Skepta - Konnichiwa

There was a LP release from Skepta yesterday, but I am a bit slow. Did user listen to it? I liked it, many good tracks on the album.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2bidJTn-V8A
youtube.com/watch?v=uwDnb_u1-kg
youtube.com/watch?v=FiuJteASA60
youtube.com/watch?v=MiK2f9w_Ymo
youtube.com/watch?v=QfpV8yGNR6g
youtube.com/watch?v=6EbhxeSIwqM
youtube.com/watch?v=fyV4pY3wGME
youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rehNeLrU0
youtube.com/watch?v=5Bx847ssn2s
mega.nz/#!v5YkyLiD!DTuAiOysHB6JdThX5sAThtvpg06gauJ_6DgYiUnq0pc
youtube.com/watch?v=h8SEKwcrqUs
youtube.com/watch?v=XL5l2vZmygs
youtube.com/watch?v=RAfm4eRuQoo
youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Mr2oGwPw
youtube.com/watch?v=1sVpRAllC4A
youtube.com/watch?v=vZaR8vXxceA
youtube.com/watch?v=8jkxJoV_3Ak
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Skepta is an english grime MC for those of you who wonder.

You only like Skepta because Drake plugged him desu senpai

No, because he's making grime, desu. And good one.
Has nothing to do with Drake.

I've listened to album few times.
IMO best new song: Lyrics.
Worst new song: Number.

Yeah, lyrics is a killer.
I liked also man, that's not me and detox.
Many good tracks on album imo.

but he's only barely making grime and he's far from good

Why so? This album is quite good.
He's not exactly my favourite artist, but he's good.

konnichiwa, crime riddim and lyrics are good numbers is a bit dead though. been listening to it all day

Yeah, to be honest after listening numbers twice didn't like it much either.
I liked the dialog in the end of crime riddim, lol.

yeah, numbers is alright but it gets old quick, konnichiwa is the best imo, wbu?

Yeah, konnichiwa is good.
Didn't decide yet, but shutdown i think on of my top tracks.
I like the catchy tune and fast reading, however the lyrics sometimes seem weird in this one.

yeah shutdown is really good, im just talking about the new songs because ive already listened to them before

Ah, I got it, then I probably would say lyrics is top for me.
Really good track.

GO ON 'EN
GO ON 'EN
GO ON 'EN
DRAW FOR THE 'CHETE
MAKE YOUR BELLY LOOK LIKE A BOWL OF SPAGHETTI

God you guys have shit taste in grime.

Name all the great grime records then

only fake posh roadman listen to a wasteman like skepta

ah there's the gender studies major again

This is a meme and is completely utterly 100% untrue.

All these majorly popular grime artists like Skepta, Stormzy, Jme, Chip, etc have become popular through the roads not the suburbs. They got buzz on the roads, the roads gave them the YouTube views which put them in the public eye, and THEN the posh middle class cheeky nandos sixth form students discovered them and latched on to it.

It's just like how tons of preppy white kids in America listen to Gucci Mane and Future. These still have the entire hood bumping their shit but they've gotten big enough that people outside of the hood have caught on too.

Ask your average roadman whether he's a Skepta fan and he will most likely say yes. He and the other currently big grime artists get a LOT of respect in the ends still.

you aren't from the uk lol
i've seen him live twice and the crowd is a quarter fake roadmen, a quarter normies like myself and half actual roadmen & girls

Britfag here

Cant even enjoy this album without occasionally cringing due to Drake and other faggot americans jumping on the grime bandwagon

I dont even know why Skepta even bothered getting on with Drake, he must of known that faggot just jumps on whatever is popular at the

literally just Boy In Da Corner and Home Sweet Home

M8 I live in tooting (South London) and I grew up with playing grime tunes on the back of the bus years ago

The best grime doesnt even come from albums, it comes from radio sessions and live freestyles,like hip hop used to

T.Olly

>Talking about LPs when trying to talk about good Grime

Everytime.

>Mandem discussing about which grime is better

Based wastemen

If stormzy or anyone from bbk is anywhere near your top 5 you have shit taste. Simple.

My personal top 5

1. CasIsDead: The Number 23
2. Devlin: Tale From the Crypt
3. Merky ACE: NWO
4. Trim: Bandoolou
5. Rocks FOE: Legion EP

I wouldn't be so quick to shit talk other people's taste if that's your top 5 senpai.

>personal
>personal
>personal
>personal

Post yours then.

>no Flowdan
>no Riko
>no Killa P
wew

best grime ting this year, both instrumental and vocals
youtube.com/watch?v=2bidJTn-V8A

>He doesn't like what I like

Not an argument.

This guy knows

I would add spaceape too, I mean hes quite similar to flowdan

Is anyone here actually from london?

Tooting mandem here

Top 5 grime artists of all time

1. Jammer
2. 9 Milli Major
3. Funky Dee
4. Big Shizz
5. Dorris

Spaceape is nothing like Flowdan.
The only one I can think of who is like Spaceape is LKJ and, let's be honest here, every one looks like a fucking dilettante when compared to LKJ.
youtube.com/watch?v=uwDnb_u1-kg

Bermondsey here.

There's no point for me naming good Grime releases as every single one has some absolute garbage on it so I'd rather list what I think are the best freestyles.
youtube.com/watch?v=FiuJteASA60
youtube.com/watch?v=MiK2f9w_Ymo
youtube.com/watch?v=QfpV8yGNR6g
youtube.com/watch?v=6EbhxeSIwqM
youtube.com/watch?v=fyV4pY3wGME

>tfw no Cemetary Warriors ever
Why did they even announce it.

Props for putting kano and monkstar on there.

Alright taste tbqh famila

Damn

Im from london so know nothing outside the city

Is it like this is england?

Yep, plus romanians and albanians and fat middle aged women who all have short dyed blonde hair.

since we're all pretending to be above grime her

anyone get a link for any cas albums? Also detox is a BANGER

Tbh Castro Saint and Devlin in that other guy's top 5 are both fucking excellent MCs, but Number 23 wasn't great and none of Devlin's releases have been very good either.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z6rehNeLrU0
youtube.com/watch?v=5Bx847ssn2s
Honestly Devlin was pretty much the best MC at one point. Even more impressive considering he learnt everything from Dogzilla who is totally shit.

Devlin is fucking great

He reminds me of so many people I grew up with in london

Yo, senpai
Yo, Chip
Talk to me, man
Where are you, though? Who are you with?
I'm on my Js, blud
Sound, man. This ting has got me, blud, I'm not gonna lie, senpai. I'm not gonna front, senpai. Mad pressures from every angle, senpai
Yeah?
It's come like I'm too ambitious to be with the mandem on the road but, I'm... like... I can't be up there with them people either... you know what I'm saying? I'm too black to be up there, you see what I'm saying, senpai? I don't know, I feel like... I feel like I'm in limbo, Chippy. I feel like I'm in limbo, senpai
Senpai, you're going mad, senpai. I've been, I've been waiting to speak to you, senpai. You're going way too mad, senpai. Like what the fuck did you mean like you don't know why I mentioned your name, senpai? Like North London, senpai. You got the call from God to do something deeper, bro. Like, go got the call to go and make everyone look at everything else that is happening over here, senpai. You get me? That's a deeper calling, bro. Like them callings there, it's not everyone's phone that gets that ring ring there, you see what I'm saying, senpai? Like super powers senpai, super charged, bro
I hear that, senpai
Like just being you alone, senpai, niggas getting to watch. You're doing what you're supposed to do, bro. Cuh we ain't seen nuttin' like this happen before. Who's seen the country flip on its head like this, senpai? These youts don't know what's going on, senpai. They ain't got a fucking clue, senpai. Independent to the T, senpai. Love, brudda, man. I needed that powers. Power up senpai, I don't even like hearing you sound like this, blud. I needed them. The mission's deeper right now. Love, brudda. Mad. Alright, senpai, I'm gonna shout you, man. What you saying though, everything good?
Blud, love you bro, man, just do what you gotta do. Man's doing what I gotta do, senpai. You already know, bro. Powers. Powers

Cas's Number 23 is on itunes lad, buy it and support him, he doesn't get recognition like skepta and all of the other big boys. If you're after his old stuff just search castro or castro st in youtube, I'm sure you can download all of them by using youtube mp3

That was me, Cas is my favourite artist of all time possibly. And I agree on Devlin.

>all those senpais
Are brit's diehard weebs or something

Sup Forums has a word filter so you cant post the word F.A.M or C..U.CK or T..BH

baka
desu i was just making a joke senpai

Ah right senpai desu cuck. I didn't know.

> You got the call from God to do something deeper, bro. Like, go got the call to go and make everyone look at everything else that is happening over here, senpai. You get me? That's a deeper calling, bro. Like them callings there, it's not everyone's phone that gets that ring ring there, you see what I'm saying, senpai? Like super powers senpai, super charged, bro
>You're doing what you're supposed to do, bro. Cuh we ain't seen nuttin' like this happen before. Who's seen the country flip on its head like this, senpai? These youts don't know what's going on, senpai. They ain't got a fucking clue, senpai. Independent to the T, senpai

Tbh Chip's speaking the truth here, everyone was watching Skepta with this release. This is quite possibly the most significant release in grime ever.

Well, cuck doesn't get censored anymore then

It's only censored if it's in caps

This was a comp made by Grimeforum (I think) of Cas' old stuff.

Castro Saint - Best Of Castro Saint
mega.nz/#!v5YkyLiD!DTuAiOysHB6JdThX5sAThtvpg06gauJ_6DgYiUnq0pc

You can get Commercial 2 from VK but quality is terrible. Everything available for Cas apart from Number 23 is terrible quality.

The closest MC in terms of actual lyricism to Devlin apart from Dizzee is probably 9er. But I think I am the only one who really likes him.
youtube.com/watch?v=h8SEKwcrqUs
youtube.com/watch?v=XL5l2vZmygs
youtube.com/watch?v=RAfm4eRuQoo

>This is quite possibly the most significant release in grime ever
No, that would be Eskimo riddim or something.

Devlin's send for Wiley will forever go down as the best send ever imo.

youtube.com/watch?v=mu4Mr2oGwPw

Oh fuck off

In terms of scale and worldwide recognition this is easily the biggest release whether you like skepta or not

Boy in da corner only got big with americans years after release

without eskimo riddim there would be no grime.

desu senpai

You do realise that in a few months no one will care about Konnichiwa at all right? It's honestly only school kids and BBK affiliates who are excited about it.

No because this will be influential with the longevity of the genre and its significance in the public eye.

Until like 2 years ago, the youth were going off grime and just copying Americans. Now it's big again.

This is an extremely significant release, and Skepta's done it really well desu. This is the album he needed to make.

See

Who wants to be alive, wants it to keep going?
That's not the mentality behind UK club music.

I want to see the next big thing, the next thing after footwork dies. Grime should just stay dead like jungle, like dubstep, like garridge.

There are people itt right now who think Skepta is unironically the best grime artist and that Konnichiwa is anything other than the same old shit from him.

Literally 99% of Skepta tracks are this

>I got money and I didn't use to have money, now I have money but I'm still road.

mega link where

Fuck you, you're fucking clueless.
Skepta is brilliant on production and decent enough on the microphone to have lasted this long.
youtube.com/watch?v=1sVpRAllC4A
youtube.com/watch?v=vZaR8vXxceA

The entire album is shit, tho

>Fuck you, you're fucking clueless.
>Skepta is brilliant on production and decent enough on the microphone to have lasted this long.
user please. He's been beyond mediocre his whole career, just like his brother and their entire crew. Stop hyping just because you think you grew up in grime culture.

i liked it
pretty much all bangers, easy short listen
the bass on Numbers is ridiculous
Man is my jam

It's not really UK club music anymore though.

Like it's got a completely different audience.

I get that it's origins come from dancehall and garage and shit, but the grime fanbase has much more in common with the hip-hop fanbase than it does with the bleep fanbase at this point.

This is true. Unfortunately I'm too much of a faggot to do that much work.

Anyone got a mega link?

I agree. I think the newer generation of grime artists have really outlined how terrible it is and how its fucking dying. Now thanks to bbk going international americans will jump on the bandwagon and kill it further

No, it doesn't what the fuck?
But honestly, I wouldn't call Skepta grime at this point, because there's only like three grime tunes on this entire thing.

Mega link to what??

Konnichiwa!

uhh hi.
You some kinda weeb?

Nope, sorry.

youtube.com/watch?v=8jkxJoV_3Ak
>It's Skepta, the African Nazi
fucking brilliant

Just bought about 7 massive cans of monster from asda, they were 37p each.

If anyone is into monster I would recommend going to your local asda to buy them.

Just saying this because I think this thread has loads of uk people in it.

>37p each
thats a good deal

It really is familia. They are fucking massive cans too. Someone must have pissed in the entire batch.

If you say this release is anything other than a bit shit you're lying to yourself.

real

youre gonna get fucked up liver problems pal

btw skepta, jme, stormzy etc are all shit

Where in soton rudeboi

And nah it's a pretty great album desu. Would be much better if we hadn't heard so much of it already.

37p each for tins of Monster? That's pretty fucking good, might have to venture to the ASDA down the road from me and see if they have any for that kind of price. Don't even like Monster that much, but I can drink it when I'm in the mood for it.

you know your stuff lad

Don't worry, I don't drink them every day, I just happned upon them and I couldn't resist a deal that good, They're usually £1-2 a can. I've only drunk 1 so far.

And I agree, they really are

Worth it tbqh,

Cas is my favourite artist to senpai, would like him to release a tape with all of his old tunes though, he has so many hard songs.

Is numbers SOTY?

nah it's Text Me Back

>monster
pic related
ROCKSTAR GANG

Roadmans listen to grime, but you'll never see them at a bleep jungle rave or whatever the fuck.

Its alright

Nothing Special