American exchange student in my class

>American exchange student in my class
>First thing he says when introducing himself is he's 1/8th German

I thought the "muh heritage" thing was just a meme?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Finnish_Americans
ispot.tv/ad/7c4Y/ancestrydna-lederhosen
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>I thought the "muh heritage" thing was just a meme?

Memes have a basis in reality.

Nope, german and native hertiage memers are the worst.

And he's 7/8 something insignificant? Say, 2/8 from nation X?

Yes, this heritage thingie is confusing, but Wikipedia articles like this

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Finnish_Americans

won't make it any easier. Does having 1/8 or even less Finnish blood make you a "Finnish American"?

I believe Plastic Paddies have a thing or two to say, but yeah.

Heritage is mostly a manner of small talk, and is an interesting thing to look up in a mixed country like the US. That being said, it's mostly a white thing; Asians and Hispanics aren't really into it, and Blacks would be insulted if you asked them their heritage since such records weren't kept.

Thank god that cunt didn't say he was Irish or some shit.

Its pretty strange to mention it when introducing yourself, Usually its just a random topic in conversation here,

Like others said, it's something you talk about when getting to know someone. It really isn't a big deal unlike what the memes call for, but there is a small fraction of turboautists that will base their life around it.

>"I'm 1/32 Cherokee, so I'm deeply connected with my native heritage and with the earth"
-Todd Michaels, Nobles and Barnes cashier

Fuck off you lying shit

I pull this one quite a lot. What I say is that I'm 0/4th native and so many retards fall for it. Only like 2 people have caught on.

It's usually easy enough with asians, they rarely mix and you can tell them apart by their surnames.

kek, wasn't there some burger place that tried to compete with McDonalds and offered 1/3 pound for less of the price than a 1/4 pounder but it failed because people thought 1/4 was more?

>this happened
Excellemt b8 btw

Also true, but the bulk of them are from at most Korea, Japan, China, or Vietnam, not nearly as exciting as the many countries of Europe.

I'd assume that happened in the South, 2bh.

Not a meme at all for white Americans

tbqh, I believe you OP. He's probably a bit aspie to say that as an introduction, but it really is an American thing.

T. 1/4 german 1/4 american 2/4 cherokeeatztechinkafinlander

You can literally get benefits if you have enough blood from a few specific tribes. Muh heritaging about aboriginal blood is advantageous

I have a question for Americans. Is it becoming mainstream to be anti-white and against them?

This, which is why many such claims might be ultimately fraudulent from the 19th century.

White guilt is becoming mainstream.

In Oklahoma, if you have enough native american blood from any tribe, you get cheap ass license plates, cheap college and other benefits. being any other race and living there is useless I feel like

>1/8th German
>being proud of that in these times

wew

At least he didn't tell you he was a 1/63rd Cherokee.

I live there, and I have enough native blood to get benefits, but 'my' tribe isn't federally recognized so no bennies

It's not a meme. This television commercial literally runs on American TV:

ispot.tv/ad/7c4Y/ancestrydna-lederhosen