>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

Old:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=pOwfLWKfSuY
strawpoll.me/10142694
strawpoll.me/1002066
soundalchemy.com.sg/product-category/electric-guitars/telecaster-electric-guitars/
vocaroo.com/i/s0rBP643beHD
youtube.com/watch?v=xkcULu1_Tmw
youtube.com/watch?v=5fpAFzXC-to
clyp.it/3n5nkvbh
vocaroo.com/i/s1CcUoqwSIC9
chrish.ndo.co.uk/
vocaroo.com/i/s0PoLS4jcswO
youtube.com/watch?v=ZhbYsjl-k9s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

so I just Kanye'd a copy of Rocksmith the other and tried plugging my practice amp's headphone out to a USB audio interface to play the game.

the problem is: the signal that comes out is way too hot for the game to register it properly so my question is this:

is it worth spending 30 bucks on the truetone cable to play the game?

there are mods that let you use a desktop microphone in place of the realtone cable

I just bought the realtone cable though. It works good and was worth it

Turn the gain down on the interface input then m8.

FUCK YOU FLOYD ROSE WHY DID YOU MAKE THIS ABOMINATION WHY DID YOU IGNITE AN ERA OF SHRED WANKSTAINS

>Literally linking to fucking reddit

This board is over

They're fantastic once you get the hang of them. Takes me about an hour to change string gauge, tuning, setup, stretch and tune.

Just another skill to practice. Once they're setup and the strings stretched they're INCREDIBLY stable bridges.

Is been there for two years.

So uh, I have been working on jazz theory and stuff and what I have been getting out of this is..

Play with the 6 a lot, and use tons of tension??

What's the best trem that is easy to set up?
I have a bigsby on my Electromatic and it's the worst thing ever, and strat trem's are ehh.

To the guys who reommended me to "change my pick ups", please also watch this video:
youtube.com/watch?v=pOwfLWKfSuY

What "sounds good" is directly related to what you play. its directly related to the musical context and aesthetic you try to achieve.

It's all about the atmosphere.

>What "sounds good" is directly related to what you play. its directly related to the musical context and aesthetic you try to achieve.
>It's all about the atmosphere.
please shut up
you've been at it for more than twelve hours
everyone knows you're a cunt now

Of course, but remember tone cables are useless if the static from the floor is too high. I can't tell the difference between a TrueTone (tm) cable and a regular one without my static-neutral ToneRug (tm).

I was literally nice towards everyone in here.

i'm just saying the truth.

Don't bait

well I have neither so between getting a desktop mic or getting the truetone cable I think I'll just go for the latter then
I tried, it seems the natural distortion from the amp combined with the amp simulators in the game made the guitar sound unrecognizable

i feel like there's a lot more to it than that

Is there any place I may get mini flying v rosewood body?

The question is why the fuck would you want one?

Im stuck

Im been playing acustic for 1-2 months and I have no idea what song I should learn. Only song i can play is lagrima

What songs sounds nice that even if you cant sing? Doesnt have to be classic.

I wanna be special and fancy

Lord Belial - Forlorn in Silence

strawpoll.me/10142694

Why not?

You were the cuck that bought the wrong guitar for you tbqh. Should've bought a mememaster. :^)
Hello newfriend
I'll start reporting you for shitposting you dumb narcissist fuck. Filters are a blessing. You are beyond retarded at this point to keep hammering on your own ignorance.

>everyone knows you're a cunt now
Everyone knows you started browsing Sup Forums this year now

>implying I'm going to bother caring about every tripfag on this website

I'm actually considering the MIM jazzmaster.. I like how they look man.

And I play lot's of post-rock and shit..

crazyaga has been pretty infamous on Sup Forums for years
now you know why

Block the trem if you want mate, I have an RG655 and without the locks in the nut and the trem locked it's pretty much as good as any other guitar. I want to throw locking tuners in mine just because I am retarded at changing strings.

The only extra hassle would be if you want to start changing gauges, setup is a bit more of a pain.

I haven't even bothered reading your entire post, since you are being mean for no good reason.

I was discussing music and guitars, which is the subject of this thread. you can report me if you want, but since i did not break any of the rules, the mods won't ban me.

If you want to filter me, feel free to do so, it's your choice. it actually might make the environment more pleasant for me to, since i did not come here to be sweared.

I was literally nice towards everyone in here.

You've been fine in this thread, but in the last one you were definitely being pretentious, defensive, and a bit of a dick, to be honest. I've kinda liked you since we talked on omegle once and listened to a Panopticon album together, but I gotta give it to you straight.

Dude, just stop being so goddamn annoying and defensive. You already said the same things in like 5 other posts.
Or just remove trip.

To the guy who was wondering about Japanese fenders, importing is a bitch. Shipping sucks and so do customs and conversion rates. There are some real nice and unique guitars though so it may be worth it to you.

>'nice'
>narcissistic
>preaching ignorance

Yeah, I'm just triggered because you are going to derail this thread, just drop the matter and be happy with your choices in life. All I have to say is that ignorance seems to be bliss.
kek, found this
strawpoll.me/1002066

I'm the guy asking about the Japanese fenders. Well turns out there's a local shop selling them for about 730 USD.. So that's good.

I avoided reading those 4 comments, i was hiding them trying to not read them.

It's because i assume they are probably just some anons in Sup Forums being mean towards me for no reason.

I wish you guys were more friendly towards me and towards each other... it would have been better for everyone

You've struck gold then.

Hows the variety?

The first post there is mine, and I was trying to give you some tough love. Read it.
>I wish you guys were more friendly towards me and towards each other... it would have been better for everyone
I agree with you here, and I agree with you that liking the tone of whatever pickup is subjective, but why are you so against trying another pickup? Why are you so convinced that the pickups your guitar has are the pickups you'd like the best when you haven't even tried any others?
why am i even here

>I need my safe space

It's got all the 50s,60s and the 70s reissues. The 70s is cheapest though, at around 730 USD.

soundalchemy.com.sg/product-category/electric-guitars/telecaster-electric-guitars/

Prices are in SGD.

guitars guys

Oh okay.
It's still almost $1000 CAD.

In fact, everything is just about what you'd expect to pay here after taxes.

Do you think it's a good price?

I looked up Rakuten, and factoring shipping and GST, it should roughly be the same.

Good thing import tax is only 7% here.

Thanks for trying to help me user and thanks for being nice.

I did not say i'm completely closed to trying different pick ups, but i will say i do not like the idea of messing with the electronic parts of my guitar, especially the soldering part since i literally never soldered electronics components.

I think maybe if i will encounter for some reason another Ibanez RG with different pick ups, i will listen to it and see how it differs from mine. but as of now, i'm okay with my current pick ups, especially after seeing in video comparisons that the differences between those pick ups and the Dimarzio pick ups are so subtle that after video compression they are extremely hard to distinguish from one another... when i invest in audio equipment i want to have a significant audible difference, you know.

It's not bad. Its difficult to find MIJs marked down anywhere unless you visit Japan or something.
I don't think you'll find any better, but still take your time before making the decision.

These are things you need to try out in person honestly. You can't really gauge the responsiveness or hotness of pickups from a video.
YouTube videos are hardly helpful.

What pickup "hotness" means?

What app helps me get into guitar? I tried yousician, but you have to pay to learn properly

iirc somebody said the comparison you posted was between other Ibanez in house pickups, not to mention a lot of youtube demos will use some awful microphone. I've never soldered either, but it seems pretty simple, and seems like a worthwhile thing to learn especially as a guitar player. I've NEVER heard anything but bad things about Ibanez pickups though, so that's why everyone is trying to convince you to switch em out.
Also I believe the electronics in most guitars are pretty simple so if you mess it up somehow, you can figure it out pretty easily with google.

vocaroo.com/i/s0rBP643beHD

This comparison is between DiMarzio "the crunch lab" and a v8:
youtube.com/watch?v=xkcULu1_Tmw

If you don't look at the graphs that tell you there is a difference, they are very hard to distinguish from one another.

also, I heard some people say the V8 and V7 are not nearly as bad as some people say they are, but that doesn't really matter, even if everyone else thought they are bad, i really like the sound of the clean v7 myself for the type of music i make. how good a pick-up is, is directly related to what music you play using it.

Kahler. Seriously.

Doesn't matter how many pedals I buy. The pain never stops, the void is always there, and I'll never be happy again.

There's a difference in the clean sounds, it's not very obvious but it's clear enough to be heard.

Distortion on the other hand...

The dirty tones in this comparison sound pretty similar, but the clean demos definitely sound better on the crunch lab. Go with whatever you like though. That's what life is all about

what's a good and not too expensive alternative to floyd rose?

Maybe you will like this:
youtube.com/watch?v=5fpAFzXC-to

Just go with Axe FX2 and you'll have every damn tone in the galaxy.

Plug nothing but the Freeze and the looper and actually play your god damn guitar.

Using effects vastly extend the sounds you can get out of your guitar though.

So does practicing technique.

So.. I decided to compare the Dimarzio Air Norton to the INF1 Ibanez pickup..

Obviously it's not a fair comparision, the Dimarzio guitar has an Edge, while the INF1 uses the Gibraltar bridge. They are strung with .9 and .11 respectively.

Interesting results though. You can hear the Air Norton is much higher output.

clyp.it/3n5nkvbh

The sounds you can get from effects are sounds that you will never get without effects.

dont be ridiculous, i'd rather buy more pedals.

Some of them, maybe

Blasting a hole in your head vastly exteneds the echo, but I don't recommend it.
>maybe in your case?

And the sounds you get from effects will never replace the sounds you can get with technique.

Hey, guys. I'm the beginner who posts in here occasionally. Been about 5 months, now.

What do you think of this picking from the opening of Cello Song?

vocaroo.com/i/s1CcUoqwSIC9

Don't talk shit.
I play bass and the only effect I need is the compression in my amp...

top kek

anybody have any good anime OPs to learn on guitar? I'll post what I've learned in a bit

Air Nortons are bae. Next to the Illuminators/Liquifires they are my waifu neck pup.
user is mean! MEAN!

you've been playing only 5 months?

that was damn good.
Have a tab or anything?

Not just "some of them, maybe"
the sounds effects produce, are sounds you can get ONLY and ONLY through effects.

It all depends what you are looking for. if you look for a chorus sound, for example, you are going to need a chorus effect. if you just want a clean sound, then yes, you dont need to buy a chorus pedal.

It all depends what is your musical vision and what you are trying to achieve.

>vocaroo.com/i/s1CcUoqwSIC9

sounds pretty good broski, how long have you been playing?

>I play bass

stopped reading there

Thanks.
chrish.ndo.co.uk/ - Cello Song

5 months

>Been about 5 months
Very good user, solid progress. Far better than where I was at 5 months.
Have a bird.

nvm misread the 5 months as "been posting here for 5 months", that's impressive

How's that MXR Dynacomp? I'm hesitating between this one and their bass compressor.

Maybe you'll feel better if you put them on a pedalboard.

Today i discovered that writing lyrics is really hard :^)

I've been playing for ten years and I can't do this. Though I never used this picking style

>tfw finally learning to play drums

It's funny because my feet are stupid and it reminds me of back when I couldn't do barre chords

Thanks, guys; I appreciate it.

On the flipside, whilst I'm primarily interested in picking (and Nick Drake in particular), I'm trying to improve my strumming. I don't use plectrums because I think they sound abrasive, but when I use my thumb, it sounds uneven and clunky.

E.g.: vocaroo.com/i/s0PoLS4jcswO

How do I get a mix of softness and percussiveness in strumming?

Try strumming with your finger tips, so your nails hit the strings on the downstroke.

Why in the fuck is Crazyaga coming into the /gg/ threads, he's one of the worst trips of the last few years to be on this board
Holy shit, you're still just buying more effects? Jesus dude, you have an obsession and you only prove it by posting pics including the pedals you don't even use anymore. That said you have some nice pedals

just want to say i love your set up. looks classy as hell

p-bass + ampeg stack makes my dick hard

Yeah his presence is enough to ruin an entire thread. Hate that Israeli faggot. Hope Hamas blows up his house.

I have a 12 string acoustic that I want to connect to my computer to record stuff. There's no electronics inside yet. What is the cheapest way to get this done? I don't want a huge hole for a preamp in my guitar and I don't really want it to be visible.

Soundhole pickup, internal microphone, or piezo bridge are your main options. The first two don't necessarily require permanent modification to your guitar, and the third might not if you're clever.

Buying an interface and a microphone might not be the cheapest, but it is pretty versatile

I cant use a bridge pickup, I think my bridge is pretty non-standard. I'll look into the others, thanks.

K&K Pure Mini

When did you realize how stale and undynamic metal is, and when did you grow out of your shredding phase?

thankfully I've always hated it and never went through a metal phase

shredding phase*

unfair to say I hate all metal, i do like some of its subgenres

Seconding this, you can record pretty much everything with an interface and an SM57.

About one year after starting guitar. I still like it, there are great bands, but I can't listen to most trash/death/black metal, so I mostly stick to technical or innovative stuff.

Except it's not . You're listening to the wrong metal if you think it all lacks dynamics

youtube.com/watch?v=ZhbYsjl-k9s

Hey friends, post rigs

A few years ago. Some of it is still timeless to me like Metallica, Iron Maiden, and Megadeth. Also Black Sabbath's classic lineup is my favorite band but I consider that more stoner rock than metal, which I prefer to metal by far