They are being accused of being a crypto and machine learning hardware company and not focusing on game cards anymore...

They are being accused of being a crypto and machine learning hardware company and not focusing on game cards anymore but look - games are for children. If you're 30+ you shouldnt be playing them and if you're younger than that you should be playing outside doing sports.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=bjvYL123w4w
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>what is animation

what?

render using CPU farms with Renderman, Arnold, Mantra, etc

Nvidia doesn't give a crap about mining meme

Deep learning/Machine learning/AI is a much bigger market that mining meme and self driving tech is another big market

>games are for children
why?

games are something to kill time in an enjoyable way.
they are fundamentally no different than sports, knitting, playing guitar, reading.
the main difference between hobbies is the benefit you attain that is visible to others
showing off your guitar skills might seem more impressive to some people than showing off smash bros skills.

if you mean people should be focusing on their career, instead of playing games, then you need to understand people find enjoyment in different ways. finding happiness is a different journey for everyone.
for monks they find it internally through becoming independent from physical things
for the work obsessed businessman, it's obviously found in striving for more in his career
for the gamer, it's found in getting that first, and every subsequent, 32+ hit combo in marvel vs capcom.

for you, being op, it's clearly found in the pants of another man, as you are a faggot.

Nice one, but seriously i wish i could stop playing, but it's the only social interaction i have.

I've been playing skyrim lately to get away from people

Ever hear of Redshift. GPU's are also used for general viewport performance, and simulations A good GPU is crucial for day to day 3d work.

i find gaming very relaxing desu

>They are being accused of being a crypto and machine learning hardware company and not focusing on game cards anymore but look - games are for children
Says you. No child has any business laying their eyes on the vast majority of PC games available.

Gamers are driving up mining card prices.

What's wrong with sucking cocks now?

>Sup Forums is so new they don’t know OP sucks cocks
Jesus Christ people, are you even out of middle school?

>games are for children
Couldn't agree more. Sup Forums can get fucked.

Hello AMD shill, do the needful and post some crying wojak edits, sir.
When the next blockchain pioneers card will be released? Is it real that threadrippers are top mining cpus? When can we start minning ayycoin that allow us to buy features like primitive shaders?
I sure enjoy waiting for it!™

Gaming is way more important than sports. We're a group of people who will sit for hours, days, even weeks on end performing some of the hardest, most mentally demanding tasks. Over, and over, and over all for nothing more than a little digital token saying we did. We'll punish our selfs doing things others would consider torture, because we think it's fun. We'll spend most if not all of our free time min maxing the stats of a fictional character all to draw out a single extra point of damage per second. Many of us have made careers out of doing just these things: slogging through the grind, all day, the same quests over and over, hundreds of times to the point where we know evety little detail such that some have attained such gamer nirvana that they can literally play these games blindfolded. Do these people have any idea how many controllers have been smashed, systems over heated, disks and carts destroyed in frustration? All to latter be referred to as bragging rights? These people honestly think this is a battle they can win? Our obsession with proving we can after being told we can't is so deeply ingrained from years of dealing with big brothers/sisters and friends laughing at how pathetic we used to be that proving you people wrong has become a very real need; a honed reflex. Gamers are competative, hard core, by nature. We love a challange. The worst thing you did in all of this was to challange us. You're not special, you're not original, you're not the first; this is just another boss fight.

>games are for children. If you're 30+ you shouldnt be playing them
Dwarf Fortress is the exception to this rule. You can play Dwarf Fortress if you're over 30 years of age.

>what is video encoding
This thread's a good opportunity to try some OC, at least.

Something you don't do on the GPU unless you're streaming vidya.

What about NetHack?

>tfw people who can't remember a time before 9/11 are allowed on this board

Nothing wrong with enjoying yourself and playing games, but your comparison only applies if you do it as a skill more than simple entertainment. In some situations it's more akin to watching tv. I wouldn't say it's fundamentally no different from those things but I can see the parallels depending on how/what you play

in every instance, video encoding is much faster using GPGPU

When will you grow out of watching TV and movies and dicking around on anonymous imageboards?

The quality to filesize ratio suffers for it.

For streaming in realtime though, less quality per bitrate is way better than no video at all.

3d simulations should be taken more seriously

Playing games is mental exercise.

Indeed. It's been proven to ward off diseases like Alzheimers. Enjoy your memory loss 'no-fun allowed' faggots.

grow up manchild, OP is right.

Games are for fun. We've been playing games since the dawn of recorded history. Stop thinking you're special by not playing games. We just do them on computers now.

>haha guise remember oldfag meme about op being phaggot haha u guise so new!!!

Kill yourself or stop trying to fit in.

Posting in ebic thread
youtube.com/watch?v=bjvYL123w4w

OP is just assblasted because he does not have real friends who play LAN parties with him

OP has been a dick sucking faggot since day one you fucking idiot