Xiu xiu thread

xiu xiu thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=R-SP0sTM8E4
rateyourmusic.com/release/album/xiu_xiu/kling_klang/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Five bucks says this thread gets deleted before 100 posts

Seriously though, why does that one janitor have such an issue with Schwee Schwee

So barring the new Twin Peaks album are they going to continue doing their weird avant garde experiments? What's next if they keep doing them? I mean they already made an album from vibrators hanging from a statue. Where else is there to go?

listened to this album for the first time. I like it. Angel Guts was ok. What else should I listen to?

field recordings of angela farting

Finally, an artist who understands my Asian fart fetish. Thanks Jamie!

Knife Play, The Air Force, La Foret

xiu bump

did jamie and angela ever fucked?

A Promise and Fabulous Muscles

I've been listening to Xiu Xiu all day for the first time.

I like it.

That's about all I have to contribute to the thread.

>they already made an album from vibrators hanging from a statue
Which album is that?

is anyone who's a fan of this band also happy with their life? just curious

youtube.com/watch?v=R-SP0sTM8E4

no

No and I've emailed Jamie about this

XIU XIU

Y U NO PLAY IN TORONTO

30. Good job. Healthy relationships. Satisfying hobbies.

Love this band. Good, bleak, lyricism with experimental pop elements.

I got 5 years to try and get where you are in life

I think I can maybe do that

rateyourmusic.com/release/album/xiu_xiu/kling_klang/

I'm not depressed but I'm certainly not in the best place emotionally.

the twin peaks cover album is baby's first xiu xiu. it's kind of cute to see people try to get into xiu xiu because of that and get turned off immediately.

That almost happened to me. I went straight for the Nina and I wasn't ready. I switched to fabulous muscles and I really enjoyed it.

I am both a fan, and quite happy.
You don't have to hate your life to enjoy something very negative. You just have to understand the emotions.

S A M E

Nina is p tight if you want to know what xiu xiu meets jazz instruments would sound like

Bump for La Foret being waaaayy underrated.
Can I see a few LP rankings in here?

Nope. Will probably kill myself soon

agreed on la foret being underrated

my rankings are knife play > la foret > a promise > air force > chapel of the chimes > fab muscles > everything else

>when the guitar comes in on nieces pieces

I'm definitely not

That sounds like a good goal. I think i'll join you in that. good luck

Please don't kill yourself. What's bothering you?

a promise > knife play > fag patrol > la foret > the air force > fabulous muscles > dear god I hate myself > nina > chapel of the chimes > women as lovers > angel guts > always > life and live > tu mi piaci > collab with merzbow > respectful and clean

to be fair, I haven't heard the later albums nearly as much
but Dear God I Hate Myself is underrated as well

shit forgot to add this to the end of my post

I haven't seen Twin Peaks, but I'm a huge xiu xiu fan already, so should I hold off on listening to the cover album until I see the show?

Anyone got a download for their covers of twin peaks songs

Agreed, dear God I hate myself is their most under-rated work

the album would be essentially meaningless to someone who hadn't heard the original music or know the story of the show. make sure you watch the movie too.

>See Swans at St. Andrew's Detroit 2014
>Xiu Xiu opens
>loud.jpg
>really fucking loud
>On LSD
>Be a cavity and the dentist was drilling for me
>start screaming
>people around literally cannot even hear me screaming
>The way he rubs his synth looks like he is jacking off and feels bad about it
>Finally stops
>the damage is done
>Never turned back to check discog

Lonliness and feeling worthless

damn that's a cool poster

pardon me, but are you aware that your music is very depressing and tends to attract people of a similar depressed demeanor??

if i kill myself, i will most likely be listening to xiu xiu when i jump/pull the trigger/kick the chair/etc.

i wrote the post you replied to, me too user. i really don't know how much more of this i can take. i hate my brain. i'm so fucked up

thx man

That's so melodramatic. You can't listen to suicidal music while you kill yourself, that's like going to a concert in a shirt of the band you're seeing. You gotta listen to the radio or some unrelated happy shit or ambient music or something. Also, I'm sure xiu xiu wouldn't like knowing their art pushed someone to kill themselves.

Also, I think stabbing yourself samurai style is the way to go, but don't actually do it.

Should i listen to this if i never heard the twin peaks soundtrack?

I totally get what you're saying I guess. Like, it's not like Xiu Xiu drove me to suicide, it's just that their music matches the moments that I feel like dying. It would be poetically appropriate, in my mind, to die to that.I'm being really morbid and melodramatic anyway, but yeah idk.

well you could easily listen to the soundtrack before it

as much as i love xiu xiu it's too usually intense and energetic for suicide imo. would have to be a track like Fast Car.

What did he mean by this?

whats troubling u alex

;_;

this is the only album i've listened to and i really like some songs off it like I luv the Valley but really dislike like half the songs.
Can't pinpoint exactly what it is about them either, would you rec any of their other albums based on this user? Dont know where to start

the answer is either "very no" or "kinda"

in my case, very no

can anyone tell me how i can scrobble their twin peaks album? the only place i know of the listen to it is a youtube video o the entire album

is anyone who posts on this board happy with their life?

Nice rankings. I've only heard probably 8 or 9 albums, but those are generally similar to how I'd put them
I've had moderate depression at my worst, now I feel great. Xiu Xiu us my favorite artist

vinylscrobbler you autist

i wanna email him with my problems too, he sounds amazing

My life's been a mess

but it's on the up, for now.

no

does anyone have a link to download A Promise? I can't find it anywhere