>reddit.com/r/Guitar/wiki/index

Music Theory:
>justinguitar.com/

Guitar chords and inversions
>chordbook.com/guitarchords.php

String Tension Calculator (D'Addario based):
>hikkyz.net/misc/stringassembler/

Floyd Rose Setup Video Tutorial:
>[YouTube] Floyd Rose Setup Part 1 of 7: Introduction (embed)

Steve Vai's Ten Hour Workout
>mediafire.com/download/kzw6kjuocgicwks/Ten_Hour.pdf
Guthrie Govan's Creative Guitar 1 & 2
>mediafire.com/download/bn8803xzlrbds3b/Guitar1.rar
>mediafire.com/download/9uhtufuf3z9cx8m/Guitar2.rar

Impulse Response Pack
>mediafire.com/download/svtfxjtillrdwt8/Gods Cab 1.3.rar
>mediafire.com/download/4n28zkjw0zgmdj9/ASEM RECTO V30 L2.wav (embed)

--

>Advancing Guitarist - Mick Goodrick
mediafire.com/download/cvfno10fv4lf4a8
>Chord Chemistry - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/61n5op7eiifxztg

Others
>Mickey Baker's Jazz Guitar
mediafire.com/download/zq35xorj2iaqh22
>Modern Chord Progressions: Jazz and Classical Voicings for Guitar - Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/oflu4wdwofhqqtb
>Jazz Guitar: Single Note Soloing Vol. 1 & 2- Ted Greene
mediafire.com/download/07o65qdh5in1nsq
mediafire.com/download/jmu86f7dj8bdxcd

previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/dr69pouGIBA?t=2m21s
youtu.be/sPLEbAVjiLA?t=2m45s
youtu.be/aVHly92RQRM?t=35s
youtu.be/2e5EyLCbJFM?t=16s
clyp.it/b2lxv1sx
youtube.com/watch?v=HzOvm5Kod8A
samash.com/marshall-1974x-handwired-reissue-1x12-tube-guitar-combo-amp-m1974xxxx
lmgtfy.com/?q=marshall 5 watt tube amp
youtube.com/watch?v=TqbIouGWOas
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

please tell me that unholy abomination isn't real

no, but I want it to be.

Nope, it seems mirrored, unless BC Rich/Framus/Music Man have decided to put out yet another retarded design.

>2016
>wanting an onset guitar

That thing is an abomination.

who is this semen demon

this would be a great shape desu

just remove the switches and strap button on the other side

Can anyone suggest a good distortion pedal? I don't mind spending a good amount of money. I don't want anything that sounds like a Tube Screamer. Any suggestions?

What kind of distortion are you looking for? Can you give some examples?

One that goes like "whoosh whrrrd zzzpapappap rrrrrrdrkkkkkkkkkkkkrkrkrkrkkr skrrrrwhooshwhooshwhoosh whrrrrreeeeeeeee nananananaaaa" preferably. Anything like that?

proco rat

proco rat 2 or minotaur effects fuzz and burn

Proco Rat
HM-2
EQD Hoof

youtu.be/dr69pouGIBA?t=2m21s

youtu.be/sPLEbAVjiLA?t=2m45s

youtu.be/aVHly92RQRM?t=35s

youtu.be/2e5EyLCbJFM?t=16s

Probably not a lot of congruence as far as the type of distortion among these. I like these though.

Anyone got a YouTube link of that user with a red/maroon schecter? He records licks and riffs from his practice sessions if I remember correctly.

All his vids were taken with a Nokia 3310 in a basement

Help me /gg/, your my only hope

Pic unrelated

Like the other anons have said, a proco rat would be a good staring point. I'd also recommend a big muff for the heavy fuzz for that death grips tone.
I personally like the Maxon OD808X.

I'm going to buy a classical guitar after I graduate because it's been awhile since I'm giving my friends guitar back that he lent me for the last year. I've read numerous people on /gg/ saying it's detrimental to the playing to have it be a cutaway and electric, while my luthier cousin says the only difference would be very minuscule and wouldn't affect the playability.

So, my question, any recommendations with specific reasons to get either a non-electric non-cutaway, or the one I wanted to get?

Daily reminder to be happy with your gear and just play the fucking thing

Do not do this.

I answered a couple of threads ago, but I'll copypasta it again for you

Unless you're only playing classical guitar repertoire acoustically and need maximum projection, there is no reason to not get a cutaway classical with a pickup.

It's only the hardest of hardcore classical fags that worry about the nth degree of tonal purity as many classical guitarists amplify these days as standard practice, although usually miced rather a pickup.

The ability to plug in to an amp expands the possible uses for the instrument enormously.

Audition instruments till you find one that sounds good plugged and unplugged and feels good in your hands.

Proco Rat

>muh setup
Anyone wanna start a band?
Beer is required
We can work things out after that

I remember your answer, just wanted to get a few more opinions on it. I have been to the local guitar shop and they have one of each now. They both sound identical, so I'm willing to go to another guitar shop if I find one to experiment more.

Rat 2, Turbo Rat, Fat Rat?

What string gauge and brand does Sup Forums use and why?
>10-46 Elixirs
>Sustain and feels good on the fingers

Cool - I'd want to try a lot more than just one, my local store had about 15 electro acoustic classicals last time I checked, although this much choice isn't always beneficial...

.9 elixirs is the only way to go.

No literally, they are the only way to go on my Edge system without having to do a proper setup everytime I change strings.

till I lose my virginity re: never

Rat 2.

10-46 NYXLs

Where do you live?

Condenser mics sound much better than piezo pickups or inbody mics, the active preamp just sterilizes the sound so badly in classical guitars. At best it makes a decent blend, at worst it sounds honky as though you trapped a goose being microwaved in your guitar.

I'm anal about cutaway guitars, really the upper bout is not apart of the vibrating membrane so it's not much of a sounds loss, they do however have to brace the guitar differently.
The upper frets, which are used often in classical repetoire, are easily accessible.
Despite this I hate them, I hate the way they look and feel.

LAish

Aw.
Canada

D'Addario EXL158 (13-62)

One last note, when classical guitar luthiers build a top and back, they tune it close to(not on) a specific fundamental note.
Classical guitar tops are often tuned around A for the thicker tops all the way down to F# for the thinnest. While the backs are tuned much higher.

I can't imagine cut away guitars recieve the same level of fine tuning as many luthiers don't offer the option to even build a guitars with a cutaway and you can bet Factory guitars don't have that much time spent on them.

Started with an acoustic and my dad tried to teach me some our country's folk songs, wasn't interested at age 7.
At age 14, Guitar Hero and Rock Band were pretty big at the time and everybody was playing guitar, so I bought a cheap chink strat clone, but lost interest pretty fast.
At 19 a friend of mine wanted to start a band and needed a bassist, so took my brother's bass I've playing since.

Currently 22 and I'm about to take some Funk/Slap lessons this summer.

Damn homie
What're you looking for?
I'm sure there's anything other /gg/ Canadabros looking for the same thing

Never played a baritone. What tuning?

I don't play a baritone. I use them a 24.75" in B Standard.

I use 10-52 Ernie Balls. The "skinny top heavy bottom" ones. Just makes a lot of sense to me and they're not too expensive

where in canada?

d'addario 10s

9s are too slinky and i don't like how they sound. 11s are a bit too thick and make bends more difficult than they need to be, but they sound good. 10s are good balance between how they sound/how they bend.

for acoustic i don't know what i use, i randomly go from extra light to mediums.

What are the positives and negatives of archtops?
I'm thinking about getting one but I'm not sure if I should get a regular acoustic or pic above

D'addario 12 gauge on my ES-339 and strats, whatever 13 gauge I can find for my acoustic, and 14 gauge thomastik flatwounds for my collings

Positives: punchier sound, more mid range think Django Reinhardt, Freddie Green.

Negatives: slightly less louder than a flat-top unless you platy a carved top guitar

Anything from alt rock to shoegaze and other related genres.

Ontario. The GTA really, more specifically in Markham but anywhere in the GTA is good

Rate my improvisation.

clyp.it/b2lxv1sx

shit sustain

Damn nigga
Would've loved to just jam with you and exchange ideas

positives:
no tail lift (read: not a fucking disposable guitar unlike 100% of flat tops)
better intonation (movable tailpiece)
stylin'

negatives:
expensive

>improv
>good
>ever

Nice, link to backing track? or did you make it yourself?

There ya go f@m

youtube.com/watch?v=HzOvm5Kod8A

sorry you didn't like it f@m

>implying improvised music isn't better than composed music

D'Addario. Always.

11-56 in Drop C on a 25.5"
11-56 in Drop A# in another 25.5" guitar (because trem + old warped neck)
12-54 D Standard in a specific 24.75" guitar.
11-52 Eb Standard in another 24.75" Or 10.5-48 in E Standard

I just need that little more tension.

Louisiana or Los Angeles?

If the latter, I live around the 562 area code

About to buy one on Amazon. Any reason I should get the Rat 2 over the Turbo Rat?

Seems like the Turbo just has more scooped mids, but I might be wrong.

Never too late to move up north

Vibrato is still horrendous, everything else is great. Seriously dude, sit down for a while and figure out how to make your vibrato sound pleasant

Ernie ballsack 10s regular slinky

d'addario prosteels:
.045, .060, .085, .110
each bought as singles to assemble a balanced-tension ProSteel set.

Turbo Rat is a lot less versatile IMO. The Rat 2 sounds better and it's way more versatile, at least in my experience

>each bought as singles to assemble a balanced-tension ProSteel set.

what a fucking special snowflake.

it's basically heaven tbphwy

your technique is fine but you're relying on it too much. there were a few spots where i hear you come up with some type of melodic idea and i wanted you to expand on it, but you'd abandon it and start shredding instead

don't take this the wrong way, you're good, just lay it back

Same set as you. I just like the way they feel, and they fight you just enough on bends and such. I also always thought they sounded kind of neutral, which is a plus for my tone.

i prefer rat 2. turbo rat is too bright

It's good enough to hang with just about any rock band you want. You've got enough chops to get most any gig that would come your way.

To improve what you've already got you need to spend time getting outside of your comfort zone. I can tell that you're very comfortable playing over that track, but branch out. Listen to a lot of different music, and develop your ear further. You played it safe the whole way through and that's not a bad thing. You did what would get you paid. There's a lot of room for experimentation in that track though.

i wish marshall made a really good tube amp that i could play without pissing off the neighborhood

get the 2 and change the chip.

Yeah. That happens to me oftenly. I blame it on my lack of 'head voice'. I'm too centered on the fretboard to think of the overall song.

I haven't played with an actual band for years. Bedroom playing is sweet. Yeah I'm trying to get out of my comfort zone, just started listening to Jazz a few days ago, I hope that helps.

My bends/vibrato is just horrible actually. I can't even bend with my ring finger.

they do make that senpai

samash.com/marshall-1974x-handwired-reissue-1x12-tube-guitar-combo-amp-m1974xxxx

yea you really want to get out of the whole "finger playing" thing, it's a musical death sentence. that's how people end up in malmsteen territory.

it's kind of natural to end up playing with your fingers rather than your ears, i'm pretty sure it happens to everyone who heavily practices scales/arpeggios.

maybe try incorporating more slides and bends rather than shreddy scale stuff. try practicing over a backing track and try to physically stop yourself from shredding and instead do slides/bends

>18 valve watts
>no gain control
>not loud

user i at least need a gain control and master volume. and 18 watts is already pushing it

lmgtfy.com/?q=marshall 5 watt tube amp

> Pawn Shop Strat, pawn shop Ibanez bass
> Fender Jag, Modulus 5 (so much shit i want though)
> Year and a half(I know, I know)
>SOOO MANY
>John Frusciante, Jimmy Page, Jimi Hendrix, Cliff Burton, Flea, Robert Trujillo, Les Claypool
>Practice, practice, practice hours a day

i said good, assknuckle

i'm aware of the dsl 5 but it sounds like ass

I need a meme guitar for shoegaze and alternative. Which one is better, jaguar or jazzmaster?

Shit man, you might want to look at their real quiet amps.

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Used/Marshall/Class-5-1x10-5W-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-111998670.gc?country=us¤cy=usd&source=4WWRWXGP&gclid=CNm16JSrx8wCFcokhgodWzcACw&kwid=productads-adid^57619015002-device^c-plaid^143202142122-sku^111998670@ADL4GC-adType^PLA

yamaha SG2

My Evil Twin has 100 "valve watts" and only a single volume control for the clean channel. I remember accidentally turning the volume up to 7 before turning it on and my fucking window cracked. I even had some hearing damage for a few hours.

Sounds like luthier bullshit to push the their price higher.

The Class 5 sounds pretty good dude. You're not going to get full stack tone out of a 5 watt amp ... I would use one to record any time.

yamaha sg 500b

JCM2000 DSL-50 (first generation). Clean volume is completely controllable, gain with a boost can be used at bedroom volumes fine.

that things looks so gaze

does it have a gain control? can you take a picture of the controls?

"finger playing" seems to be the best word to describe this yeah..

pleb
can you give a point where he has bad vibrato? it wasn't great but i didn't necessarily hear a point where it was offensive
anyway yeah it was good. i kind of agree with what that other guy was saying about melody. it seemed like you kind of returned to patterns you knew instead of relying on your ear

I have a high question.
Is it actually physically possible to play so hard and so fast that your fingers just cannot physically take it and you start injuring yourself? I mean, actually playing, hitting notes.
I keep trying to do this really really fast sliding thing on the last 3 strings and I'm paranoid it's gonna cut me. It's already visually doing a number on my calluses. Is this a known problem?

>give a point where he has bad vibrato
The very first note. It's that frantic, too-fast, tiny bend vibrato that's all too common in shredders

what bass is this

An SG bass?

Les' tone is just so fucking fat, holy shit: youtube.com/watch?v=TqbIouGWOas

obviously not.

it does you asshole it's just made by another company with the ability to reach the fucking bottom neck. Quit thinking you're kurt Cobain

Depends on your Amp.

it's a British company, can't say the name off the top of my head but Bowie played one. They're really cheap feeling but for what ever reason people like the early 60's retro as fuck look of them.

That a Hagstrom, believe they were/are Swedish.