There is literally no city in europe as shitty as detroit

There is literally no city in europe as shitty as detroit.

Other urls found in this thread:

imgur.com/a/8xiqn
imgur.com/a/43MuP
youtube.com/watch?v=JAK_1f1Q4AQ
nationalgeographic.com/taking-back-detroit/see-detroit.html
youtube.com/watch?v=jijRIFpSbRY&time_continue=140
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would say probably but then I remembered there's some really shitty southern Italian cities and Russian cities.

Detroit is probably the largest of them all though

You bet?

Where i live is far worst

Also there's worse cities in the US than Detroit, Detroit is just the best known because of its so strong fall from glory. St. Louis is definitely way worse but it's always been shitty so no one cares

Go to any city with a lot of gypsies.

Black people can be shit, but they are still not gypsies.

Actually, the shitty parts of many cities in the US such as Chicago, St. Louis, and Baltimore are worse than Detroit, it's just that Detroit doesn't have that many good parts to mitigate the city-wide shittiness level. At least St. Louis has the Arch.

>implying detroit won't rise again

imgur.com/a/8xiqn

imgur.com/a/43MuP

That's a stretch

Go to Bratislava bitch.

what does baltimore have thats good? the inner harbor? no because even that still has the shitty baltimore atmosphere. fuck baltimore its worse than detroit in city-wide shittiness

Detroit's not even that bad. It's biggest problem is that it's EMPTY.

Detroit is a city of 700,000 people but it was built for 2 million people. Literally over half of the city is empty.

Of course some part of the city isn't complete trash. It would literally not be so large if it was complete trash as everyone would move out because there's literally nothing there.

this desu, I'm embarrassed to be associated with them by proximity

same here man im 20 miles away sometimes the shit leaks into my town

Detroit only has 5 hundred thousand people in it. Plenty of cities in Europe that are worse. Plus rapes in the town center don't happen.

no one wants to live with niggers

i think the harbor isn't so bad but i would def rather live in detroit than baltimore

baltimore nig chimpouts destroy the whole city and attack everyone they see

detroit nig chimpouts are only in black neighborhoods and they're not burning down things in the street and attacking whites.

I run a Call of Cthulhu tabletop RPG. It's set in early 1990s baltimore, the players are private investigators.

Can I please get some tips/info on how I can capture that baltimore atmosphere?

>how I can capture that baltimore atmosphere
youtube.com/watch?v=JAK_1f1Q4AQ

Fair enough. I've heard also that Detroit is a whipping boy so that other cities can have a distraction from their own problems. So pretty much, many other cities are like "So what about X? At least we're not Detroit!"

To this day, though, Detroit remains the only city proper in the US to have ever reached a million people and then lost it.

watch The Wire.
also make sure wherever your playing smells like shit, has no exciting colors (all light brown) and is filled with blacks, greeks, and italians. also hold a crab feast

Niggers are the only people that stay when a city's economy turns to shit so whatever isn't empty is filled with criminals

I've made sure that street crime is something they need to be wary of all the time.

The bland colours is an interesting angle I might use that. Crab feast is another good tidbit, I'll use that.

Cheers cunts.

Interesting read in here.

How would you fix those shit cities? Hard mode: no "kill all brown people" or "move them to Liberia".

I guess the only way is to "somehow" fix the economy. And that is hard.

Make sure if there's a restaurant he orders a crabcake, it's the meme food of the general Chesapeake area, but Baltimore likes to claim all things crab as theirs

>Americans in this thread are defending Detroit

Fuck me, this is a first.

I've already decided how I'm going to incorporate it, I just googled baltimore crab festivals.

After their next case, the businessman/friend who asked them to investigate a woman he raped while a solider in vietnam, will ask the investigator to meet him at the crab and beer festival at the harbour to tell him about it.

Why did detroit fail?

Obama became president.

Deindustrialization in the second half of the 20th century, exacerbated by the fact that Detroit's sole industry was making Cars.

detroit's problems are well known but, because it's so abandoned, it's a neat, blank canvas for new ideas to be tried.

nationalgeographic.com/taking-back-detroit/see-detroit.html

detroit is a shithole but it's an interesting shithole that is always changing. places like baltimore and st louis are shitholes but they're stagnant shitholes and unpleasant to be in.

combination of things. an obvious thing is niggers. when you're city is 80+% black, you're obviously going to have problems. african-americans are the dumbest and most violent ethnic group in any first world nation.

but much of it is a historical thing. detroit wasn't a diversified economy, it was centered almost entirely on the lake port and car industry. globalization and the improvements to the freight train industry made the lake port irrelevant and the american car industry (and the german car industry) got utterly BTFO by the surging japanese car industry. whereas the german car manufactures were able to recover and compete, american car companies largely couldn't. so they shrank and shrank and shrank and outsourced jobs and cut corners and eventually you got a shriveled and tax-starved detroit.

Also you have to incorporate Old Bay Seasoning, anther Baltimore meme condiment (they put it on everything over there)

this desu, order it online it will change your life

No solution honestly. I went to a middle class school in America that was mostly minorities and I've been racist ever since. These people just don't act civilized. Blacks would fight each other over nothing. Poor white trash were still more civil and honorable than the middle class blacks. Only a full reprogramming of their culture could fix it

Right near Baltimore is Washington DC which used to be nearly as bad but is improving every year. This is mainly due to gentrification. Which yes inadvertently kicks blacks out, but you need to examine the reasons behind gentrification which honestly I don't know.

Why did Washington DC suddenly become a hotspot for well off people to move to and spend money on and care about instead of letting it rot (all of it and not just the parts that were already decent I mean)? Part of it coincides with the government dumping a lot of money and creating jobs in that area (which uplifted first the surrounding areas as no one wanted to live in DC and now DC itself as mindsets change)

So one solution -> Lots of available jobs that pay well
But you said "no moving black people out", which is harder, as in general black people don't benefit as much from it and generally are forced out to poorer areas instead of being uplifted from the job market.

So a solution that doesn't force poor people (including blacks) out, would require I guess purposefully subsidizing the poorer areas of town, but it's not as simple as that as it's not sustainable to just keep feeding money, you need to create stable jobs for the poorer people, and then you have cultural issues where black people live with the mindset all their lives and for generations that they'll never improve their lot much in life.

It's pretty complex, there's no easy solution desu

I didn't even mention the first step of creating jobs in the first place, which isn't easy in areas where the government doesn't need to dump money.

Fixing the economy does not keep low IQ testosterone filled browns from behaving bad.

We've basically imported a source of constant social unrest, regardless of how well the economy grows.

Per measureofamerica.org, Detroit is 21st out of the 25 largest metro areas in the US in HDI, but the HDI stat they use isn't comparable to the one that's generally used at the country level, so I can't really compare it to other countries.
It is higher than San Antonio and Houston, which are both larger (and both generally don't have as bad a reputation.). It's also higher than the Michigan state average.

I don't think you've ever been around real white trash, which is just as bad as black trash, they are different, but they are both just as bad as each other.

Trust me I have. My school was filled with trash of all races. Here's the difference though, the blacks and only the blacks would chimp out at teachers, each other, other races, and we're pretty much uncontrolled. The white trash would at least stay quiet and have some sort of respect. Blacks just acted like animals.

Not even close.

There are more poor whites than there are African-Americans of any income bracket. Think about that. There are more whites in poverty in this country than there are blacks, period.

And yet, whites don't commit even a fraction of the amount of crime that blacks commit. Daily reminder that despite being only 12% of the US population, African-Americans commit over 50% of all homicides. This is an unprecedented level of violence and it can't be explained by poverty. I should also inform you that American isn't just blacks and whites anymore. There are now several million more Hispanics living in this country than there are blacks. And Hispanics, as a group, are poorer than blacks. And yet, despite there being more Hispanics overall and despite Hispanics owning less of America's wealth, black still are many times more violent than they are.

This 2bh. A sort of Kiva to the inner cities would be good to the extent that it is feasible.

To be fair the Hispanics where I lived were pretty bad too. The difference was Hispanics had a lot of trash and a lot of good people, just like the whites and Asians, the blacks though were almost all shit no matter their money.

I'm not saying spics are perfect at all. But there's some semblance of decency and values with them. With blacks, there's nothing. They really do ruin everything in this country.

This. There's barely even any homeless people left and the fire department just lets buildings burn down because it's easier than demolishing them.

>80% black
good luck with that.

I agree with you. Like I said going to school with them kinda began my racism but once I noticed every country I lived in and every city I lived in, the black commit more crime. The black schools and neighborhoods are always the worse ones. Makes you wonder what made black people this way and while I don't have the answer I know that we can't just ignore the fact that certain people commit more crimes and never assimilate.

detroit isn't a city it's just crumbling ruins

Luník IX

I think the main difference is Spics come to America with the mindset that they can improve where they stand in life, whereas Blacks have already given up in general

It's usually second generation spics who act like retards if anything, first generation is usually too busy working cheap jobs.

It's become taboo to criticize all aspects of black culture, but there's even plenty of blacks who recognize the problem is in large part due to the cultural mindset. Of course there are problems in how blacks are treated two, but everyone always comes at one angle. "blacks are treated unfairly" or "blacks have a culture that doesn't encourage advancement", both angles need to be focused on desu

That's not a city, that's just Roma ghetto

>gypsy ghettos

Otakon

You're 100% right about the spics. It's was almost always second generation ones that barely even spoke Spanish that acted like blacks. Also usually the second generation Hispanics from South America were decent but Central Americans and Mexicans were 50/50

Is Eastern Europe not Europe?

It's a shame what happened to Detroit, the city architecture was top-tier.

Yeah; don't put all your economic eggs into one basket, 2bh.

thanks for giving me one more thing to hate about baltimore

Detroit will be a super power by 2020

>Why did detroit fail?
The same reason all the other rust belt cities failed: post wwii competition from rebuilt economies. Detroit specifically failed due to the rise of Japanese car companies

a predominately white country, most of which don't live in poverty

Take into account that if you rounded up the number of blacks to the amount of whites, you'd see more of them are living in poverty, hence more crime.

Not to mention, more single mother hood rate amongst blacks, thug culture which bloomed out of previous oppression etc.

I'm pretty sure their unions had a fair share of the blame

So Detroit literally wasn't diverse enough?

Maybe a bit of the problem could be blamed on thwe unions but it wasn't the unions that designed giant gas guzzlers that rusted to nothing after two years. During the 50's and 60's american cars were the only thing anyone bought so the auto companies had plenty of cash to throw to the unions. After the oil crisis in the 70's people started buying more imported cars and that started the downfall of Detroit.

Economically, yes. But racial tensions were also a big part, as they were in all American cities in the mid-20th century. The 1967 riots, happening well before the Oil crisis, were the straw that broke the camel's back and started Detroit's spiral downward.

Detroit has recently entered its Deku Sprout stage.

Hipsters are moving into abandoned buildings, unintentionally raising land values, and slowly beginning the process of gentrification.

This. My father works for a local Method plant. Method was seriously planning on putting the plant in Detroit before realizing that everything in Detroit went to Chicago before moving across the nation. There's also hipster stuff like Corktown, and the stuff right across 8-Mile is pretty white but I believe very suburban.

>Not counting eastern Europe
Then we can just not count michigan if you can cheat that way.

Pripyat's the closest European equivalent tbqhwya

nice houses, could buy one, knock the surrounding houses down, have your own little private grounds

Many houses are $1, but they tend to be $1 for a reason 2bh

its the land i would want, put a hedge around it all

D E L T A
C I T Y

W H E N ?

Now it can be a nice parking lot

Sounds good fambalamb

do some houses actually go that low?

poland hhas lots of detroits,like Łódź

No one bus the land because Detroit's city hall slaps 30-40 years of back taxes on you when you buy the property

*buys

Sevastopol

>wash. D.C. In top 5
What

Doesn't sound very legal but sort of typical of what i have heard, what sort of taxes can be levied on houses?

>a hedge

Nigs can climb through a plant

If you just want the land, just the empty space with grass, you'd need walls, with barbed wire on top for good measure, and a good door/gate thing. It's good bait though, so maybe invest in a roof on the thing too.

youtube.com/watch?v=jijRIFpSbRY&time_continue=140
This video explains the $1 house pretty well

Property taxes.

put a roof over the grass would kill the grass tho

I lived in the Detroit area for many years (not in the city, though, because I'm pasty). It's crazy driving down 8 Mile Road along the Detroit city limits. There are bars on the windows on the Detroit side, and no bars on the windows on the opposite side.

Yeah. I hear fiber ISPs might actually put infrastructure there, which will cause tech hipsters to flock to it.

2000 to 3000 a year in property taxes

Yeah, vacant land can go for a dollar in Cleveland, as well.

Property tax, mostly.

Also the city consul is run by the dumbest niggers in the country.

so, what would happen if i knock down the house? Then no house tax right?

I'm sure some gypsy shithole is just as bad

How about a bunch of cross-hatched metal bars for the roof? The spaces between would be pretty liberally big, but just small enough to not allow anyone to get through.

bit high for a shithole don't you think?
do say more on that
yeah, sounds that way

Your property values, and thus tax, will go even lower, but there's still backtaxes.

Sounds good if i were to keep a wild animal in there like a boar, if not well nigs cannot steal grass so seems maybe unnecessary?

>bit high for a shithole don't you think?
Now you know why nobody has bought them

so, i buy it for $1 then knock it down, then they can legally make me pay taxes on a house i didn't own at the time and no longer exists?