How bad is my taste? Would you be my friend in real life?

How bad is my taste? Would you be my friend in real life?

no
only two artists I like out of those are deerhunter and beach house, but depression cherry and monomania were much better than those two

bad taste but i would probably show you things that would make your taste better (or worse maybe)

i lik youre taste :^)

we could talk about Flylo a little then I'd tell you how bad I think Reflektor is at which point i'd be too tired to take a dig at the rest of your taste.

not bad, yes

You are perfectly social-like in your taste why be friends with the aspies on here?

depends if u was cool or not lol

Drones Pitchfork way too much. Find a niche and dig into it.

No.

from the looks of it, he has a niche, its psychedelia

Yes but it's incredibly entry level psychedelia that's also P4kcore

That's where the digging into it comes in

>you have to find a smaller niche to drone off

No, you have to find something you like and then start exploring the genre.

Are people actually this dumb?

what's entry level about it

I'd be your friend in real life. You'd probably just put one of the albums on without going on about its p4k score and reciting fantano's review of it verbatim, unlike most of the other people on this board that like to pretend they have good taste because someone on the internet told them to like it.

why did you pick the inferior album by every single one of those artists

It's all shit that Pitchfork has given incredibly high ratings to. Aka pitchforkcore.

You're the only dumb one. Implying anyone HAS to do this.

>dismissing an album because p4k gave a high rating

Well if you want to be a stupid Pitchfork drone with no fucking taste then go ahead.
If you want to be someone with slightly more unique and refined taste then follow what I say.
There's nothing wrong with listening to music that a certain music publication gave a high rating to.

There's something wrong if literally all you listen to is music that said publication gave high ratings to.

You got Janelle Monae so your good

People that unironically imply there is objectively better taste than x are usually the biggest drones themselves.

>inv4 faggot won't say something is bad if RYM says it's muh experimental

And here we have the drone apologist. Note how he immediately uses meaningless buzzword arguments and namedrops RYM for no good reason.

Nice pic
Post more

I don't pay much attention to my friend's music taste. As long as you're cool and shit, I'd be your friend.

That being said, your taste is mediocre

No. That's quite enough for you young man

Nope. Its just been true every time. You latch onto one subculture to feel superior over another.

Yep. If you chose friends based off interests, you're an asshole.

That's the fucking point. You're not supposed to latch onto any subculture you dipshit.

Stop trying to defend your garbage taste and start improving it.

>'improving'

Get over yourself. I'm only on mu for memes because neo mu is garbage. I have both niche taste and more popular ones, I don't feel I have to focus one or the other.

>"haha i'm only on Sup Forums ironically"
>"i swear haha i'm not seriously on here"

Holy shit stop replying to me anytime. Please filter me.

I'd be your friend, nowadays they think it's "cool to hate le p4k drone xD" when those are legitimately good albums

I've been here since the peak of pitchfirk in 2009. Dirty projectors were the bare bottom then. Now it's kanye grimes and nigger rap. The board is infested with r/indieheads and teenagers trying to be cool through finding mu off fantano. It is beyond saving at this point.

I already said, kindly filter me you drone apologist.

i would "friend" you

Depression Cherry really is best girl, and while we're at it The Life of Pablo is [spoiler]fun to listen to every now and again but really wasn't a well made project.[/spoiler]

your taste is better than like 99% of Sup Forums

I see a lot of filtered posts in this thread. Who angered the teenager?

>projecting

Your taste is alright, interested in some good artists just chose some bad albums from their discographies :^)

which ones are bad

kendrick, beach house, kanye, death grips

For every artist in that picture there at least one better project by them

Except it has Kendrick Lamar's best album and Death Grips' best album.

this pic has a lot of good albums in it
people will hate on this because it shows that you don't actively seek out new music
these people are autistic
just keep on listening to music and you'll find more stuff that you like

also remember that Sup Forums is a shitty music board

all of those artists are considered by many to be the best of their time, right now, so how is he not seeking out new music if hes listening to the best we have to offer?

Outside of Janelle Monae and Kanye, sure.

Because listening to only what is perceived as the best is only self-gratifying yourself for listening to what you think is the best music because that's what other people told you

If you don't truly have your own taste you shouldn't be discussing music like you do

obscure =/= good

>Kendrick's best album

Gonna give this Death Grips release more time before I say it's better than Money Store but that might be true.

No it's not

He will never top GKMC

read back what you just posted... yes of course hes listening to music for self gratification, just because they are all acclaimed artists doesnt make it bad or show that he doesnt seek out newer music

So it's okay that he listens to what p4k only says is good instead of finding niches he likes to explore in by himself

Makes sense coming from what I assume is a metacritic drone

I didn't dislike a single song on TPAB and nothing felt out of place but I didn't like Real (AWFUL hook) or Sing about me (too long imo, nothing else bad I can say though). That's why I prefer TPAB personally.

why are you compartmentalizing all the music whether p4k liked it or not? so, not only are they all popular, they are well received by media publications, and that makes them bad as opposed to more obscure less well known or popular music?? what the shit kinda of logic is this

Bad
No

What? Are you retarded?

I like 7/9 artist in OP I'm simply saying it's better to develop your own taste without looking at the fucking number a couple people give an album come on follow the conversation