Folk Punk Thread

what does Sup Forums think of folk/anarchist punk does anyone here like Pat The Bunny?

Other urls found in this thread:

defianceohio.terrorware.com/audio/
youtube.com/watch?v=boKRp48JfOw
youtube.com/watch?v=T68lEeFZs04
youtube.com/watch?v=B_zwqtzQbaI
youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEx-7R_QY8
youtube.com/watch?v=kpDKqBd_hM0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Yeah. Use to be talked about a lot here. Really like the Wingnut Dishwashers Union stuff.

It's always sad to see these threads never get replies as I really like this genre, some underrated albums are
Asking for it-happy birthday hitler
Anorexic Olsen twin- s/t
And the rarish Johnny jobo/pat the bunny stuff is good

Yo, any you folks have any Psalters albums in 320 that aren't Divinte Liturgy of the Wretched? Shit's hard to find.

The best show I've evee seen was a free show Ramshakle did in Brooklyn.

It's a shame he's given up on music.

Probably Nothing, Possibly Everything is a fantastic album

Pat changed my life t b h
never cared about too much other folk punk but god damn i love that guy

he hasn't given up, there's a possible ramshackle album out this year and he's put out new stuff as recently as 2015

Kinda cool too, that he got sober the same year I did.

So it's neat to look at his older catalog and be like "oh right." then again to his newer stuff and be like "muh feeelz"

orly?
I hope so. I heard he was straying away from the music scene.

Thanks for the info

Rosa - i Mississippi You .

This. The Taxpayers are also very good

What yall think of my ink

is that a GPC ciggarette?

I used to listen to folk punk more when I was in my teens but I sometimes have trouble relating to a lot of the bands I used to love in that genre on account of the lyrics being a bit too whiny for me sometimes. I still have a lot of respect for AJJ and loved Knife Man. I never liked pat the bunny/johnny hobo though. They always came off as too "try hard" and glorifying the life of a dirty homeless traveler kid who will complain about not having enough money to eat while they chain smoke expensive cigarettes (also fyi im pretty sure johnny hobo was never actually homeless). One band I still listen to frequently that's folk punk is Defiance, Ohio. They're great. They're also a bit more musical than your average folk punk band. Listen to The Great Depression. They give away all their music for free on their website too. Get the great depression, the fear the fear the fear, and share what'ya got

defianceohio.terrorware.com/audio/

youtube.com/watch?v=boKRp48JfOw

lol
youtube.com/watch?v=T68lEeFZs04

days n daze - misanthropic drunken loner

youtube.com/watch?v=B_zwqtzQbaI

pleb choice: Pat The Bunny
patrician choice: Cranford Nix

>folk
>punk

kind of an oxymoron isn't it?

uhh no

moar b8 pllx

It'd be better if it werne't all lefty tosh

cranford is better desu

I love you like an alcohilic

youtube.com/watch?v=ZCEx-7R_QY8

Are the Violent Femmes folk punk? they play grandpas guitars

juss stop

Of course

Ramshackle Glory is playing their *last show ever* at PIX Fest 2016.

fucking this
why is it always promoting such a morall-less, hedonistic lifestyle?

I love his work as Johny Hobo, but his work afer rehab and into Ramshackle ia so great.

It's basically "babbys 1st folkpunk"

I mean, his later stuff is his best and it's about not killing yourself with drugs and otherwise, and trying to live a satisfying life with healthy relationships without betraying your antiauthoritarian values.

Seems pretry principled to me desu

Pat is anarchist. I dunno if this is b8, but his style of archo-ism is very "who does the dishes after the revolution."

I meant folk punk in general but pat the bunny with the freight trains
the most not-hedonist thing he says is "I guess that's what, my teachers all, wrned me drugs would do"
the rest is about enjoying life cus fucked it "who needs drugs....ME" and shit, it's borderline cringey, which really bothers me cus I love the music

Oh of course, I'm the guy with the tattoo and I think everything prehab is cringey angsty bullshit. I love it for that but that's what it is

Nice recs, thank you
Entry-level but still good

that's a cute tattoo btw
but no, it's just, seperating the music from the message I love it
but the message is so hedonist-lefty it hurts
wish their was some "day of the rope" tier alt-right artists making similar shit, tho it'd still be cringey

Would you rather:

I'd love some rec's

beer beer I like beer 27 pints and I don't fucking care drinking in the morning and drinking in the night I like beer it's alright

Make it, it's not like it's a hard genre

All i know is this bike is a pipe bomb, blackbird raum and hail seizures

was hoping someone would mention the taxpayers. this album is goat.

Folkk / Punk is one of the best genre's

>electric guitar
dropped

I'm happy some of you niggas is down with some true feels

I saw them live with Ramshacckle, and had to buy their vinyl; they're incredible live

christ, you're a fag.