mega.co.nz/#F!4EVlnJrB!PRjPFC0vB2UT1vrBHAlHlw
mega.co.nz/#F!ygImCRjS!1C9L77tCcZGQRF6UVXa-dA
mega.co.nz/#F!il5yBShJ!WPT0v8GwCAFdOaTYOLDA1g
mega.co.nz/#F!DdJWUBBK!BeGdGaiAqdLy9SBZjCHjCw
crudblud.sjm.so/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=p5ovVrOPdVo
classicfm.com/discover/music-quizzes/name-composers/
nytimes.com/2016/05/08/arts/music/the-met-opera-is-struggling-how-can-it-fill-those-empty-seats.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/music&action=click&contentCollection=music®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0
youtube.com/watch?v=PzrcoqpnZqA
youtube.com/watch?v=cG45P7xcv08
youtube.com/watch?v=ROYtlYHzk7w
youtube.com/watch?v=FO1vIedMOmc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_composers
youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII
youtube.com/watch?v=3ZP-yXsNV2E
youtube.com/watch?v=_2UvDOGo3qI
youtube.com/watch?v=wRXQpoI__Qc
soundcloud.com/officialyungmas/panda-remix
youtube.com/watch?v=1wb36-orBL0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I would listen to classical, but I feel pretty uncomfortable about listening to a bunch of old racist white guys, desu. Are there any composers of color that I can listen to? Thanks.

kill yourself please
and yes, julius eastman
but first kys bb

I don't think I can stand listening to anymore Bruckner. I am having a pretty difficult time understanding the hype around this guy. His music sounds exciting enough in the Scherzi but it all sounds the same to me. Just the same shit being played for hours. What am I missing here?

>can't listen to music because of the race of the composer
I don't get this at all.

Well, since you also qualified it with "guys", if gender is also an issue with you for whatever reason, have some Amy Beach: youtube.com/watch?v=p5ovVrOPdVo

Do you people go to the opera? I'm thinking of seeing The Marriage of Figaro, but then I remember that it's a fucking 18th century opera. I'd probably feel like a massive autist there.

Mozart and Beethoven were black.

Delete yourself

Autism probably.

Try some of his vocal music for a different side to him.

Marriage of Figaro is one of the finest operas ever written, so yeah go along to it.

Try Hiawatha's Wedding Feast

Then see a 19th century opera or a 20th century opera. Or a 21st century opera like Dr Atomic.

18th century opera is really where it's most entry-level, though, now that I think of it.

classicfm.com/discover/music-quizzes/name-composers/

Be aware that being the perfidious albion memesters that they are, there are some really stupid omissions and really stupid inclusions.

Other than the recitatives it is top tier.

try dvorak
he was kinda racist, but was trying really hard not to be

bump

How do I approach writing music for someone who just started playing the violin last year? She's learned up to the Gavotte in Suzuki book 1, from what I've heard.

Seems the MET is having a lot of trouble filling those opera seats.

nytimes.com/2016/05/08/arts/music/the-met-opera-is-struggling-how-can-it-fill-those-empty-seats.html?rref=collection/sectioncollection/music&action=click&contentCollection=music®ion=rank&module=package&version=highlights&contentPlacement=2&pgtype=sectionfront&_r=0

Maybe they should quit performing the same ten operas over and over again?

ded

bump

it's a bit sad really. i know that trips are generally not useful but they -- in this general, at least-- brought some controversial opinions which other anons would bounce their own more useful options off of to start a conversation if things were slow

I'm just posting because I really love these generals, they're really nice. Lately I've been listening to Bach's Concertos and Suites by The Academy of Saint-Martin-in-the-Fields.

mozart is gay lol

I mean in all fairness

Good stuff. I do sometimes get the feeling, though, that the widespread touting of Bach's orchestral works (because orchestra is a meme I guess) results in the underrating of his equally impressive chamber music, and his supreme body of choral music. I recently listened to that Grumiaux set of his 6 violin/keyboard sonatas, and I'm impressed as always. Right now I'm chilling to some Vivaldi chamber concerti. Also very underrated pieces.

This is proof that modern music is bullshit.

youtube.com/watch?v=PzrcoqpnZqA

Marriage of Figaro is great. Why would you feel like an autist? Because it is 18th Century? The year it was made isn't the most important thing.

Was Wagner a tit or an ass man?

What a crappy website.

Looking for Western Canon Guide chart pls and tx

Don't worry, friend. I've got you covered.

youtube.com/watch?v=cG45P7xcv08

takemitsu-san ^_^
youtube.com/watch?v=ROYtlYHzk7w

f

u

r

t

h

e

r

yeah Bruckner is pretty average.

Not bad considering it was written by a computer. Orchestration is abysmal though. Wonder which composers they modeled the piece on? some kind of cross between Tchaikovsky, Bartok and Vivaldi?

Proof
youtube.com/watch?v=FO1vIedMOmc

checked

Best Beethoven sonata set in your opinion?

Yeah, these threads could use some controversy to get some discussions. I have always liked the quality of the discussions here, even if they do end up devolving into memes.

Between the Grinberg and the Backhaus? I like both, but the I think that Grinberg has better recording quality than the Backhaus if that's what you prefer.

Well, I think it's just the reality of us having had these generals for around 4 years now. There isn't too many topics for people to get genuinely engaged in all around because we've had those discussions dozens of times before. Most of the regulars I imagine are probably tired of writing the same walls of text time and time again. Some trips have gone anonymous, and others, like Calcium and SDF, barely post anymore. And not enough new people are coming in and sticking around for there to be a constant surge of 'fresh' discussion.

As much as I didn't like CLT and Taxes they were both active and constantly memed around and made approachable charts that newcomers could immediately understand. But, well, now that's been done and then some.

>and Taxes
Meant to say Tallis.

I guess that makes sense. We can only hope that someday there will be lots of newcomers.

People only like Mozart because he's the closest thing to pop music.

>We can only hope that someday there will be lots of newcomers.
Dream on user, the classical music community is already pretty small, how many of them do you think are willing to discuss it on an imageboard dedicated to Chinese cartoons?

What makes you think we're old?

Weirdly enough a lot of the weebs I know are at least somewhat interested in classical

That's definitely not common. My weeb friends have classical training, and they still do not care for the music.

You never know

I can't think of any Black composers, but Gottschalk was partially Black and Jewy.

Plenty of mentally challenged composers though:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_German_composers

Real talk, vital tips for all violin players:

1) Gratuitous vibrato is cancer

2) You're playing too loud

It's pretty simple actually. It's called shitposting.

Does anyone else find it ironic that most of the criticisms aimed at Romantic and Impressionist piano music are perfectly valid criticisms of Beethoven's piano sonatas?

>muddy gargling
>arpeggiated nonsense filler
>"emotional" tinkling
>hilariously ham-handed trills
>momentum slowing down, running out of ideas, the fact that this whole piece is inane is becoming increasingly obvious - time to BANG
>excruciating repetition
>UNBRIDLED expression of the human spirit, i.e. monkey mashing
>droning quiet sections where his creative bankruptcy can't hide behind the usual artifices
>all but pointless drawn-out sprawling puddles of amusical diarrhea that were only brought into existence to serve as a vehicle for Beethoven's egomania and grandomania

Seems like textbook displacement behavior to me.

Schnabel.

Hey /classical/, I'm kinda new here
how to get into Schubert?

Start with his last two quartets or his song cycles.

thanks people

Can anyone identify who are the performers in this interpretation?
youtube.com/watch?v=sPlhKP0nZII

youtube.com/watch?v=3ZP-yXsNV2E

Imagine liking this tripe.

Can someone recommend me more composers like Respighi?

Are Mozart piano composition worth a listen?

Drawbacks:

>extremely boring
>they all sound the same

Virtues:

>never ugly
>the best vanilla classical music
>the best piano compositions that came out of Germany/Austria

Yes.
youtube.com/watch?v=_2UvDOGo3qI
youtube.com/watch?v=wRXQpoI__Qc

If I like ambient, what classical will I like?

Minimalism probably

Bach.

Satie.

What's a good recording of Cage's sonatas and interludes?

further proof

>opera sung in anything but its original language

>opera

>music

Tristan Murail, Gerard Grisey, Feldman

>REAL MUSIC
>soundcloud.com/officialyungmas/panda-remix
>FUCKING FAGGOTS

>dubs

The english translations are always the worst

No, its just nonsense a machine would write. I can admit it sounds interesting but I think this more redounds to the stupidity and lack of hability of modern composers. You can't accidentally compose Mozart but you can accidentally compose Ferneyhough as evidenced by this crude sort of program.

What Bach should I listen to?

Its tripe because Boulez is conducting? You've taken the conductor meme too far I think.

Le Art of le Fug :DDD

C.P.E.

No, J.S Bach

no J.C. Bach

No, W.F. Bach

pls stop, I only wanted more like this youtube.com/watch?v=1wb36-orBL0
not to be memed at

pls respond

nah it's tripe because that user hates all german composers and circlejerks over Chopin and Scriabin

Listen to the cantatas for tomorrow, 44 and 183

>he doesn't like Ingmar Bergman's Magic Flute

>implying