What is the worst critically acclaimed band/artist of all time, Sup Forums?

What is the worst critically acclaimed band/artist of all time, Sup Forums?

My vote goes to U2.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xA82phRQ0vI
youtube.com/watch?v=i0xoClNtXi0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Coldplay

Definitely not, their 80s output + Achtung Baby is legendary, some of the best music of that time

Queen

Queen

Michael Jackson

It's actually amazing how many people seem to ignore the fact that most of Queen's discography is not particularly interesting.

what makes it legendary? Name one redeeming quality of their music

It's well known they are a singles band.

Well actually more like 6 singles.

Queen

Nirvana
Radiohead
Death Grips

What do you not like about U2? Aside from the recent crap, what's your beef with the Joshua Tree/Unforgettable Fire/War/Achtung Baby stuff? Genuinely interested. And please refrain from the " bono is a piece of shit sout h park sed so !!!!!!111 XD" dreck.

It's good.

Just excellent songwriting, and all of the band members work very well together. The Edge gets a lot of shit from "muh shredding" guitarists but he really knows how to serve a song, better than 99% of guitarists

objectively correct

The Strokes
U2
Beyonce
Wilco
Kanye West
Michael Jackson

The Cure

so we can agree Queen is objectively the worst "best" band of all time?

Good

no, they're good

Okay, well I think that U2 expaned upon the post-punk of the time by taking it to a more arena/pop landscape. They were a deeply political band with solid song structure.

However, their politics never interested me or made me feel anything in relation to their music. And the post-punk they made avoided what made the genre more popular in the first place: the infusion of art-rock. Hell, they mostly avoided punk.

To me, U2 is a safer The Who musically, and an edgier The Who politically. This is all in retrospect, and I guess for its time on pop radio it was okay, but hell, so is Madonna.

Distinctive soundscaping, occasionally structurally unorthodox yet compelling songwriting, melodically captivating, technically erudite and insanely expressive vocals.

Strangely enough, it seems there's few things more lame than U2 hating nowadays. They're a pretty "whatever" band, but the hate sorta peaked and folded over itself. Most U2 haters are associated with the adolescent South Park I've Heard Vertigo A Couple of Times and Not Much Else mentality. Interesting.

Excellent songwritting
The Edge's pioneering use of delay as a tool in songwritting riffs
Their willingness to experiment with underground genres in the 90's, adapt to the zeitgeist and still be massively influential (the dance, electronic and industrial influences in Achtung Baby and Zooroopa, the electronic wankery in Pop, the new age/ambient of Original Soundtracks)
Their use of effects and layering (specially in Achtung Baby)
Their great performances and delivery

They were just a really fucking good band up until the 00's. However, Bono is a douche and they turned into garbage since 2000. Songs of Innocence was alright tho.

When the fuck will you faggots learn that "I don't like them" != "They're shit"? You can not like an artist and recognize it's qualities. I seriously don't think how anyone can think The Cure don't deserve the acclaim they got.

ACDC

They're mediocre musicians who made bland, boring music. They're also whiny faggots.

Yes. The majority of their discography is shit.

Worst-best band goes to ELP.

The Smiths

U2 is great, the only objectively correct answer is AC/DC

not him but great argument fagtron

+ Bruce Springsteen

fuck you

You're seriously overrating the political nuance in their song writing. Only when focusing solely on some hits (ergo: Sunday Bloody Sunday and I guess Pride) does that criticism hold any credence. Many tracks, such as the drug-addled Bad or the tortured With or Without You, provide the intimacy you apparently find U2 are lacking. Your description of their songwriting capability is limited to "solid pop ditties in the vein of, uh, Madonna" and it's at this point I doubt you've really listened to U2 that much at all, aside from the hits. Listen to Exit, Promenade or the aforementioned Bad. Each of these songs boast esoteric structuring, with an almost improvisational, organic feel. I don't even like U2 that much, but I'm sick of this uneducated, brodude dick-swinging bullshit. You've barely listened to U2. Listen to the god foresaken band and then formulate an actual opinion, as opposed to bizzaro The Who comparisons.

>Being this butthurt because a musician he likes is called out for being overrated.

he's just one guy though and his production is good

>>>Reddit

Fuck that. Try to tell me shit like Sunday Bloody Sunday doesn't have some legitimate punch to it. Really the entire album War.

I'll concede pretty much anything else because it's not worth arguing, but none of the bullshit criticisms about that band can stick to that album.

Every one of their songs is the same

I don't even like The Cure but you're retarded

>mediocre musicians
They're music isn't technically complex but I'd bet they're a bunch of competent musicians. Smith played guitar for the Banshees who feature some more complex guitar work if that says anuthing.

>boring music
Again, it's fine if you don't like it, you can still recognize their qualities. From the wild styles their career covers, the top-notch songwritting, the melodic ass soloing, the use of 6-string bass as a guitar, the moods they explored, the expressive lyrics, the iconic basslines, etc. They're far from "boring".

>They're also whiny faggots
:^)

Remember when this board WASNT populated majority by fuckers like this? It wasn't even that long ago either!

Good post.

Jesus, E-L-P.
Not El-P.

OP here, I have listened, and I respect your opinion. I will listen more.

Sorry dad, he's just awful and terribly overrated.

>Lying about not liking a musician that was called out for being overrated in order to not seem as butthurt.

>not a single mention of The Beatles
Sup Forums changed
even if you think the Rubber Soul to Abbey Road run was anything but overrated shite, everything they did before then (and after as solo musicians) is some of the worst music ever recorded by non-basement artists

yeah, and I'm saying don't knock him until you've heard Funcrusher

hating the Beatles has always been seen as a meme contrarian opinion stop hiding behing the Sup Forums changed meme

these arent critically acclaimed tho

I have literally nothing to gain by doing that, are you 14?

You're correct.

Consider the following you inbred lemon:

How about you fucking explained W-H-Y you think that instead of being a little bitch and go all like "lmao awful and terribly overrated xD"?

You're contributing nothing. You're just posting your (shit) opinion and passing it as a fact.

This board is for discussion, not for retarded attempts at "b8" or whatever memes you faggots spam.

>implying anybody gives a flying fuck what you think about The Boss

No, nigger. Are you?

you're a meme

He wasn't in the 70s. The E Street Band in their prime was one of the tightest bands around. It's a shame he writes such boring music now.

youtube.com/watch?v=xA82phRQ0vI

>nigger

Is this you trying not to sound 14? You're failing.

Go back to

Fresh.

>calls me out for memes
>replies by changing my words using memes
I don't care if anyone agrees, I just think he's overrated as fuck. His voice is shit, Born to Run being a great example. I heard Jersey Girl once and wanted to kill myself. It was the most bland, boring piece of music I ever had to suffer through. All of his big hits are just safe run of the mill soft rock.

I can't believe the backlash this is getting holy fuck. As if every artist known to man doesn't get shit on daily here. Calm the fuck down.

led zeppelin
grateful dead
devo
radiohead
queen
dream theater
mike patton
korn

>His voice is shit
youtube.com/watch?v=i0xoClNtXi0
nah

>Born to Run being a great example
Great song

>I heard Jersey Girl once and wanted to kill myself.
That's a Tom Waits song

>Calm the fuck down.
Nigga you're the one who's freaking out

>I don't care if anyone agrees
Good because no one does.

No, nigger.

kendrick lamar
OPN
aphex twin
muse
oasis
queen

epic

Agreed on all of these.

Blur
Nirvana

>korn
>acclaimed

Yeah, nigger.

What's bad about them? I mean, they're obviously a greatest hits band but at least those sound cool.

perfect list.

I got like 10 replies in a matter of 5 minutes...kinda the freak out I meant. And the guy who called me an "inbred lemon".

Maybe I heard him too much growing up, I don't know. He is just so bland to me.

Anyone who makes b8 threads about artists, I hope you're taking notes on the fury saying Springsteen is overrated causes.

once I saw a person wearing a fedora say they were good on Facebook and now I want nothing to do with them

What are you doing here?

"let's all shit on Radiohead to be controversial woohoo fuck rym I really know music"
shoutout for the Aphex mention though, Richard D James album is trash

It's more influential than any of your favorite albums

in one breath you mock people for not liking something you like and in the next you mock something you don't like

literally the definition of a pleb

808s & Heartbreak is influential too

Great list.

freshhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

obituary
drake
joy division
burzum
beat happening
dean blunt/hype williams
rush

>Richard D James album is trash
thats his best tho

I won't disagree t.bh

fuck, they collaborated with hans giger
and 90s critics praised them

Revolver is God tier Tho

Agreed. U2 are fucking gay.

Bruce is actually god-tier mainstream rock

Or was at one point

Death Grips.

I just never got Revolver. It's jangle pop with very light psychedelia at the end with Tomorrow Never Knows. It has two worthwhile tracks.

Only first album has acclaim and even then no one raved on about it

Yeah but admit it. They did make some incredible hits.

dg are critically acclaimed?

>Le circle jerk agree with me!!!!!!

>worthwhile

what the fuck does this even mean

muse's early stuff is some of the best rock of the 2000s, their later stuff is 95% trash tho