I just found out that, in Google's TOS, suing them means you are banned from using any of Google's services for life...

I just found out that, in Google's TOS, suing them means you are banned from using any of Google's services for life. That's just not acceptable.

As a guy who's relied on Google since forever, including using Google Fi's cell service, I don't know where to even begin with moving away from them. It seems daunting, especially in relation to the smartphone.

Other urls found in this thread:

eff.org/deeplinks/2018/01/ninth-circuit-doubles-down-violating-websites-terms-service-not-crime
twitter.com/AnonBabble

What's stopping you from making another account?
It's not like they have your name or social security number.

I wonder if suing them means they won't track you or sell your data for life too

ahahahahahahahah

The biggest pain in the ass, for me, was moving away from gmail/webmail. Self-hosted is a nightmare, but I eventually worked it out, without ending up a relay for spambots.

It's not about making another account, it's moving off of their services completely. But even with something as simple as a data plan and smart phone, my only two options are Apple and Google, and I'd still rather go Google in this instance.

you can use degoogled android

名前は?

nice nipponese user
are you sure that 'ha' should be there instead of 'ka'?

I don't see the issue. ha seems more natural and casual than ka.

I know what you asked, I have no idea who she is however.

i've not seen any particles used for questions other than 'ka' and 'ne'. Using the subject particle however seems strange.

It's a shorthand for 「名前は何ですか?」, it's extremely common in spoken Japanese.

You need to watch more anime. It's perfectly logical, understandable conversational Japanese. You can form questions by raising tone without question particle, like in English.

In fact, questions of all kinds are spoken this way. You drop the question clause and just have a subject, 「は」, and rising intonation to indicate a question. E.g.

「個々は何所ですか」->「個々は?」
「今何時ですか?」->「今は?」
「彼は誰ですか?」ー>「彼は?」

I stopped watching anime after I finished all of Toriyama's work on Dragon Ball.

Then read a book Mr Dunning-Kruger.

sounds like hard work. I would only do that to boost my myanimelist stats.

It seems I've successfully derailed another thread. You're welcome.

tell me, do they have onomatopoeia in japanese?

shut up and big asian tiddies

ウア~心はドキドキ~!

I thought japs didn't use interrogation marks.

Maybe a proscriptivist would tell you that, but that's patently absurd

English only outside of Sup Forums.

ggrks

Yes.

I'd pera pera her nihongo if you know what I mean.

looks like James Damore is gonna be stuck using Bing

>個々
>何所
You're not supposed to just press space and let the IM choose any kanji for you.

Who's this semen demon?

>Google's TOS

eff.org/deeplinks/2018/01/ninth-circuit-doubles-down-violating-websites-terms-service-not-crime

There are no problems here user, go back to studying for N6

>you are banned from using any of Google's services for life
how will they enforce that? Everything is automated with them.

it's definitely correct, namae ka seems off

this desu senpai

「名前は何ですか?」 -> 「名前は?」

WHO IS THIS

は is correct there. It's informal, but the full question is implied as is a lot of Japanese in common, everyday use. か should not be used there at all.

as a jap I can confirm. girl is yohio btw

that's incredible
we've got to do something about this reddit
#dicksoutforharambe

if you sue a company or do anything against them they can stop selling things to you, and they could do that before they sold to you too. Only then they didn't have a reason to. Are you surprised?

>I yell at a cashier
>They refuse service to me and I get kicked out the store even if I was justified
>This makes sense

>I sue a company (which uses tax dollars, by the way)
>They refuse service
>This does not make sense

In any case, this is just something they tell you that basically means "p-please don't be mean to us". It doesn't really mean much in the end and you'd probably still be able to use those services one way or another.

Google doesn't want you to not buy from them and TOS's don't really mean shit.

>I just found out that, in Google's TOS, suing them means you are banned from using any of Google's services for life. That's just not acceptable.

I mean, I don't really think that's unacceptable at all, DESU.
If I had a company, and someone sued me, at fault or not, I really probably don't want to deal with that dude ever again if I ever did.

That's exactly why the number of jouyou kanji increases every year

It won't hold up in court, ToS in general don't hold up in court.
They could maybe try something to make your life annoying, but if you have good lawyers it just means more lawsuits and more money for you.

>sue a company because they deny service based on your race, a violation of the civil rights act
>they pay up since you win
>go back to said company for service, thinking they now will serve your race
>they deny you service 'for suing them'
Yea that totally isn't skirting around the law and totally will hold up in court. Totally makes sense amirite?

Doki-Doki ( of Panic and Literature Club fame) is the sound of a heartbeat.

You mean "wa" you spergs.

Time to learn about casual speak.

They do. Often even with か, at least online, because dropping the か adds an upwards inflection to make it sound like a question instead, without the question mark some things could seem like a statement, so they will use the question mark.

that's pero pero (lickity lick).
Pera pera means talking fluently (e.g. used for foreign languages).

Fumina Suzuki

The other user asked what her name is. Read out it's pronounced "namae wa?". Pronouncing a sentence as a question (indicated by ?) and skipping the whole part that writes out the question is valid Japanese. Obviously it's not formal, but the Japanese he used is perfect.

being so confident in your genki 1 level japanese that you think you can school an user on his 100% perfect sentence
this is peak Sup Forums

Companies are entitled to refuse service for any reason. Unless you're a fag, nigger, muslim or cunt. Then they are obligated to serve you under threat of death.

This can only be a good thing. Why would you want to use G***le anyway?

i dont understand how someone could depend on google. i use their email only for receiving spam mail and store my data on my own devices

>all these spergs talking about Japanese grammer
I guess I shouldn't be surprised.
Was it worth it to learn japanese though?