How do we stop shills from ruining Sup Forums?

How do we stop shills from ruining Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/WaHmD5PawC6VMdAvSWDshg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>shills are real based on muh feels

Nothing other than Brave is shit on that list. Arguably nVidia.

>implying anyone on Sup Forums shills for ubuntu
okay granpa

Brave is a chink shit reskin of Chrome and brings nothing new to the table. I don't see why anybody with an ounce of self respect would recommend Brave. It must be shills, Bill Gates and illuminati.

>Sennheiser
>money to shill
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Real shills on here are mostly for Microsoft and its related products and services, intel and amd threads also I think are mostly shills circlejerking when the reality is no one really cares what their cpu is as long as it works, se goes for graphics cards. And then there is the apple shills we know exist, not necessarily paid to shill but some do exist, there is the fellow with his uncle that gives him stuff and posts about it, good for him anyways. But most obvious shilling is done by Microsoft.

paid shills: Nvidia, Thinkpad, Sennheiser.
brave fags do it for free
obongo is hated because 'noob friendliness' I have never seen it shilled here, though you might have a case for archfags. andoid itself doesn't get shilled, but Chinese manufacturers do.

I don't know. You'd struggle to convince the braindead rejects on this board that it's even being actively shilled in the first place.

Pretty much every thread that features a product is an advertising thread now. It's well past being blatant and obvious to anyone with an IQ over 85.

Missing WD in that picture

Not always when a product or service is mentioned is shilling, it could just be baiting, anything Apple is good to bait people with. Some anons get their rocks off arguing with people over shit that doesn’t matter.

Apple and samsung are also advertising here and sometimes the shills actually get in spats with each other.

AMD and Microsoft should also be added to the list, and same for whatever fucking company is doing all the watch threads and chinkshit threads. Easily half of the board is literally just product advertisement by marketing companies, I fucking hate it.

Intel too

desu you can pretty much name every big tech company and they're shilling their crap here

also those niggers recommending chromebooks to everyone

Honest question here: Can you guys make a sound fiscal argument for the existence of actual paid shills on this board? I know that there are a few /x/-tier screenshots and what not, but I'm really interested in what makes you think that its actually happening.

>Can you guys make a sound fiscal argument for the existence of actual paid shills on this board?
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/WaHmD5PawC6VMdAvSWDshg/

33 Results over the course of a year. And if you actually read the posts, a good quarter of them are either a) shit-talking it, b) asking generally if its good at all, or c) making another comment unrelated to "shilling" in anyway. This is what I'm talking about. Are you trying to imply that a "professional shill" is going to do his work by posting the same image 33 times (in different sizes, at that) with messages of varying quality and direction?

The irony, of course, is that this image actually defeats your argument. If Jews are as ruthlessly profit-focused as we all seem to believe they are, do you think they'd really pay someone to post on this website? Do you think that would yield a net positive ROI? How would they even keep track of one user's work? Using a trip is no good, as the bulk of posts that are labeled as "shills" are anons. And to that end, why wouldn't they just pay the, what, 25 bucks for a pass and set up a script to make threads instead? Is THAT worth the effort? Now you at least have to pay a guy to make sure that its working, to write the "bot", to manage the topics and post text pool, etc.

I'm still no seeing it.

It has a whole new cryptocurrency pyramid scheme behind it including smart contracts to track your attention, and an ad-blocker with micro transactions that you can pay to block ads. Why would you want a browser that focuses on rendering html with an extensible plugin framework when you can have a browser that's ALSO a crypto wallet and ALSO is part of a whole new advertising business model? It's the systemd of browsers.

And let me follow up by saying that I myself has posted the happy merchant a number of times, but I guess I was under the impression that most of us were in on the joke.

I'm not sure if you guys are still here, but I saw this on the front page a minute ago. What do you think about this thread? Is this what you'd call shilling? Where does the line exist in your minds between a "shill" and a pure "shit poster"? Would you suspect that the OP in question made this thread to rustle jimmies, or is he actually being paid to bash on android?

Most of us are on like five or six levels of irony and yes, we're in on the joke. No one wants your neetbux except for retailers of thigh high socks and fleshlights.

I looked at prices for Microsoft office tonight and laughed my fucking ass off. No wonder I used mac os for 20 years and torrented everything to my hearts content never got a virus or problem. Will miss it

>No one wants your neetbux except for retailers of thigh high socks and fleshlights.
I would honestly have an easier time believing that some obscure vendor of thigh high socks would be sitting on Sup Forums trying to convince anons to buy them over a paid shill from Microsoft or the like being on here.

there's a lot of shilling for windows, intel, amd and apple stuff as well, though. could add a lot of stuff in that pic.

I dislike ubuntu too but not sure is one of them. Also according to the legendary Sup Forums whistleblower thinkpads are not confirmed or being shilled.

>Apple is by far the most aggressive Sup Forums astroturfer
>nowhere to be seen on that list
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Word ban Apple iPhone iPad and Mac.

archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/z-AKUCW9z3QIuaU6QRbRHg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cI3_tmP5xpFTGlWmEg9goQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/_glUELz4vv9hjRZ8x1cIKg/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/VNbuaDIfThMAlAASqaI0Kw/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/epKkMUP2mAJphUDLwAIY4w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/llF-zz9URlbvsF7nE4mG0w/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/LDMvhb3n444ISJRI9u7YZQ/
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/uskkuBo91wIlsRF2wxGiLg
archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/search/image/cqSr-2OIIrWCcTMw_U-HEw/

>applel is absent
Found the glow in the dark CIA nigger

I agree Apple have some shill, but they are waaaay less cancerous than Microsoft's, and they are actually tolerable sometimes. Maybe the best way is to train shills to not be so cancerous?

Brave is hands down the best mobile browser, and for only being in alpha it's desktop is very promising

I unironically like Android and Thinkpads. The rest is shit

would amd be under the professional shill list?

Brave mobile is literally chrome with a half-assed addblocker built in

>botnet browser is fastest
Might as well use Puffin

What good mobile browser isn't a fork of chrome or ff? Also it's ad blocker isn't half assed at all, I almost never see ads that I know I normally would.
It's also one of the fastest by a very small margin.

>Micros**t not including
std::thinking(&mut self).unrwrap()

>ThinkPad shills on Sup Forums

Sup Forums hates every product of Lenovo that gives them profit. Buying their half-decade old shit refurbished or used doesn't do them any good whilst also trashing the new ThinkPad design. High quality shilling.

FF with ublock blocks more adds from my experience, Brave still has plenty of trouble blocking popup adds while FF with ublock closes them immediately.
As for a good browser that's not a fork on Android, no idea, most non-forked browsers seem like Chinese botnet like dolphin or opera mini

>front page

Go back to peddit.

that's true but I've had nothing but performance issues with FF forks on mobile.
On desktop they're my go-to though.

>people truly believe someone gets paid to advertise on Sup Forums specifically

Yeah, chrome based browsers do best on Android purely on performance, FF eats trough my battery, that's an issue they really need to address.

Eh, I hate the Brave desktop shills as much as any other guy, but it's far better imo than FF on browser.

>paid shills for used laptops

Yeah man, Microsoft pays me 10$/hr to shill here

I don't mind the last three

>not including faglel and microshit
OP confirmed to be a pajeet working for micropenis

Can't really see why Lenovo would shill older second hand Thnkpads. I see barely any shills for newer Thinkpads or Lenovo products. You're also missing aliexpress, since /csg/ bro.

I am 100% that is some NEET larper who's mother got them a Macbook pro and ipad for finally walking outside the house to take out the trash.

Shilling is (yet another) form of advertisement. The more you see a product posted by these so called "users" (see: shills) the more you feel that the said product is relevant and at least good enough for people to talk about. Shilling is a widespread phenomenon and it's effective too. I think you should take a look at professional memers; they're quite similar to shills, but not as aggressive.

What's the point in shilling Android? It already has like 80% of market share.

>mfw there's more Android devices online than PCs

forgot vivaldi

>Implying OP is not a shill for AMD, Apple, etc.

Android and PC aren't in the same category. Android is an OS, PC means personal computer. Android can run on x86, therefore it falls into PC OS.

Let me paraphrase then, there are more Android devices visiting websites than Windows, Linux and OSX devices combined.
>Android can run on x86
And who the hell ever does that.

>who the hell ever does that
Soon™

About as soon as Nvidia releases drivers for Android :^)

isnt android linux enough? or do you need gnu core utils to build the nvidia drivers for the kernel? no bully pls

what the fuck is wrong with sennheiser

Reminder to report all shill posts by Brave devs. It's literally adware. It just replaces ads on the web with its own (((acceptable))) ads, and steals the revenue

>Android
As opposed to what, lmao
Apple? Now THAT is the company that should be there. Android doesn't anything since it's already part of the vast majority of smartphones.

There are paid shills on red dit, but I doubt anyone would try to waste money on Sup Forums.

I have a better idea. Check it out
The "I have had a pretty bad day, I'm feeling a little down and I desperately need to call someone a shill" starter pack
You don't even need to be having a bad day! Just go to any thread at random, find any sort of product being discussed and call the participants shills! I mean, what do they are doing, posting tech on a tech board LOL

>android
>obongo
Why are you all taking the bait despite this?

Was the biggest shill of all - Apple - too huge to fit in the same picture with others and you're planning to dedicate a whole picture just for it? Sure taking you some time.

Windows shills are the worst tbqh senpai

>stop shills
It's not going to stop because the real site owner(s) are in on it, no doubt. Pretend for a minute that this was your board, you do the hosting and you maintain the software. It wouldn't be that hard to find out who's shilling for who and either range-ban the IPs or get them to fork over some money. Since this shilling is going on daily it's fair to assume that it's a way for Sup Forums to make money.

It would probably take enough people leaving because of it to make it stop.

>A couple of people on a tech board like Apple
>They must be paid shills because they like something I don't

The state of Sup Forums

What is Lightning ?

>ThinkPad
>shills
We buy used ThinkPads, and most of us are strongly against buying Lenovo's latest models from the past few years. There are even some of us who will pay for a custom, hacked together Chinese ThinkPad with engineering sample CPUs using the old T60 chassis instead of buying the latest Lenovo model.

The only one that might actually have shills is Brave. Nvidia and Android "shills" are basically just fanboys. I'm not an audiophilefag, so I assume Sennheiser "shills" are fanboys, too. The Ubuntu and its variations are the most popular Linux distros among normalfags and Linux noobs, so it's not unusual to see a lot of anons using it here.

>Thinkpad
Why would shills only shill for the old models?

>android and not Applel
>no Intel on the list
>Brave unironically

shit list OP, good going on the continued cock sucking. Do it over.

>I am not a paid or unpaid shill

When it comes to brave. I would actually use Firefox on my smartphone but since I last checked it works like utter shit while loading the first page so I switched to brave and kinda liked it. The only bad thing about it is that while skipping on videos sometimes results in freezes and crashes. I'm basically still searching for a good ad blocking browser.

Encourage it more by fighting it harder!
Become a shill by yourself and get funded by those companies, let them bleed money for nothing, learn their techniques and use their methods against them.

Don't be Sup Forums

>he's saying this on a thread about shills, conveniently skipping the words "biggest shill of all"
If there are no Apple shills, only "couple of people who like Apple" then two things can be assumed:
- There are no shills about anything else either
- There are a couple of people here who don't have a lot of free time outside posting on Sup Forums

So what's the state of Sup Forums? Spill it out.

this is a programming board fyi

Cool story, bro

>people encouraging others to buy used Thinkpads
>paid Lenovo marketers

>No windows logo
>Includes android logo
What did he mean by this?

What does "peddit" have to do with a front page?

If you're arguing semantics, what does architecture have to do with a computer being personal?

>no monthly fee
>what is eating and drinking.

do you paranoid fucks earnestly believe people get paid to shill here

people 100% get paid to shill here

I like thinkpads, but I don't like shilling.

And thinkpads are getting worse in quality as time wears on - the ONLY reason to buy them is because they're stupid fucking cheap second hand off craigslist and ebay. Just the fact there's a 24/7 thinkpad general is enough to tell you that there is dedicated marketing going on. The same with any other product that's getting 24/7 "generals" - they are marketing threads created and maintained by marketers. They need to fuck off back the slimehole they crawled out of.

I only see them advocate for buying used machines though. That doesn't fit the generalized shill model. Can IBM profit from aftermarket sales they have no part in?

I shill for IBM

>Thinkpad

How would the thinkpadfags be considered shills when the only thinkpad laptops they go for are exclusively the used second hand bulky models which are years old?