Why are brazilian such self haters?

Why are brazilian such self haters?

Other urls found in this thread:

bbc.com/portuguese/noticias/2015/12/151217_brasil_latinos_tg
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I will tell you a little secret:
They aren't self-haters, they only hate other states and the government.
They get very defensive if you talk shit about their state in particular.

hum... In what state do you live?
just to know.

CONGOlombia

Paraná, you can't hate it.

Why are Brazil and Colombia so similar? Seriously, for me you're like a Spanish-speaking Brazil. Even our murder rates are basically the same.

Maybe because of the mix of Spanish/Portuguese culture + African culture + Native culture?

Because we are realistic.

Because Brazil is shit.
It really really is.

Bad countries should be hated.

I live in Curitiba and I hate it.

You get very defensive if you compare any Hispanic American country with you.

You are only self-haters until someone mentions the rest of Latin America.

That's because even we have standards.

I believe it's mainly due to the fact that Brazil carries the burden of being some sort of leader or role-model in South America and kind of fails at it, if compared to the United States' leadership and influence in North America (and the world, to some extent).

These self-haters tend to overlook our reality here and automatically assume that we (including themselves) are shit just because we can't stand up to American or European standards.

Brazil is still merely a child at diplomacy and politics and has been testing the waters and playing around pretending to be more important than it actually is worldwide for quite some time now and I guess the population is starting to realize this. If only our politicians weren't so shitty and we weren't so deep into our own asses trying to get out of this mess, then maybe we could finally make a move and show our true colors.

Soon user
Soon

i honestly don't get what makes Brazil so great. You embarrassed yourselves at the olympics with your trash water and now you think you're the next big thing.

Atleast Colombia is cool and has a Netflix original show about it. All you guys have is Max Payne 3

UNTAPPED OIL
i'll sell for you 50 dollars a barrel

>oh no algae in the water what an embarrassment
go bomb some stadiums bob

I'm just waiting for Venezuela to fall apart, you'll have to go pretty low to price match that shit.

Do Brasilians get triggered if somebody calls them Latino?

Some pretty funny looking algae.

They are though

You can't trigger a Brazilian

Well we could deal with the chinese, but fuck em
Didn't even had the decency to invade yurop back in 2015.
I'll make 15 a barrel until Venezuela becomes a no man's land zone.

Portuguese is a latin language.
Latino is fine, spic is wrong.

as long its not mexican its fine

Real quick tip, don't mean to be a dick, but if you say land you don't have to say zone afterwords. It's redundant.

On the other hand, sure, cheap oil is cool.

Alright beaners.

Dude i'm just waiting for the water wars
That shit will be hype

Meh, we don't identify with this "latin identity", that's all.

No-bid contracts to super soaker sounds pretty legit.

>we (including themselves) are shit just because we can't stand up to American or European standards

Most countries outside of Europe are shit, that's just the way it is.

>If only our politicians weren't so shitty and we weren't so deep into our own asses trying to get out of this mess

If only water wasn't wet.

Thanks for contributing nothing to my point or the discussion. Here's your (You)

When I was there earlier this year, I was told that "We aren't Latino, but simply Brazilian"
That's the feeling I got.
Don't be like commiefornia and be on the ocean and have no water ffs

>We aren't Latino,
prolly some mestizo who thought he was white

>When I was there earlier this year, I was told that "We aren't Latino, but simply Brazilian"
Because it's pretty much impossible to categorize Brazilians as one thing or another. There's people from literally all ethnic and cultural backgrounds here, so it's simply imprecise to categorize us the way you normally do.

t. pardo

Joke's on you. I'm Albanian :^)

We are heading in the same direction.

My bad, you're right, Brazil is great. At least is not Ethiopia, ain't I right? Fucking retard. People like you deserve to be spit in the face.

There's a br thread on Sup Forums right now and it almost instantly turned into a self-hate thread.

soon you'll be another brazil you nigger cuck

What's a """latin identity"""?

>"We aren't Latino, but simply Brazilian"
This is probably the answer most Brazilians would give.
There was a survey made an year ago:
bbc.com/portuguese/noticias/2015/12/151217_brasil_latinos_tg
They asked brazilians to answer which expression they identified themselves with:
79% said brazilians, 13% world citizens, 4% latin americans, 1% south americans.

I'd fuck you up good if you said that in front of me. Stay true to the motherland, you fucking twat.
It might be a shithole, but it's your fucking shithole. Fight for it

t. militante do psol

The only thing they are proud of is their """"japanese"""""""" population

Nothing they can do, given the rep we have.
Either self hate and mock yourself or lie that you are from another country.

what makes Brazil be Latino is the language, but do not feel Latinos why there are many cultures from everywhere and native
mix of culture, makes this lack of identity

when you hear the word Latin America, we think of the other neighboring countries to mexico

t. 55channer speaking Portuguese in an international thread
Back to /luso/, cancerous monkey

Brazil is an insular country. We don't identify ourselves with anyone but ourselves, specially not with our neighbors maybe frontier people do (like gaúchos with platinos) but the rest do not. We always looked more to Europe than anything in the western hemisphere.

>Brazil is an insular country
What the fuck are you talking about

KEK someone's le mad

>When you hear the word Latin America, we think of the other neighboring countries to mexico.
That's what I think. Brazil doesn't fit the label. Peru, Chile, Panama...sure.
>We always looked more to Europe than anything in the western hemisphere.
Same for Argentina

>Fight for it

There's literally nothing I can do.

el congolombiANO

Then we shouldn't be latino neither, you're saying "latino" to refer to mexicans and central americans, but we (caribbeans and other colombians) don't share almost anything with them neither, it's the other way, we are more related to Brazil than to them

For me its because of the amount of wasted potential, its like we are stuck in the worst timeline possible and all we can do is read about our country's history and wonder what it would have been like

Are you implying Brazil is not an insular country?

This is not about you, but your mindset

Unless you're speaking metaphorically, no, I'm pretty sure Brazil isn't an island

So much this
I kinda wished the NWO/jews/conspiracy of the month shit was real so they could at least say "yeh we put some shitheads in charge for the last 100 years sorry lel"
But alas, that would be too good to be true.

Being realistic is better, at least you don't get disappointed time and time again.

just a matter of feelings
if I ask for a descendant of Arabic if he feels a Latin he will say no

so a Japanese descendant, German, African indigenous people ...
thus a descendant of Japanese, German, African indigenous people ... did not feel Latino, something crazy

why would brazil have a bad rep? in germany people think well about your country. sure you may have plenty of uneducated people but your population is twice as much as ours.

Why does Brazil have rampant leftism and feminism if it's 2nd/3rd world?

Only retards do not succeed in Brazil. Your ex president was a functional analphabet for most of his life that came from the poorest and aridest place here.

Whatever floats your boat, user
But you're wrong. And we'll get somewhere, someday.

They are still speaking a latin language in a country with latin culture, you brazilians are worst than americans with the muh heritage stupid shit

feminism wasn't a popular thing until a couple years ago, I blame facebook

In the vidya verse we are straight up bad
>can't speak english
>lack of any social manner
and to top it off, bad connections.
Targets were the upper class and public unis AKA all bark no bite
You ask any jane doe,they will say its all bs and lack of dish washing.

Literally hell.

>lack of any social manner
at least we aren't socially retarded

t. gordão bvirgem

It's not really about heritage, all of them would say they are brazilian, not german-brazilian, italian-brazilian etc. We think of ourselves as a really really special snowflake.

>if I ask for a descendant of Arabic
>who is Salma Hayek

But to be fair, the Latino meme is mostly an American thing. Most Mexicans dislike the term too.

the people comes to power and the people themselves want to steal

few good people want to participate in politics

Its like Disney world, if you're a tourist paying to stay there you will have the time of your life, if you work there its fuck awful and you quickly grow tired of everything, you start to see everything as cheap plastic, smokes and mirrors, there is no magic for you because you understand how it ticks from the inside

That's just your life m8.

nice projection and reading skills

only poor retards think our good rep justifies the bullshit that happens here user

lol what the fuck dude
speak for yourself
this is not China, come on

I am waiting for a brazilian singer to make a version of niggas in paris called Bundas in brasil.

I think everybody in Brazil would exchange a good rep out there for a better country. What are you talking about? Your life sucks, that's why you see everything as cheap plastic, smokes and mirros.

Where did it went all wrong lads

our greatest enemies, we are Brazilians

you can see the conversations on Sup Forums, politics ...

is it possible to be a neet in brazil without having rich parents?

you shouldn't be able to be a neet anywhere

if one day create a button to destroy Brazil
who will squeeze will be a Brazilian

Not in the american standard, but a great deal of young adults still lives with their parents for social reasons.

Because there is no common identity or culture. Brazil is the Austria-Hungary of the New World. Do you see yourself as a Colombian sharing your country with a Bolivian or Mexican? Well, that's what happens in Brazil, since the different colonies stayed together through pure force, since the presence of the Central Power(Metropolis) was more present here, due to the Court's flight to Brazil when Napoleon invaded. Brazil even has old bits of the Virreinato del Río de la Plata in it's territory. Of course no one is going to get along.

get married and does not leave the parental home

I'll try to work for the government, if I receive fat state paychecks every month I will hate this place a lot less.

Yeah i think everyone knows someone on that situation.

truth
the Portuguese royal family came to Brazil, fleeing from Napoleon and the family itself declared independence in Brazil
I do not know if they repent

Do you support brazilian waxing

What's up with all the Brazilians with Japanese-tier English in this thread? Fuck, I even cringed a bit

>Brazil is the Austria-Hungary of the New World.
It seems there is need for more cultural cleansing. Might import southeast asians this time and see how it works.

If i had to guess, they are half asleep since its 3am

>It seems there is need for more cultural cleansing
Just like Austria tried to do for centuries and it failed miserably? Or how Yugoslavia tried it and it ended how we all know it did.