When will people accept that metal is the best genre?

when will people accept that metal is the best genre?

> all band members have great technical musical ability unlike rap and pop artists
> requires classical compositional skills unlike rock, jazz, and punk
> typically has incredibly emotional and intellectual lyrics that really make you think

so in conclusion metal is objectively the highest form of musical art

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4-q53Txyc
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

agreed

Metal is great, but it's hopelessly stuck in the past...
Literally the only subculture, where 70-80%of a fesitvals line up are made up of 80s bands.

You bait stinks.

no need to bash other genres or compare, nor need others' acceptance. us knowing it's the best is enough. ;)

You better check out more festival lineups.

I strongly disagree with the stuck in the past part. The genre's quite active and innovative from one scene to another, there's a lot of bands doing fresh shit.

not true senpai, mastodon and queens of the stone age are two of the best bands of the last 20 years

Roadburn
Temples
Desertfest
Blastfest
Hellfest
Summerbreeze
Netherlands Deathfest
Maryland Deathfest
Can go on... check out more fests.

this is good metal

Metal is the peak of post-50s/rock n roll music. It takes the concepts introduced to music through how rock n roll changed the music landscape to the very max level. The idea of creating harmonic riffs that do the musical narrative while also being the master of combining the visceral and the cerebral make metal above all other forms of popular music.

Musicians that try to use concepts of classical/jazz music like Beatles or Radiohead or Pink Floyd or whoever your favorite "Art pop/Art rock" artist is end up being inferior because they are too busy trying to be watered down classical music.

Hip Hop and its ilk is inferior because it just waters down the rhythms/percussion power of jazz and folk music while also being victim to the same watered down rock n roll feel of other non-metal popular music genres.

Seriously the only music worth listening to is classical/art music, jazz, metal, folk, and electronic music. Everything else is a watered down form of one or more of what these forms of music offer.

I only like metal when they put some emphasis on melody or dynamics. It's still pretty tasteless trash but it's fun to listen to.

Black/death metal is boring garbage.

You realize that these "new bands" are already 20-25 years old?

>melody
You mean whatever sounds catchy to you. You're way too ADD to pick up on the harmonic power of riffs so you listen to watered down pop metal.

>dynamics
Metal is full of it, not that you would be able to notice based on your first statement.

spot on.

you made me laugh today. you shall leave now, pleb.

>unlike rock, jazz, and punk

I don't think you've listened to enough rock, jazz, and punk.

It's a crime and is tasteless to denounce an entire genre.

>your body parts your country spares
>by the way son here's your wheelchair

so incredibly emotional and intellectual

>all band members have great technical musical ability unlike rap and pop artists
false
>requires classical compositional skills unlike rock, jazz, and punk
false
>typically has incredibly emotional and intellectual lyrics that really make you think
false

Well you made me respond.

*ahem*
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE NORMIE LE WRONG GENERATION SHITPOSTER LE REDDIT GO BACK TO IT ITS MY BOARD MY CLUBHOUSE GET OUT OF MY MEME MACHINE

this. Once I realized "metal" =/= just Metallica, Iron Maiden, etc., I realized how fucking ridiculously deep the genre is

Did you hear we have new Electric Wizard coming this Halloween? get hype

I think it's less the music and more the mentality of the hardcore fanbase that is holding Metal back really. Like Hip-hop there are an abnormally large part of the fanbase that are absolute purists and dismiss any metal album that uses a lot of synths or samples or the like. I'm personally very into the electronic scene, and there it's all about finding the newest thing all the time. Meanwhile Metal has a lot of traditionalism going for it, and a lot enthusiasm around the classics and I personally think that may be holding Metal a bit back.

But even purists like it when synths are used well.

Anthems To The Welkin At Dusk
Stronghold
Noontide
Hvis Lysett Tar Oss

these are all purist loved albums with pretty heavy synth usage.

Though you'd be lying if electronic music isn't falling into the same traditionalism thing. For every record like say...Exai, you have a fuck ton of other artists either cashing in on the big room house trend in the mainstream, or making the same old 80s style house/techno.

>> all band members have great technical musical ability unlike rap and pop artists
>> requires classical compositional skills unlike rock, jazz, and punk
>> typically has incredibly emotional and intellectual lyrics that really make you think

Metal is my favorite genre, but come on. This is only true for a select amount of artists like every other genre.

>this is what mustaine fags actually believe
your ginger shitlord is worse than any member of metallica that's why they kicked him out, and reign in blood is better than rust in memes

lol @ all of this

at least megadeth made decent albums after 1990, metallicas later albums are complete unlistenable shit

Best prog metal band of the decade

Can't handle the truth of listening to garbage? I guess I would laugh at myself, too, if I was living as shit an existence as you.

>requires classical compositional skills
not really. Show me one metal musician who is capable of writing for orchestra without having his hand held by an orchestrator.

Show me one metal piece that is a fugue (a correct fugue)
Show me one metal piece in sonata form

protip: metal doesn't require fuck all to write beyond "hey this riff sounds good"

youtube.com/watch?v=Lq4-q53Txyc
Here is a suite

Prog is better. Takes more skill to play too

awful bait, kiddo

New sabbath clone music? sweet

Progressive rock Allahu akbar