Why do all keyboards have this disgusting chiclet island-style layout now

Why do all keyboards have this disgusting chiclet island-style layout now
I blame Apple for this shit
All keyboards feel like garbage now and there are only a few brands that have moderately decent keyboards.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiclet_keyboard#List_of_early_computers_with_chiclet_keyboards
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i personally like these keyboards

I've used a laptop with a shit chiclet keyboard (XPS 13) and one with a great chiclet keyboard (T470). I even prefer it over my t420's.

T25, my man

I actually really like them

the T470 does have a great keyboard for modern laptops i admit, but the keyboard is still worse than an entry level 2008 hp compaq
Comparing that to my 1998 Compaq, both are utter shit compared to it

Havit Ultra Thin or Tesoro Gram Spectrum

It's retro. Hipsters love retro crap.

Do people even know what Chiclets are anymore?

No, brother oldhead, no.
Retro is mechanical you dingus.

Sounds like somebody has a case of the Mondays. Here's another retro keyboard to cheer you up.

That thing is an abomination.

Last time I looked for a laptop I couldn't find any laptops with decent keyboards besides old thinkpads. I wouldn't call any chiclets decent.

I don't give a fuck whether my keyboard's got chiclet keys or not as long as the actuation force and key travel are good.

>Retro is mechanical you dingus.
They're both retro.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiclet_keyboard#List_of_early_computers_with_chiclet_keyboards

soyboys carry their mechanical keyboards with them. though. just remember to use blue switches so everybody knows how cool you are.

My friend kept a rollup keyboards in his locker and brought it to keyboarding everyday instead of using a standard school-provided Dell keyboard.

fuck yes! thank you

>not posting the pcjr keyboard

best laptop keyboard is unironically the latest butterfly keyboard. I was typing in the store for 30 minutes on it. However, I won't buy an overpriced mb for that.

Personally I hate on Mac just as much as other people on Sup Forums, but I've always loved the way their keyboards feel.

Their scissor switches are great, next best thing to buckling springs.

Never owned a macbook. Do their scissor switches feel as good as these mac keyboards? Are they better than the ones found on the better thinkpads?

My commodore keyboard is older then you, but it’s still chiclet

Idk but the Gigabyte Aero 15 doesn't have a keyboard like this and I find it fantastic.

Weren't there a few key rollover problems with this laptop? I don't care about being able to press 8 keys+ at any given time, but there were a few key press combos I read about which really put me off about the gygabyte aero 15, namely ctrl + shift + arrows. I heard this specific key press combo was fixed via firmware, but others remain.

Naw you gotta get the desktop model. The laptop layout feels far too squashed.

>apple makes something
>everyone copies because apple knows how to sell their product

I-It's all apple's fault guys ;-;

I heard about that as well, which means the software is indeed shit and I agree, (I also read that it got updated with firmware too)

In any case I personally never use such key combinations nor encountered any issues with typing. So it shouldn't be a problem for any non-autists.

More like

Apple makes a decent, but odd keyboard for their desktops that looks good.

They copy the look and feel on the laptops, worse than their previous shit, but do a recognizabily inferior job, but is still somewhat usable..

Other makers play human fucking centepide and make shitty clones that copy only the barest look and feel of the apple shit, but do a terrible job of it.

retarded normies can't tell the difference between shoddy garbage that looks like apple and anything actually good.

The free market speaks, and it's fucking retarded.

Go back to

Feels good

I don't like chiclet keyboards. The most comfortable Laptop keyboards I have used are the old style Thinkpad ones before the X230 and T430 etc. and the keyboards on the Apple iBooks.