.

>le cool-headed rational adult argument
That might fly on Reddit, but not here kid. Nobody cares that you are okay with other people's shit opinions. It just means you're a boring mangina. Take your shit taste to another board and go virtue signal there

Nobody cares what Pitchfork thinks
Do you even know what "objectively good" means?
If something's good, then everybody knows it's good. We don't need gatekeepers to convince us of that

Case in point: White Lung
Everybody with good taste likes White Lung
People with shit tastes don't
This is self-evident

If this sort of thing triggers you OP you should just stick to videogames.

>We don't need gatekeepers to convince us of that
ehhh, there's a good number of people on here who won't listen to albums til it's P4k-approved.

I love White Lung, though. Haven't heard their most recent yet.

white lung is an awesome fucking band fo real do

p4k aside

Seriously.
I hate Canadians and I hate women but White Lung is great.

White Lung is the blandest, most non offensive "punk" outfit in years.

Nah that'd be that one tranny band. I forget their name because literally their entire gimmick is being trannies.

Savages?

and youre a fag but we dont bitch about it

No but they're shit too.
Come to think of it most of White Lung's popular contemporaries are really bad.
Algiers, Viet Cong, Perfect Pussy, Metz.
Tons of total garbage being made these days.

Ought reigns supreme.

>being surprised punk music has a message

GLOSS?

Algiers, VC, and Metz blow White Lung out of the fucking water

Listen to Ought, iceage, Big Ups. They're all great.

>Iceage
>great

Ought > Ice Age > Big Ups

People just see the word "feminist" and assume it's SJW bait.

But look closer and you realise it's actually slamming SJWs.

I'm all for this over that transwhatever rubbish from yesterday

Look, more shit taste.

Iceage is good. What's happening in Scandinavia in general is much more fresh than the garbage coming out in North America these days.

>Iceage is good
No, you are the one with shit taste.

How much Punk have you actually heard before. Off the top off my head within 3 seconds i was able to list maybe 9 -10 bands that would play them under the table guitar wise.

Here's a random one..

youtube.com/watch?v=RjxqM5lPUxo

You are literally retarded if you think any artform has any sort of objectivity

Not the user you replied to but the reason I like White Lung is they aren't messy as fuck like most traditional punk I've heard. The guitarist is pretty good, but coupled with Mish (whose vocals I really like) and the drummer and bassist keeping it simple but never letting up, it works for me much more than most. Maybe that's boring for others but I appreciate that consistency across their albums.

>filmed in 1989

I said *active*
get out of here you retarded nerd

>youtube.com/watch?v=RjxqM5lPUxo

Literally a German band from 27 years ago. Not even remotely a comparison that can be made. This is retarded.

White lung have released 3 solid albums in a row. Guitars are very unique and the dude's style is instantly recognizable.

>SORRY you have to fit my random parameters to beat ME in an argument! White Lung is the greatest P4K approved all-female watered-down punk outfit of this month! There's no point in trying to defend yourself, I've already won!

Regardless of the crap that is the pitchfork style guide, the first White Lung album really is great. Haven't heard the new one, but it's probably pretty good too

I spent most of this thread trashing modern American punk. I'm saying White Lung is the best there is to offer atm, which is why "active" was one of my core stipulations

You are retarded and a nerd. Go be retarded somewhere else nerd

There were from California.

Back in 2013 I saw White Lung open for Iceage and they were really fucking good. Their politics are shit but they make good punk music.

>get btfo
>keep harping on semantics

You in Philly?

Can we all agree that White Lung are the best feminist punk band of the 2010s? They're far better than shit like Perfect Pussy.

If that's the best, someone please throw the last shovel of dirt over the grave of the long rotted corpse of punk. It is surely deader than hell,

Connecticut.

>Cecil Taylor is the best free jazz artist around
>Dude what about Duke Ellington
>I'm talking about something else
>Stop being semantic I btfo you

It is pretty bad. It's what happens when you let a bunch of losers who hate fun take over your genre.

>i-i-it's feminist, we swear!

what did pitchfork mean by this?

>I'm saying White Lung is the best there is to offer atm
I was going to argue Iceage are better but then I remembered that Plowing Into the Field of Love was a letdown.
>tfw they'll never top You're Nothing

Is this b8?