Anyone up for doing some linux from scratch? I'm about to do a full system rebuild with gcc 7.3.0

anyone up for doing some linux from scratch? I'm about to do a full system rebuild with gcc 7.3.0

Other urls found in this thread:

exherbo.org/docs/bootstrapping.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Install Gentoo

no I'm building packages to install on my atom tablet. gentoo distcc is trash and bloat

how is the experience? I've though doing this in my next vacations just for fun

>install Gentoo
>get LFS books
>build LFS frm Gentoo
>transcend even Sup Forums

logged into the virtual machine, ready to download my buildscripts, update some packages according to LFS book changelog and start compiling toolchain.

it's a fun experience, just make sure to build from a graphical environment or via ssh so that you can copy&paste and shitpost on Sup Forums while doing it.

>distcc
Just kill yourself, or set up a portage binhost VM. Either is fine.

On a scale from one to suicidal, how does working with the docbook standards make you feel?

>portage binhost VM
thanks, looks like a good option

I tried to jump straight to cross-LFS and I may have made a mistake. Should I try the regular LFS first or cross compilation is not that much more difficult?

why are you trying to do cross-LFS, just for multi-lib or some other arch?

>how many layers of XML-based documentation are you on
>like, DocBook right now my dude
>You are like a little baby, watch this

For ARM.

you should probably go with gentoo because I think cross-LFS hasn't been updated in a long time.

Well shit.

No. I am not that anal.

you could have a look at exherbo

exherbo.org/docs/bootstrapping.html

Doesn't keep you from getting anal, bitch.

I had my eyes at source mage actually, thanks for the link though exherbo is a great distro too.

comrade u gay

Well, I tried to copy-paste from book... Too long and gave up.
Tried ALFS - it failed.
So, I want to make my own script, that installs shit in folder and don't requite lfs user...

The whole idea of LFS is sort of stupid, you make book out of script, not script out of book...